User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: wow, I changed the oil in my RSX...

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, I changed the oil in my RSX...

I am **** about checking my mpg when I fill up, and I seriously ran my car over the 6k limit on the synthetic oils, and when I was doing so I would get 29-31mpg. I had the local place change my oil etc etc and over the past two tanks I've gotten 35mpg and just today when I filled up 34mpg. I dont drive much over the speed limit (65-72 usually) and its all interstate driving (49m each way to work and back)... is this typical? Can this also be attributed to the fact that winter is over? My father said that cars usually get slightly lesser mpg in the winter for who knows what reasons.

Either way, if I get 2-4mpg more per tank, thats basically like getting an extra 1-1.5 gallons of gas for free just by doing my regular oil change I like the sounds of that hehe.

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd/CentralMaineBassHeads
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    1991 CRX, 2 x SAZ3000d's, Batcap 4000, couple other batts, 2 x FI BL 10's - 152.7 dash/155.1 outlaw

Silverbane is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: wow, I changed the oil in my RSX...

What motor is in it.

I rag on my k20z3 pretty hard and I am lucky if I get 30 mpg on the highway. However, I do spend alot of time at 6000-8200 rpm.

Authorized Canadian RD Audio Rep/Distributor
    Authorized Canadian Sundown Audio Rep/Distributor

No system currently in the civic.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its the K20, base 2002 RSX.
    Honestly I really want to get into souping up the engine I guess, basic things as I have less than very basic engine knowledge.

I NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR play around the red line, I baby my car...

1991 CRX, 2 x SAZ3000d's, Batcap 4000, couple other batts, 2 x FI BL 10's - 152.7 dash/155.1 outlaw

brad148405 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say just by running at a constant highway speed of 60-65 mph... you save about 20% more fuel... also regular oil change reduce friction in the engine which reduces "drag" engine sludge making your internals work harder. either way.... still good

ravens9322 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get the hell out of here... 6k is nothin, i let me girl use my tib for a few months and when i got it back i noticed the oil change sticker was marked for 14k ago

THATS 17,000 MILES OVER ON A HYUNDAI!!!!!!

Woman cant do ***** right

Refs:
    Josh#44 / Trancer / Starky / DYEV3RSI7Y69 / FoxPro5 / -Chaos- / LanceDogg / AndonD454 / aeronautica86 / dcmcki / skibum12189 / bball09124 / CesF2006 / dumple / TheLow / IloveBASS / darqnez / CKYSKATER733 / grimreper912003 / rollerdj / 18inchjeepin / dah_hunter / snfsh79077 / Nova76 / Kdot / valant_94gt / Basic1906 / Snoopysnooper / ARMed&Bangin / SPY / Boltpride / tc3k101 / CRXBMPN

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i hear that, I was 13k on the oil change. maybe that had something to do with it

sixfootman2005 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always get better mileage when i change the oil/make sure the level is right

86 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab
    In the works.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    oooohh hsooo ****...coil is a lil ehhh dark? lol. id punch my grandma in the face for this sub and i love my grandma....
    Refs:
    Bought From: Regal8r.Enzowho,Grizzly,Nightdrifter05,revrider1,F lipx99,bubbagumper6,ProjectPechkin,lslugz,squeak12
    Sold to: Hasa68mustang
    Traded With:Ballstothewall,HyPnAwTiKpImPx2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ravens9322 View Post

Woman cant do ***** right
    do you tell her she cant do anything right when you are asking for a bj or a lil action? haha...

ravens9322 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want my ish back in one piece, im not dumb lol

Refs:
    Josh#44 / Trancer / Starky / DYEV3RSI7Y69 / FoxPro5 / -Chaos- / LanceDogg / AndonD454 / aeronautica86 / dcmcki / skibum12189 / bball09124 / CesF2006 / dumple / TheLow / IloveBASS / darqnez / CKYSKATER733 / grimreper912003 / rollerdj / 18inchjeepin / dah_hunter / snfsh79077 / Nova76 / Kdot / valant_94gt / Basic1906 / Snoopysnooper / ARMed&Bangin / SPY / Boltpride / tc3k101 / CRXBMPN

Psycareyo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    I am **** about checking my mpg when I fill up, and I seriously ran my car over the 6k limit on the synthetic oils, and when I was doing so I would get 29-31mpg. I had the local place change my oil etc etc and over the past two tanks I've gotten 35mpg and just today when I filled up 34mpg. I dont drive much over the speed limit (65-72 usually) and its all interstate driving (49m each way to work and back)... is this typical? Can this also be attributed to the fact that winter is over? My father said that cars usually get slightly lesser mpg in the winter for who knows what reasons.

Either way, if I get 2-4mpg more per tank, thats basically like getting an extra 1-1.5 gallons of gas for free just by doing my regular oil change I like the sounds of that hehe.

Winter months generally have more moisture. You want a cold dense charge of air and fuel to make optimum power. Moisture takes up space in the charge that air could have. You burn the same amount of gasoline per cycle. You make less power.

People pre-start their vehicles for cabin hear in the winter, that's 0 mpg idle. That shaves off some major fuel economy. If It's running for 5-10min every day and not moving, you're throwing away a lot of mpg.

Less time to warm up the vehicle's engine. They run at optimum temp sooner (warm). Metal parts expand to optimum tolerance thus reducing friction.

Less wheel spin in summer than winter. During the winter the rubber that makes up your tires is hard and causes the vehicle to work harder. There is more tire shake, possibly out of round if frozen, moisture buildup inside the tire.

Less friction after oil change. As you change your oil over to synthetic the metal will actually absorb some of the oil. This doesn't happen over night but that's one of the advantages to synthetic. It penetrates better. Thus lubrication is superior to conventional oil. Thus lowering friction.

Hope that helps.

Current Audio System

Front Stage:
    Alpine CDA 9883 HU
    JL Audio XR570CSI Comps/ Stock Rear Fill.
    JBL CS60.4 Amp
    Sub stage:
    (2) JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3
    JL Audio 500/1 Sub Amp

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I change my oil every 3 thousand miles, well most of the time. I never go over more than a thousand though. I did however switch over to using synthetic Mobil 1 oil and noticed I am getting better gas mileage. Not sure how much more as of yet as I am on my 1st gas tank still.

Might have to stick with the synthetic as I get my oil changes for free.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having a big box sitting in your trunk, would not help your mpg.....

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who me?

I don't have a big box..............at all. 1.5cft sealed, housing 1 12, lol!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i may have taken ~100lbs out of the trunk but that wouldnt equate to that much of a difference. maybe 150 lol...

edzy is offline SPL Ninja

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget, A clean air filter can increase 2&#37; mpg. Also, I try to draft big rigs when on the hyway, but at a safe 50' distance or so.
    Last edited by edzy; 05-18-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Nothing to see here, Move along.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast