Today I got up to find the electric cooling fan (one between the grill and radiator) was running on my 89 Mitsubishi montero. How do I fix it? I had to unbolt the battery to get it to stop. This happened last year but after sitting in my driveway for a few days with the battery unplugged it fixed itself.
The only thing I can think of is that I drove down this dirt road about 4 days ago with some pretty deep "puddles". Last year I drove down this road countless times when it was flooded with no problem but when I had this problem last year it happened the day after one of the times I drove down this road.
Could I have messed up some switch last year and now it's really sensitive to water?
Please reply, I need to fix this today, I need to be able to drive tomorrow.