Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How long do you think this waterpump will last?

tigerf117 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How long do you think this waterpump will last?

About a week ago I heard a strange noise, almost like a ball bearing going bad. Opened the hood up and could tell it was coming from one of the pulleys. I couldn't figure out where or what, nothing was leaking and nothing else strange. Then yesterday saw a leak underneath my car. Sure enough, tasted a little sweet so I knew it was my waterpump. Looked at it and I could see at the seal on the motor where it was leaking. Now this car is getting replaced come August 9th. It's not leaking bad, but the noise just today started to get worse. I REALLY don't want to fix it as the car is being given away once I get this replacement. Do you think it'll last till the 9th? I know no one can say for sure, but from anyone elses experience, what do you think?

"Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.-"

"Think for yourself, question authority"

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How long do you think this waterpump will last?

how much do you drive

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1374 Post(s)

weap hole is weaping on it if you don't see any water around the bearing. Prob last a month or so.

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

What kindof vehicle is it????

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

shove it full of bars stop leak, pray for the best and let the next person deal with a plugged up coolant system

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I drive like 350-700 miles a week, it really varies. I may just throw some ****** stop leak in it for now. Thanks for the help

"Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.-"

Screnzo is offline What happened in here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerf117 View Post
    I drive like 350-700 miles a week, it really varies. I may just throw some ****** stop leak in it for now. Thanks for the help
    Ouch, that's potentially a fair bit of mileage. I dunno man, now that it's started going, it's going to just go downhill fast. I second the bars leak idea, might want to get a triple a membership just in case.

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Plus bearing type noise as well. Could lock up on you and no coolant flow= alot of more problems. And the long miles of driving on a leaking water pump= could of no coolant in it at all and most likely it has air pockets in the cooling system as we speak or read this= alot more problems for the eninge..... Just go get it replaced fixed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, this is all a moot point. The water pump went out this morning.... oh well. It is what it is. May have a car to borrow until I get the replacement, otherwise to the parts store I will go. I really appreciate the help guys, learned a bit too.

Closed Thread

User Tag List