Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

I got in my car today and turned on the AC (It was like 80f here) and I noticed that it was blowing cold, but going through the wrong vents. I would turn the dial to blow like in my face and it would go through the upper dash vents and the floor. No matter what I turn it to, it does the same ****. I also noticed that no matter how high I turn it up, the air is almost as if it's holding back. Sounds like it's blowing hard but only comes out of the vents as if it's on the lowest setting. I am thinking that something is wrong with the actuator behind the HVAC controls, but I am stupid to mechanical stuff. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

nobody?

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Black_Jesus is offline The Unexpected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

take it to a shop.

because your not a DIYer you said it yourself. you would spend more money and more time trying to do it yourself and messing up than to pay a shop to do it right quickly the 1st time.

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mayby one of ur ducts came loose?

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

theCybe is offline sector three

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol.

pull the knob off,
    put it back on in the right position.

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

your having a problem with the doors or actuators in the heater box under the dash, the dash has to come out of the car to get to it.

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Silver is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theCybe View Post
    lol.

pull the knob off,
    put it back on in the right position.
    =)

Sounds like the actuator, and the resistor is bad.

The actuator controls the position to where the air blows, the resistor controls the level of speed the blower motor runs at.

Most of the time the resistor is located inside the blower motor usually 2 screws hold it in. The blower motor is located up above the hush panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.

The actuator = unknown I've never replaced one in a vehicle yet.

If you'd like.. I can give you the exact location of the Actuator. I work for a GM dealer and I have access to Service Information on my computer. Also labor times for every vehicle GM has made until 98.

Let me know.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14041_2.gif
    07 Jeep GC - Viper reps / afe stage 2 / chipped / h&r lowering springs

Stock stereo

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know how to replace the actuator, as I have the GM Service Info disc. I don't know how to get to it though. Please let me know how to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    =)

Sounds like the actuator, and the resistor is bad.

The actuator controls the position to where the air blows, the resistor controls the level of speed the blower motor runs at.

Most of the time the resistor is located inside the blower motor usually 2 screws hold it in. The blower motor is located up above the hush panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.

The actuator = unknown I've never replaced one in a vehicle yet.

If you'd like.. I can give you the exact location of the Actuator. I work for a GM dealer and I have access to Service Information on my computer. Also labor times for every vehicle GM has made until 98.

Let me know.

davizzel is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmmm what kind of car is this, i own a buick park avenue and on these cars the air flow will only go through the face vents when the cabin temperature has reached a steady level i dunno why in the hell GM would do that but it happens lol

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the car is pictured in his sig

the big ugly yellow thing

davizzel is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol ok well hmmm i doubt newer cars are made that way might be something wrong electroniclly take it to a auto parts store like autozone ask somebody and they should help you out and youll save urself money from taking it to a shop for them checking it out

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davizzel View Post
    take it to a auto parts store like autozone
    those dipshits dont know their *** from a hole in the ground.

It could also be a broken door itself inside the box. Also there is more than 1 actuator, usaully 3. Dude you are just going to need more diagnosis. If you take it to a GM dealer they could diagnos it, tell you what the problem is and you could try to fix it yourself. They can hook a computer to it and monitor if each motor is turning or not. Or you could pull the dash out and heater box out and look for yourself. It still may be an AC control head problem. Are your controls electronic? Honestly you would be better off taking it to a dealership.

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Silver is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin
    I know how to replace the actuator, as I have the GM Service Info disc. I don't know how to get to it though. Please let me know how to get to it.
    what year monte?

Quote Originally Posted by davizzel View Post
    hmmm what kind of car is this, i own a buick park avenue and on these cars the air flow will only go through the face vents when the cabin temperature has reached a steady level i dunno why in the hell GM would do that but it happens lol
    to keep the temp at that level inside that vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg
    It could also be a broken door itself inside the box. Also there is more than 1 actuator, usaully 3. Dude you are just going to need more diagnosis. If you take it to a GM dealer they could diagnos it, tell you what the problem is and you could try to fix it yourself. They can hook a computer to it and monitor if each motor is turning or not. Or you could pull the dash out and heater box out and look for yourself. It still may be an AC control head problem. Are your controls electronic? Honestly you would be better off taking it to a dealership.
    thats true, but most of the time is something minor. air is still blowing through the vents. so it could be a ac control head problem, but still to me sounds like a actuator malfunction.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14041_2.gif
    07 Jeep GC - Viper reps / afe stage 2 / chipped / h&r lowering springs

Stock stereo

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

02 Chevy Monte Carlo............I am really starting to get pissed as it gets hotter.

phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
    I got in my car today and turned on the AC (It was like 80f here) and I noticed that it was blowing cold, but going through the wrong vents. I would turn the dial to blow like in my face and it would go through the upper dash vents and the floor. No matter what I turn it to, it does the same ****. I also noticed that no matter how high I turn it up, the air is almost as if it's holding back. Sounds like it's blowing hard but only comes out of the vents as if it's on the lowest setting. I am thinking that something is wrong with the actuator behind the HVAC controls, but I am stupid to mechanical stuff. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx.
    its a chevy right?

Check for a plastic bag or something else in the blower assembly. Every chevy ive dealt with with a problem like that had something ****** up in the blower.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast