Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Reload Thread: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

  1. #1
    Qbenjamin's Avatar
    Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    I got in my car today and turned on the AC (It was like 80f here) and I noticed that it was blowing cold, but going through the wrong vents. I would turn the dial to blow like in my face and it would go through the upper dash vents and the floor. No matter what I turn it to, it does the same ****. I also noticed that no matter how high I turn it up, the air is almost as if it's holding back. Sounds like it's blowing hard but only comes out of the vents as if it's on the lowest setting. I am thinking that something is wrong with the actuator behind the HVAC controls, but I am stupid to mechanical stuff. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx.




    Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

    Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

    What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...




  2. #2
    Qbenjamin's Avatar
    Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    nobody?




    Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

    Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

    What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

  3. #3
    Black_Jesus's Avatar
    Black_Jesus is offline The Unexpected



    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    lamest place humanly possible
    Posts
    1,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    take it to a shop.

    because your not a DIYer you said it yourself. you would spend more money and more time trying to do it yourself and messing up than to pay a shop to do it right quickly the 1st time.




  4. #4
    Twistid's Avatar
    Twistid is offline 150.5



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    in a space out of sound
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    mayby one of ur ducts came loose?



    "A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

    REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

  5. #5
    theCybe's Avatar
    theCybe is offline sector three



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    lol.

    pull the knob off,
    put it back on in the right position.




  6. #6
    jdawg's Avatar
    jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maryland, United States
    Posts
    8,582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    your having a problem with the doors or actuators in the heater box under the dash, the dash has to come out of the car to get to it.



    refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

  7. #7
    Silver's Avatar
    Silver is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brighton, MI
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    Quote Originally Posted by theCybe View Post
    lol.

    pull the knob off,
    put it back on in the right position.
    =)

    Sounds like the actuator, and the resistor is bad.

    The actuator controls the position to where the air blows, the resistor controls the level of speed the blower motor runs at.

    Most of the time the resistor is located inside the blower motor usually 2 screws hold it in. The blower motor is located up above the hush panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.


    The actuator = unknown I've never replaced one in a vehicle yet.

    If you'd like.. I can give you the exact location of the Actuator. I work for a GM dealer and I have access to Service Information on my computer. Also labor times for every vehicle GM has made until 98.

    Let me know.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14041_2.gif
    07 Jeep GC - Viper reps / afe stage 2 / chipped / h&r lowering springs

    Stock stereo

  8. #8
    Qbenjamin's Avatar
    Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    I know how to replace the actuator, as I have the GM Service Info disc. I don't know how to get to it though. Please let me know how to get to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    =)

    Sounds like the actuator, and the resistor is bad.

    The actuator controls the position to where the air blows, the resistor controls the level of speed the blower motor runs at.

    Most of the time the resistor is located inside the blower motor usually 2 screws hold it in. The blower motor is located up above the hush panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.


    The actuator = unknown I've never replaced one in a vehicle yet.

    If you'd like.. I can give you the exact location of the Actuator. I work for a GM dealer and I have access to Service Information on my computer. Also labor times for every vehicle GM has made until 98.

    Let me know.




    Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

    Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

    What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

  9. #9
    davizzel's Avatar
    davizzel is offline Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    crook county
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    hmmm what kind of car is this, i own a buick park avenue and on these cars the air flow will only go through the face vents when the cabin temperature has reached a steady level i dunno why in the hell GM would do that but it happens lol




  10. #10
    azbass's Avatar
    azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    34,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    the car is pictured in his sig

    the big ugly yellow thing




  11. #11
    davizzel's Avatar
    davizzel is offline Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    crook county
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    lol ok well hmmm i doubt newer cars are made that way might be something wrong electroniclly take it to a auto parts store like autozone ask somebody and they should help you out and youll save urself money from taking it to a shop for them checking it out




  12. #12
    jdawg's Avatar
    jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maryland, United States
    Posts
    8,582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    Quote Originally Posted by davizzel View Post
    take it to a auto parts store like autozone
    those dipshits dont know their *** from a hole in the ground.

    It could also be a broken door itself inside the box. Also there is more than 1 actuator, usaully 3. Dude you are just going to need more diagnosis. If you take it to a GM dealer they could diagnos it, tell you what the problem is and you could try to fix it yourself. They can hook a computer to it and monitor if each motor is turning or not. Or you could pull the dash out and heater box out and look for yourself. It still may be an AC control head problem. Are your controls electronic? Honestly you would be better off taking it to a dealership.



    refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

  13. #13
    Silver's Avatar
    Silver is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brighton, MI
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin
    I know how to replace the actuator, as I have the GM Service Info disc. I don't know how to get to it though. Please let me know how to get to it.
    what year monte?

    Quote Originally Posted by davizzel View Post
    hmmm what kind of car is this, i own a buick park avenue and on these cars the air flow will only go through the face vents when the cabin temperature has reached a steady level i dunno why in the hell GM would do that but it happens lol
    to keep the temp at that level inside that vehicle.


    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg
    It could also be a broken door itself inside the box. Also there is more than 1 actuator, usaully 3. Dude you are just going to need more diagnosis. If you take it to a GM dealer they could diagnos it, tell you what the problem is and you could try to fix it yourself. They can hook a computer to it and monitor if each motor is turning or not. Or you could pull the dash out and heater box out and look for yourself. It still may be an AC control head problem. Are your controls electronic? Honestly you would be better off taking it to a dealership.
    thats true, but most of the time is something minor. air is still blowing through the vents. so it could be a ac control head problem, but still to me sounds like a actuator malfunction.



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14041_2.gif
    07 Jeep GC - Viper reps / afe stage 2 / chipped / h&r lowering springs

    Stock stereo

  14. #14
    Qbenjamin's Avatar
    Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    02 Chevy Monte Carlo............I am really starting to get pissed as it gets hotter.




    Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

    Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

    What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

  15. #15
    phantom240's Avatar
    phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
    I got in my car today and turned on the AC (It was like 80f here) and I noticed that it was blowing cold, but going through the wrong vents. I would turn the dial to blow like in my face and it would go through the upper dash vents and the floor. No matter what I turn it to, it does the same ****. I also noticed that no matter how high I turn it up, the air is almost as if it's holding back. Sounds like it's blowing hard but only comes out of the vents as if it's on the lowest setting. I am thinking that something is wrong with the actuator behind the HVAC controls, but I am stupid to mechanical stuff. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx.
    its a chevy right?

    Check for a plastic bag or something else in the blower assembly. Every chevy ive dealt with with a problem like that had something ****** up in the blower.



    Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum