Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Performance

Alright guy's i posted this is the right section . but seeing it's not car audio idk if there is someone on here that can help but i figured worth a shot. i wanted to find headers for my car i got a 89 lincoln MARK VII but it's got the same engine as the mustang 5.0ho 302 ford sb , it has stocks heads so i was wondering what headers would fit? anyone know would really help me out here.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32
    TreZ0r Is a lieing piece of sh*t scum bag SCAMMER!!!!

REBUILDING IT ALL
    REFS:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353034

Meka is offline Prestons a *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: Performance

Have you tried searching summit, jegs etc...? My buddys dad has a white one thats supercharged with nitrous. It ran a low 12 off the bottle.

btlking is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

go to summit there around 130 or so i think look up 89 mustang gt 5.o you will probably want long throw headers

Lunchbocks is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by btlking View Post
    go to summit there around 130 or so i think look up 89 mustang gt 5.o you will probably want long throw headers

As opposed to a short throw header?

'06 Chrysler 300 - work in progress
    Orion H2
    eD NINe.1
    KnuKonceptz Kolossus

Ferendon is offline Proabbly drukn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think he means long TUBE, and if it's the same as the 5.0 HO then it's an 87...

jonnybusa is offline 200mph club...turbo busa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK..........You should definately go w/ shorty headers for that car because of clearance issues on long tubes. There is, if I remember correctly an area on the drivers side, where you will have to hammer the long tube for clearance. I forget exactly where, but I've done it before. The shorty's for that car will work great, be a snap to install, and look good. I wouldnt do long tubes unless you are gonna do more go fast parts in the future. Long tubes alone will cost alot more, and you will only maybe 3 hp over shorties. They will be a great choice and worth the hassle if adding more performance parts, because along w/ a full exhaust, some intake items, etc, they will greatly increase output. Trust me, I've done literally everything you can do to the 5.0 motor, and know what works and doesnt. MAC makes a great set of shorties that have a nice thick flange, and sound really agressive, and are one of the cheapest. i would recommend a full 2.5" MAC exhaust from headers(shorties) back, and it will add great power, be good on the wallet, and it'll really scream!!!

silver02alty, AgEnT, chaarlieee, shynegrynd07,QtrHorse, Dumple, Mike Dressure, southstylestang, j3bus2k3, dkmesa, RipDaJacka, audiobahnuser18, BAD_MAYHEM, Famous_78,nismos14, shallowfu, CRAZYCORNUTS18, jmanpc, Supergumby5000, Apoc, pioneer pimp, JLa Obsessed, urlost, Hustler904, cha0, fattony911,
    David706, EnvEe 02, 93 saturn sl2, jblanford, pickup1, tez4life, blackbonnie, oxsign, sxkicker89, revots, robertspangler

Kenwood flip out 7" t.s HU . Sirius + sony XE744 dancing EQ, mb quart "Q" series 6.5"comps,
    kicker kx350.4 amp, optima yellowtop
    autotek mm3000.1, 0 ga wire
    1 RE Audio XXX 15 in 4.5 cu ported box I BUILT
    big 3 (1/0 wire)...deadener
    148 db on new tl

vvblazers777 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnybusa View Post
    OK..........You should definately go w/ shorty headers for that car because of clearance issues on long tubes. There is, if I remember correctly an area on the drivers side, where you will have to hammer the long tube for clearance. I forget exactly where, but I've done it before. The shorty's for that car will work great, be a snap to install, and look good. I wouldnt do long tubes unless you are gonna do more go fast parts in the future. Long tubes alone will cost alot more, and you will only maybe 3 hp over shorties. They will be a great choice and worth the hassle if adding more performance parts, because along w/ a full exhaust, some intake items, etc, they will greatly increase output. Trust me, I've done literally everything you can do to the 5.0 motor, and know what works and doesnt. MAC makes a great set of shorties that have a nice thick flange, and sound really agressive, and are one of the cheapest. i would recommend a full 2.5" MAC exhaust from headers(shorties) back, and it will add great power, be good on the wallet, and it'll really scream!!!

I just finished installing pacesetter long tubes on a 89 5.0. I've done a few fox bodys, and never had a problem with long tubes or a midlength we did. But for just 3 hp, I've seen as much as 8-9 hp advantage over shortys. I'd go long tubes, but might cost you a little more, but your going to get more torque / gains out of them.

Eugenics is offline Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i've seen people heat their headers, mount them in a tree (where the truck goes to a Y shape) then use a long pole and bend them slightly so that they clear. you'd almost certainly have to get a custom job for the exhaust piping though. Which isn't a bad thing at all. you also might want to adjust your timing/tune once your car is breathing better.

crunktimes . com/ct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    i've seen people heat their headers, mount them in a tree (where the truck goes to a Y shape) then use a long pole and bend them slightly so that they clear. you'd almost certainly have to get a custom job for the exhaust piping though. Which isn't a bad thing at all. you also might want to adjust your timing/tune once your car is breathing better.

This the exact same thing we did with the long tubes. We had to bend them just a tad, but it wasn't nothing at all to account for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vvblazers777 View Post
    I just finished installing pacesetter long tubes on a 89 5.0. I've done a few fox bodys, and never had a problem with long tubes or a midlength we did. But for just 3 hp, I've seen as much as 8-9 hp advantage over shortys. I'd go long tubes, but might cost you a little more, but your going to get more torque / gains out of them.

Sorry, but thats just incorrect. There's no way an 8-9 HP increase can be had over shorties on a stock motor. Its just not moving enuff air to even make the long tubes worth it, w/ stock engine. If adding intake and exhaust parts, then a big 8-10hp gain can be had by using long tubes over shorties, but not one to the other. The HP/TQ gains fron going long tubes over shorties will not even be noticable until you add the other go fast parts to support the free flowing exhaust.
    Also, I didnt mean there would be a problem putting long tubes on a fox body like a stang, but in the lincoln, which we';re talking about, there are some slight differences that come up.
    Its just not worth the extra time/hassle and money installing long tubes, unless, like I said, you add parts to support them.
    If you add a mild cam, like the Ford motorsport E303, a ford lower and cobra upper intakes, and a larger throttle body ALONG w/ the long tubes, then the gains of the long tubes can be felt over shorties.
    In my one stang, the slower, 840rwhp one, a set of long tubes added 22hp/36 lb.ft over shorties, but I had the parts to help the long tubes max out the combination.

silver02alty, AgEnT, chaarlieee, shynegrynd07,QtrHorse, Dumple, Mike Dressure, southstylestang, j3bus2k3, dkmesa, RipDaJacka, audiobahnuser18, BAD_MAYHEM, Famous_78,nismos14, shallowfu, CRAZYCORNUTS18, jmanpc, Supergumby5000, Apoc, pioneer pimp, JLa Obsessed, urlost, Hustler904, cha0, fattony911,
    David706, EnvEe 02, 93 saturn sl2, jblanford, pickup1, tez4life, blackbonnie, oxsign, sxkicker89, revots, robertspangler

Kenwood flip out 7" t.s HU . Sirius + sony XE744 dancing EQ, mb quart "Q" series 6.5"comps,
    148 db on new tl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vvblazers777 View Post
    This the exact same thing we did with the long tubes. We had to bend them just a tad, but it wasn't nothing at all to account for.

........but you have to remember we're talking about his mark, and not a stang. There are long tubes for stangs that bolt right in w/o a single mod, also, but its a lit tighter in the mark.
    I actually had HOOKER make me a set that were completely apart. I would just install the tubes 1 by 1 in the car, to go around such things as the starter, the steering column, etc.
    And Eugenics, thats absolutely the best way to bend the exhaust to fut, but if I remember right, the mod is so small, that a couple hard taps w/ a hammer is all's needed for clearance on the mark.

148 db on new tl

Eugenics is offline Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

........but you have to remember we're talking about his mark, and not a stang. There are long tubes for stangs that bolt right in w/o a single mod, also, but its a lit tighter in the mark.
    I actually had HOOKER make me a set that were completely apart. I would just install the tubes 1 by 1 in the car, to go around such things as the starter, the steering column, etc.
    And Eugenics, thats absolutely the best way to bend the exhaust to fut, but if I remember right, the mod is so small, that a couple hard taps w/ a hammer is all's needed for clearance on the mark.
    I'll take your word for it, either way i dont plan on doing it haha.

crunktimes . com/ct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you have headers stock...Im pretty sure you cant get long tubes...I used to have a mark 7..it was the ****...real good for bass

2 infinity 1252s....big ported box....wish I was bumpin more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hooker makes good headers, just a little expensive for the pocket. Pacesetter is a good brand at a good price. Thorleys, Dougs, and Dynamax are also nice, but their all expensive. Anyway this dyno was with a 5.0 with cams, heads, and much more not stock. But imho long tubes are noticable over shorties. But I guess it's up how much you been around racing and the driver. I could notice a difference with a change in brand of oil and airfilter.

audiobahnuser18 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah man very true . well im pretty much looking around still haven't had time to work on my car alot either seeing they bumped me to 2nd shift. which is 3pm to 3:30am or 1:30am i work on a assembly line. so lot of overtime cash thats good. but what ***** i can go to my 2nd semester of college now i asked my work and college neither one can switch my schedule i ****n hate it.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32
    TreZ0r Is a lieing piece of sh*t scum bag SCAMMER!!!!

REBUILDING IT ALL
    REFS:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353034

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List