Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Installed H.I.D kit, Now parking lights do not light?

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Icon32 Installed H.I.D kit, Now parking lights do not light?

Whats up everyone. Hoping someone knows a little about this specific situation. Just got done installing an H.I.D kit(Single beam, not bi xenon) in my Jeep Cherokee. I bought the H4 headlight conversion kit in order to use the HID's due to the fact Jeeps come with sealed beam headlights from the factory. Now, the headlight clip on the trucks harness itself has 3 prongs in which only 2 can utilized with the HID kit. I tested with a volt meter and made sure to determing which was the low beam side and also found out which prong was ground. Im using these 2 prongs to power up the HID kit. The prong that gets voltage only when the high beams are on is not being used. Now the issue is that with the HID's installed I do not have any front parking lights although they do light up with the directionals and hazard's as they normally do. Do I need a relay ? Installed a good amount of these but can't quite understand whats going on here. Thanks in advance.

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

bigwheel15 is offline Ooh Yeah!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Re: Installed H.I.D kit, Now parking lights do not light?

And they worked fine with the sealed beams? Swap them back in real quick just to be sure.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yea tryed swapping back the sealed beams. Still no parking lights so im assuming it's something that has to do with the the truck relays. Hoping something did not back feed.

References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Rickna is offline Old is Gold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you use a relay when you installed the HID's? HID's draw alot of power during ignition. If not power could have surged back and blown a fuse or relay.

byrdman75 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just installed some of these on my car today, 10k, my parking light was a whole separate bulb with its own plugs, is yours all one piece? and if so you couldnt have blown a fuse b/c it would all be on the same one making none of the lights work

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Long Story short on this situation. Turned out the parking light wire in the main headlight harness came out of one of the clips. Corrosion caused the solder joint to fail. I guess when I was moving some wires around it bumped this wire out of the clip. Made a new harness and all works like a charm. Thanks to those who had input on this!

7. Thanks Litunerkid thanked for this post
    Litunerkid is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seen you driving in the Jeep on Friday night down by applebees in shirley.lights look sick.dont see many cherokees with a clean hid kit installed.what are they,4300k?

refs- Millertime1028, DJL, SlappnCentury,MECHMAN

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Eric^ And yea they are 4300k Mchulloch's

JhonSmith is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good installed hid kit. Thanks guys for the kit I'm vary happy with the lights.

Closed Thread