Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Reload Thread: 02 wrx turbo issue

  1. #1
    southpoleman69's Avatar
    southpoleman69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    lancaster,pa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    02 wrx turbo issue

    My friend just picked up a 02 wrx, all stock. had 117000 on it. sunday he had to get the cv boot fixed. his turbo doesnt spool, at all. so he went to subaru and they said it doesnt spool because he doesnt have the master key, only the valet key. then he went to his uncle who is a mechanic who said his turbos fine, that it spools. imo, the uncles an idiot, it doesnt spool at all. another friend of mine claims its not even the turbo, just the housing. anybody got any ideas on why his car is doin this other than its from jersey?



    Deck:Kenwood kdc-x693
    Front:JL Audio 6.5 vr
    Rear:Alpine Type S 6X9
    Subs:2 12 Inch Re Se/X,
    Autotek MM1 1500.1 D Amp

    refs:oldschool4me, Derrick824,Blue200sx




  2. #2
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    maybe you should take some pics and vids....then get back with us.



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  3. #3
    fasfocus00's Avatar
    fasfocus00 is offline doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    too many possibilities to say. if the dealership says it's the key than I'd go with that. I do know that some companies do have a valet key that shuts off certain things and engauges a very low speed limiter.



    Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

    "If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

  4. #4
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    pretty sure Subaru's valet key is grey though....check that.

    the other issue may be someone having fucked with the wastegate and or actuator.



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  5. #5
    Hii Im Justin's Avatar
    Hii Im Justin is offline Holla!!!



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    vancompton,Or
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    on my audi with the valet key, it wont let u go faster than 30mph and yes it can control the boost as its electric on wrx's




  6. #6
    k_schutte's Avatar
    k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    cedar rapids, IA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    N/m




    Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

  7. #7
    KyleBechtold's Avatar
    KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    7,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    what makes you say its not spooling? have you looked under the hood?



    Ca.com


    Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

    Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore


    Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

  8. #8
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleBechtold View Post
    what makes you say its not spooling? have you looked under the hood?
    Lawl....your sigquote is hilarious



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  9. #9
    KyleBechtold's Avatar
    KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    7,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    Quote Originally Posted by dman4486 View Post
    Lawl....your sigquote is hilarious
    ya its old news i only keep it since he has a shop..



    Ca.com


    Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

    Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore


    Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

  10. #10
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleBechtold View Post
    ya its old news i only keep it since he has a shop..
    dude runs a shop and comes up with **** like that!? what a tool



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  11. #11
    KyleBechtold's Avatar
    KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    7,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    Quote Originally Posted by dman4486 View Post
    dude runs a shop and comes up with **** like that!? what a tool
    thats what i am saying lol.. so i keep it for that reason alone



    Ca.com


    Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

    Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore


    Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

  12. #12
    southpoleman69's Avatar
    southpoleman69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    lancaster,pa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    ok to answer some of the ?'s.

    Ive been under the hood and had him get on it, no spooling, no blow off. Ive been in his car, doesnt even pull. ive been in stock wrxs before to be able to compare them

    Next, my friends 01 protege, with a intake beat this kid in a race, thatd shouldnt happen, at all.

    I told him the same thing, because he went to subaru, and the first thing they asked to was c his key, and siad ur turbo doesnt spool because you dont have the valet key. Im telling him go with that, i think subaru would know more about the car, than a mechanic, just my thoughts. He is insisting it cant be that, but it makes sense since his **** key doesnt open the trunk.



    Deck:Kenwood kdc-x693
    Front:JL Audio 6.5 vr
    Rear:Alpine Type S 6X9
    Subs:2 12 Inch Re Se/X,
    Autotek MM1 1500.1 D Amp

    refs:oldschool4me, Derrick824,Blue200sx

  13. #13
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    "makes sense because it doesn't open the trunk"

    the reason it does not open the trunk is because of the cut.

    does the key have a chip? if it does not, then most likely it is something else.

    how about those pics and vids?



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  14. #14
    johndoe1234's Avatar
    johndoe1234 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    Quote Originally Posted by southpoleman69 View Post
    ok to answer some of the ?'s.

    Ive been under the hood and had him get on it, no spooling, no blow off. Ive been in his car, doesnt even pull. ive been in stock wrxs before to be able to compare them

    Next, my friends 01 protege, with a intake beat this kid in a race, thatd shouldnt happen, at all.

    I told him the same thing, because he went to subaru, and the first thing they asked to was c his key, and siad ur turbo doesnt spool because you dont have the valet key. Im telling him go with that, i think subaru would know more about the car, than a mechanic, just my thoughts. He is insisting it cant be that, but it makes sense since his **** key doesnt open the trunk.
    Yeah it the key... If it doesnt open the trunk then its the valet key




  15. #15
    southpoleman69's Avatar
    southpoleman69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    lancaster,pa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 02 wrx turbo issue

    thats what i mean about it makes sense because it wont open the trunk. i was always under the impression valet key makes car run the way it should, and opens trunk and doors.

    the key hes using doesnt do that.

    Ill get pics and vids when he gets off work



    Deck:Kenwood kdc-x693
    Front:JL Audio 6.5 vr
    Rear:Alpine Type S 6X9
    Subs:2 12 Inch Re Se/X,
    Autotek MM1 1500.1 D Amp

    refs:oldschool4me, Derrick824,Blue200sx

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum