Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Engine Help!!

Hey, This isnt audio related but i need some help from anyone who has general engine knowledge. Yesterday I took my explorer offroading. Well my ******* underestimated the depth of a waterhole...it was about 4 truck lengths long..i got 1/4 of my nose out of the water hole..and boom. ****in thing shuts down on me..3/4 of the explere engulfed in water including the exhaust. so i fight to get the bastard started smoke and all....finally get it started and drive out. Well its definatly not driving well.at all. It died it 4WD Low so im not sure if that has anything to do with it? But whats going on is....at first i could go over 30mph with out it prety much chug-alugging and nearly dying. Now, after rotating in and out of 4wd to make sure that wasnt the problem...between 1,500-3,000 rpm , I can press the petal to the floor and noooo response other than the whole engine dying chugging noise. Theres also a slight burning smell coming from the engine bay. No smoke. just smell. Can annnyone please help me or know of anyone who can..**** im a ******* haha. AIM me at MikeL1083 or leave a post.

Russ Raymer is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Engine Help!!

My guess is either you did some internal damage to the engine by getting water in it or you could have possibly done some electrical damage. One thing you could do is check your oil and see if you have a lot of water in it. If you do then the more driving you do the worse off you are going to be. You might want to take it somewhere and get it checked out.

Storm90 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Theres a huge chance of electrial problems and alot of your sensors may be messed up.

"Every Morning You Have Two Choices, Keep Sleeping With Your Dreams, Or Wake Up And Chase Them"

Refs: xluben, Moe Lester, illzfaded, Foreman, Johnecon2001, Sblazer
    Bigaznmike
    Fosgate140
    Saltyreefguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

check the whole ignition system plugs,wires,and coils etc.

Closed Thread

User Tag List