Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Power steering issues

bds0688 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Power steering issues

My mom has a 97 Plymouth Voyager with the 3L V6. Lately it has been feeling underpowered for the p/s at idle. Soon as you bring it above idle, even without the car in motion, it can be turned with one hand, using your thumb against the wheel. It drives fine, no groaning or grinding. I don't hear any whining with the hood up, all through the engine range.

Fluid is topped off, checked at different engine temps after different durations of driving. I just repaired a leak on the return line down near the exhaust. I checked that over a few times for leaks as a double check, with different temps and engine speeds. No leak.

Serpentine belt seems pretty tight, but I did see what I can best describe as a belt slapping? when I looked at it underneath. I couldn't check that a whole lot, with the angle.

Any ideas would be appreciated. She's looking to sell it so I'm trying to get it as road worthy as I can.

Refs: Victory, Pickler(2x). JessAlba452, revrider1, mihklo, Grinder1989(2X), hoxie08, mrwigglezdj, bamavoo, Louisiana-CRX, plyer3, civicman07, 03F150MrSBF, k_schutte eBay ID: bryan191

PaulThompson229 is offline Professional Mooch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Power steering issues

Crap/air in the lines?

I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

My feedback Thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post5684528

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

lucas power steering fix.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

bds0688 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulThompson229 View Post
    Crap/air in the lines?

What's the easiest way to flush the system then? I have the space and what have you, so I could give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 99oldsintrigue View Post
    lucas power steering fix.
    What's it supposed to do, specifically? What components could cause this if it's not gunk in the lines?

Refs: Victory, Pickler(2x). JessAlba452, revrider1, mihklo, Grinder1989(2X), hoxie08, mrwigglezdj, bamavoo, Louisiana-CRX, plyer3, civicman07, 03F150MrSBF, k_schutte eBay ID: bryan191

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bds0688 View Post
    What's the easiest way to flush the system then? I have the space and what have you, so I could give this a shot.
    On the fill bottle take the return line off plug the line off at the bottle make a line fitting and rubber hose put that into a water jug. Crank the wheel all the way to the left. Start the car up and shut it off while you listen to when you hear the fluid go out of the fill bottle and into the water jug. You are putting new fluid in the fill bottle as you do this. Keep doing this engine on off a few times till you see good fluid pooring into the water jug. Then you know that you have flushed the system

Also note that you might have air in the lines. If any way you could get a old cap for the fill bottle make a small hole in it for a fitting and connect a vacum pump to it. Pull a vacum to it. It works alot of the times Ford vehilces get towed into the shop. You wanna let it sit and come back check here and there and see if the fuild has dropped if it has air was in the system.

Closed Thread