Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Opinion - What to do

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Opinion - What to do

Okay so about 3 months ago I got an 04 GT, love it, want to keep it forever but I cant. Car is paid for, keep this in mind.

I can get around 13k on a trade in supposively and KBB has it around 17 for individual sale.

Problem - New oil, still huffing black smoke, and transmission is acting up, my dad is worried about it because I'm leaving for college and wants me to get something with better gas mileage considering I'll be driving around two hours to school.

So my dilemma

What should I do?

I'm looking for 2002+ cars that are Turbod 4 cylinders or have a V6 with decent economy. I hate gettin rid of my Stang, and I really do love car, but ****'s gotta go I guess.

Beginning thoughts

Lancer Evo VII

What else? I'm looking more towards stock turbo cars because I dont want to have to do the turbo work myself.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

kotec123 is offline Flame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Opinion - What to do

very reliable AND fuel efficient.....Audi A6 2.7T .....Twin Turbo V6

Pros: Fast as hell. 4 wheel drive. Luxerious. (sp?) Lots of trunk space.

Cons: none i have found so far

TCAB and 2 SI Mag 15"
    2 Kicker kx2500.1
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1
    1/0 all around
    big 3 done in 1/0,Yellow Top d31t.

Refs: spkrman x2,folgrz,bumpngt,belunt,lastcall, gl0ck mikeyboc, rippinitup7, SBLAZER, SWEET06CAMRY, blaze383, tweet02, wackdogg, dB Dom

ebay : kotec123 ....100% feedback.

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you love your car, just get it fixed.

Kickerkitty is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hell its a mustang, drop a new engine in and part the old one out on ebay...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL That Audi would be great, I've only got around 17k to spend though bro, not 25 or maybe more

I do love my car, but I dont want tobe sitting on the side of the road going "god ****it why didnt I just get a WRX" ya know?

Part out this 4.6? Why not just build it, if I"m going to do that

Seriously, thanks for the responses but I'm looking for a good little 4 cylinder or medium V6 car, not my mustang. If I was disregarding gas mileage I would keep it, it's been good to me SO FAR and the looks I get in it suprises me.

Lancer Evo - anything else in the 17k range?

I was thinking about a black mazda 6 with the 6 cylinder, doing a turbo on it and dropping it with black rims

I know I said I didnt want to add anything on myself, and I dont, but it is a thought.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er

kotec123 is offline Flame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

umm u can get that audi A6 a few years old 01 or 02 for 15 grand wt low miles.....look aroun my buddy just got one for 14500 it was a 01....6 speed manual....65000 miles.....tinted windows.....brand new looking interior....and car in general basically mint......

and 15 grand for all that car....trust me its a good investment

TCAB and 2 SI Mag 15"
    2 Kicker kx2500.1
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1
    1/0 all around
    big 3 done in 1/0,Yellow Top d31t.

Refs: spkrman x2,folgrz,bumpngt,belunt,lastcall, gl0ck mikeyboc, rippinitup7, SBLAZER, SWEET06CAMRY, blaze383, tweet02, wackdogg, dB Dom

ebay : kotec123 ....100% feedback.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking around

Still leaning towards having a small payment and getting an Evo though

Anyone ever heard of a Mazda Speed6? It's kinda made me think twice on it as well

bumpinne0n is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you found the Evo for $17K? I don't think you'll be able to find one for that $$$. You could probably find a WRX for that but I doubt you'll find a used Evo for that.

Have you looked at a Dodge SRT-4? You might want to check those out if you can get over the fact that they're a Neon. You could easily pick up an '03 or '04 for $17K.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw an 05 with 13k on it for 18k local, I'm just really not a fan of the neons. No disrespect and I know they're quick, but for some reason it's in my head that they're just cheap cheap cheap cars.

I've found an 03 Evo for 18k, cheapest I've seen. I'm gonna keep looking around

WRX's go for tons more than 17k dont they?

bumpinne0n is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrubbs
    I saw an 05 with 13k on it for 18k local, I'm just really not a fan of the neons. No disrespect and I know they're quick, but for some reason it's in my head that they're just cheap cheap cheap cars.

I've found an 03 Evo for 18k, cheapest I've seen. I'm gonna keep looking around

WRX's go for tons more than 17k dont they?
    I'm sure a lot of people would agree about the SRT-4s being cheap. That's really what they were made to be though, a performance car for under $22K new. I've just got a regular Neon but I'd love to have an SRT-4.

You should be able to find an 02 or 03 WRX (non-STi) for 17K or less. I would take an Evo anyday over a WRX though, especially performance-wise.

boomzabit is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Getting rid of the mustang is moving forward

look at a monte carlo SS. Decent looking not to bad on gas and the SS's arent a slouch

The mazda's are also nice

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
    Going to a strip club is like goign to an all you can eat buffet, but not having enough money to eat.

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Must be nice to have $17k to spend on a car. My average is $500 for a car. I may actually spend $1000 on a car some day but I doubt it.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been looking, there are some WRX's online but I am still to find one local for anywhere near 17-18k

I'll keep looking

I wanna get the Mazdaspeed6 but there just arent any, at all lol

heyman421 is offline Veteran Camel Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kotec123
    very reliable AND fuel efficient.....Audi A6 2.7T .....Twin Turbo V6

Pros: Fast as hell. 4 wheel drive. Luxerious. (sp?) Lots of trunk space.

Cons: none i have found so far
    holy crap, brian at ecs tuning has a 600hp s4 with the 2.7t, and thing thing doesn't even break a sweat

it's disgustingly fast, and looks so **** good, stock appearance, just slammed + tucking 19's

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrubbs
    I've been looking, there are some WRX's online but I am still to find one local for anywhere near 17-18k

I'll keep looking

I wanna get the Mazdaspeed6 but there just arent any, at all lol

Actually talk to bumpingblazer. He is supposed to be getting a Mazadaspeed6 this month and he seems to know a lot about them. Hell I would get one, but they can be a little pricey. I know he is getting a mad deal on one though. Its all about who you know I guess, lol!

Ah just seen you only want to spend 17g's. Scratch out the Speed6.

I would recommend my car, which is a Ford Focus ST when turbo''d can do low 14's. There is a guy on the FJ ford forum that has a video of one and is pretty impressive. Also they are pretty good on gas. I paid 18500 for mine, but had 1500 in negetive equaity. Just a thought. Good luck!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast