Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Catylitic Convertors... My car has 4... I want them GONE. Can it be done?

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Catylitic Convertors... My car has 4... I want them GONE. Can it be done?

I really didnt know where to post this, but I figured there are alot of people that could help me here.

Anywho, I drive a 01 Infiniti Qx4. VQ35De engine, 2wd. It has 4 cats, and 4 02 sensors.

I built an exhaust 2-3 years ago, and it need to be redone as its rusting pretty bad. What I would like to do is completely remove everything after the factory headers. As Im sure the cats are a HUGE restriction. What I dont understand though, is how it will cause the car to run. As it goes:

Header -> 02 -> cat -> 02 -> cat (X2 as this is on each side)

From my understanding, the rear 02's dont do anything, but I would have still have to weld bungs for them. But I dont get if I simply put both 02 sensors after the header, would the car still run right? Would it adjust properly?

Im hoping there are some people here with some experience that could help me it. Ive never done a full exhaust like this, and I dont know if my fluxcore welder is upto the task lol, I dont want it cracking and failing in a short ammount of time. Is there a cheap place to find the cat flanges / 02 bungs?

Thanks for any help appreciate it

Skip01 is offline Diggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Catylitic Convertors... My car has 4... I want them GONE. Can it be done?

Might throw CELs and run rich

I wouldnt myself...would be a lot louder

YOUTUBE VIDZ:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont care about the noise, I was actually disappointed when I removed my 2 factory mufflers, and replaced them with a single magnaflow 40 series, 2.5" piping, and a side exit, and its still pretty **** quiet

I know the cats would probly free up some ponies, air flow and some growl
    Just curious how it would affect the cars running

Ellsworthz is offline 98' firebird, sleeper ftw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do it, might sound a little cam'd

BASS_WARRIOR is offline Formerly HATCHET_WARRIOR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you guys not have emissions tests up there?

REFS:

Bought from:koolwhipman, toolfan91, vitveet, photocrazy8, teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, dragnix, Cameron_B
    Sold to:daniel.lindsey, SPY, speedfreak28, blaze383, Erthshker, SPL-Master,Cloak559
    Traded to:tapout, tyroneshoes, sundownz, qtipextra, TeamPSI(x2), SPY(x2)

more coming soon

JBGabriel is offline Stoned to the Bone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you do go this route im sure you know it is very illegal. But here is a way around the CELs. They make o2 simulators that you can buy and plug the sensors into and they trick the engine into running properly.

REFS; steinkea, sabreman001, Astyl, hazardous0388, Thetalkingshoe, blazinb2000, peas247, BassAddictJ, psychoacoustics, siddle, 01 S 10, BiC, tr10av

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...09#post6699409

New build coming soon.

1999 F150 Reg Cab

H.U.- Deh-780mp
    Front Stage-Powerbass 3xl
    Front amp-?
    Sub stage-2 12" ab hd
    Enclosure- 4 @ 38 (1) 8" aero
    Sub amp-?
    Electrical- 2 runs of 2/0

Varinabassing is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I know when i got rid of the cats i had to do a flash and adjust the computer so it didnt run rich and depending on where you live can be a son of a ***** to get to pass inspection lol But it will sound awesome and yes you will feel some ponies wake up when you get in her lol Good luck i not much of a welder myself but my bud is

GiganticPrune is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

on subarus i know you can usually get rid of the CEL that is thrown by not having cats with these little $30 adapters premade.

all they are is spark plug anti foulers that can be found at any auto parts store, i bought some and drilled em out a little so the o2 sensor could fit.

it spaces the o2 sensor farther out from the exhaust stream so it doesnt read as hot since theres no cats now, then it wont throw a code.

i dunno about emissions for you. in IL, as long as you dont throw a code youre cool. no visual check.

2006 stage 2 wrx.
    eclipse cd5000
    mtx ta3404
    polk momo front components
    mtx audio rears
    sundown 3500d
    3 mach 5 audio ixl10.2.2s

refs: rowdyt, bigredhybrid, robinson,jerry, cslother, patfitz9

GAM3OVR is offline Jeka is Back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

most O2 sensors can be bypassed by having a 1.3k - 4.2k ohm resistor.

Or you can be relly cool, and replace al your piping. remove the piping and get an open-ecu tune for around $350.

You will add about 6% -12% Hp on a petrol engine.

Plus they can disable any sencors in the open ECU tune that you don't need. The computer will act like they don't even exist, so they will never come on, or screw you over in a emmision test.

REFS:
    Sold to: stevew007, Worstenemy453, HelloImBob, All_Rice, Durney, sixfootman2005, jaes90, d-REW, RidnClean, Pbateman
    Bought from: Lousiana_crx, 96impala, KHARPS, Pjvoc, WhiteIce, Dvcevoblack, Jrgreene1968, Zack39648, Dave_Damage, Freelander, Connersdad19, Slammed, Ali1, TeamSouthrnBass, RXZILLA, oldschool4me, Fusion_FREAK, Simpsonbuck, Acex3a, jaredspl, JEXTEL, jamesw, orangelss, Ridinhi, 01 S 10, jmkanek, luv2shrOOm, braggpawn, sub2weeker, tv559, Alanhall,
    Traded with: Duece212, cleansoundz, kcdc30, got_focus?, 90accordman, BASS_WARRIOR, crazyman03,

Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 2 cats after the last o2 sensor can be removed and the engine will be fine. If you remove the one inbetween the cats then you will have to fool the one behind them. The 2 o2 sensors work simultaniously basicaly the first one gives it a standard and the second one uses it to tell whether its lean or rich. Atleast from my understanding thats how it work

I do custom fiberglass work.

feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...63#post6456163
    Bought from: RyanM923, TC2k15x2, _AnGeL_, sundownz, oldschool4me, Toomnymods, ejschultz, JbIrD, TheLow, SPL KID

Done work for: RidnClean

mm0142 is offline CEO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

recycle them bad boys though you can get about $70 each here in tx im sure its a lil more in canada .

IMMA DO ME WHILE U CHASE OTHER PEOPLES REALITY

Refs : littlepucker , Second Skin Rep , Chase007, chenface, Masta Ace , SharkOnLand, Mike. ,
    MY FEEDBACK THREAD : http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ghlight=mm0142

frkkevin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you said you changed your mufflers.. but was there no resonator?! most cars with have a few cats.. then a resonator... then mufflers

October RD Audio D9 Giveaway!!!
    Alpine CDA-9887
    Alpine PXA-H701
    Alpine RXU-C701
    DLS Ultimate A3
    DLS Ultimate A4
    DLS Ultimate A6
    Illusion Audio ND8s
    DLS Ultimate Nobelium 6.2
    Resonant Engineering SE 12"s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

How does it sound? I have pipes on my 4.0 v6 and it sounds deep, but anything smaller than that would sound too raspy.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottyfkachris View Post
    The 2 cats after the last o2 sensor can be removed and the engine will be fine. If you remove the one inbetween the cats then you will have to fool the one behind them. The 2 o2 sensors work simultaniously basicaly the first one gives it a standard and the second one uses it to tell whether its lean or rich. Atleast from my understanding thats how it work
    Look up a dummy sensor, mine had 4 cats as well, and a resonator near the tail pipe. Thats what i had to do

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

gnatnoop is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it will NOT pass any kind of smog/ emissions test

Closed Thread