Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Antifreeze leak?

goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Re: Antifreeze leak?

first look at the drain plug on the radiator bottom corner, then look at the hoses two big ones on the radiator two small off the engine next look at the water pumps weep hole bottom side right behind the pulley next if it is the head it may not transfer into the oil with the engine cold remove the thermostat housing to allow coolant to flow freely now start the engine radiator cap off see if it bubbles while running as this indicates a leaking head gasket along w/white smoke(steam) from the exhaust possible to see coolant in the oil depends where on the block the gasket has failed just look at the easy stuff first and work your way back good luck there will be a lot of this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

over the past 10yrs or so i have replaced alot(25 or more) of heater control valves for leaking on ford explorers at the shaft on the valve,its the most common leak on these.look for a leak trail if its not leaking at the time you check it.may still be the leak you are looking for,just not leaking at the time.also look at the water pump because i have seen the pump fool people due to the A/F running down the front cover and back the oil pan then dripping off the corners in the rear

goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

if you look up I think I just said that

johndoe1234 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fasfocus00 View Post
    you obviously have never had a blown head gasket. you must have x-ray vision if you can see in each fin on a radiator. you will not have sludge in the radiator instead you get milky oil. first thing he should do is drive is car to see if smoke comes out like I said than do an oil change and see if the oil comes out milky.
    I blew a ****ing head gasket a month ago and i had NO smoke and the radiator was completely filled with the sludge ****. The head gasket seals the head from the block and when it blows, you get a mixture of oil and antifreeze. Its in both the oil pan and the RADIATOR. The oil was milky but i noticed the **** in the radiator first. You dont have to see through the fins to see the ****, thats what the radiator cap is for .
    Thanks for your opinion smart ***

badvlvo is offline under a rock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1lowZ56tahoe View Post
    the heater control valve leaking is a very common problem on these. ASE cert tech for 19yrs
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by audioatg View Post
    ASE's mean crap. Just means you past a test. congrats. No offense to you 1lowZ56tahoe
    Better to have the piece of paper than nothing. It looks good on an appication or resume. Otherwise they aren't worth much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
    i vote heater control valve
    Very common on that vehicle.

2000 GMC extended cab. Cheap Pioneer HU, cheaper speakers in the doors, stock speakers in the rear! Time for an install!

1980 Volvo 244. Nice Pioneer Premier HU, not much else to mention.

Bought from- MechMan, 528hz, exige, Papermaker, j3bus2k3, basebalz13, revrider1, FRITO, dacheatham, 350zspl

If we have done business please leave feedback!

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badvlvo View Post
    Yep.

Better to have the piece of paper than nothing. It looks good on an appication or resume. Otherwise they aren't worth much.

Are you sure. I have been told I will never get a job without them. Just went on two interviews and was offered both jobs. ASE's and Kiss my white ***. And todays world. Do you think ppl really care about if this or that shop has ASE techs no. I have told ppl countless times that they will be running on metal to metal breaks before the next oil change comes. And have been given the big fat no thanks I dont need that. They go to some half *** shop. They pad slap it and let the person go. Mam your tires are slicks. NA thats okay Im good. I like slipping and sliding in the rain. Just like there are no such thing as loyal costumers anymore. My boss think that his costumers go no other place then his. I laughed.

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badvlvo View Post
    Yep.

Yeah they might some what get you the job. But being you really dont know how to work on a car in real life. They dont help you then. lol. Seen that many of times. No offense to anyone that have them ASE I do as well. But know they are worth **** in the real world.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2