Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help with my volvo

so for several weeks now, I am having some problems with Idling in drive and reverse and sputtering throughout an entire WOT and half throttle....

one week ago, misfire code comes on...dealer replaces 1 coil pack under warranty. says that was the root of the problem as the voltage was very low on it. WOT and half-throttle sputtering/hesitation still occurs after

2 days ago, sputtering during idle in drive and reverse come back, WOT and half-throttle problems still exist

today, i replaced the OEM plugs with NGK gapped at .030. it seems the sputtering at idle in Drive and Reverse has stopped. I will know for sure when I do a cold start tomorrow morning and see what it does...however, I still have the WOT and half-throttle acceleration problems. when i gun it, its not smooth at all. sputters/hesitates during the entire WOT, like its not getting enough fuel. whats going on? injectors, fuel filter?

could it be the plug wires? one of the plug sockets was discolored a little bit but nothing severe....

any help would be nice!

2002 Volvo S40..not your typical volvo
    -Clarion, Infinity, Zapco, TREO audio

1st Place Euro Conservative Nopi Nationals-St.louis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: help with my volvo

what you probably have are improperly grounded internal coil members causing an inconsistent spark, either that or the magnetic pickup for your crank sensor (the triggering device) has developed a incandescant pole preference to either the positive or negative, which is going to cause a flat curve instead of a fluctuating wave, whose peaks and valleys can be read and wavelength can be calculated, which is what determines rpm reading for the computer in order for it to determine proper spark timing and strength.

BrianT is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: help with my volvo

how do i find out for sure? how to fix it, and how much?

2002 Volvo S40..not your typical volvo
    -Clarion, Infinity, Zapco, TREO audio

1st Place Euro Conservative Nopi Nationals-St.louis

Closed Thread

User Tag List