Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Argument with a friend....cold air intakes....

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Argument with a friend....cold air intakes....

I was talking with a friend of mine today and he won't budge on this topic. He is set on getting an AFE cold air intake for his durango which will run him 260,and i was saying that the pacesetter one they offer for his car would do just as good of a job at 193. Should he spend the extra $ and get the higher name brand one or will it honestly matter?

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Argument with a friend....cold air intakes....

its a filter on a stick. think abou that before he go's spending the $

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol thats pretty much what i said. i told him that if they both use a 3" tube how is one better than the other? Only way is if 1 puts the filter in a better location for air, that and the more expensive one comes with a box..............oooooohhhh pretty

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Airman21 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

its not worth the money for a durango... now if it was something he was wanting to soup up then its a dif. story... tell him to get the cheaper one.

98 Bravada

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    huh? oh ya, thats my number! give me as many calls as you like! infact you can post it on gay meeting websites for late nite butt secks
    Originally Posted by Ed Lester
    I am gonna use my computer for what it was designed for and thats to download P0rn.
    REF- Schism13 (trade), 6spdcoupe (bought), 32tl (bought), thunder9500 (bought), 3.5Max6spd (bought), Blackbonnie (bought), rpfuror (built me a box), Iggster (bought),nitro_freak1 (bought), M3NTAL (bought)

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

iv seen a mean ram air on a durango. with a functional hood scoop. probably the only worth thing doing. imo.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i did the cheaper route on my dakota b/c i'm not sure if i will ever go with a ram air hood. i'll tell him to go with the cheaper assuming they both use 3" pipe.

photocrazy8 is offline Probably doesn't like you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

what is he trying to gain with this intake?
    Last edited by photocrazy8; 06-09-2006 at 03:04 AM.

1956 Bel Air in the works

Feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/172118-photocrazy8-ftw.html

project f-150 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tell him to get the cheaper one and buy some stickers with the more expensive name to put on it and take the extra money to a bar!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it only became an argument b/c i tried telling him he's throwing $ down the drain and not a small amount but 100 bucks. i linked him to this thread and he is seeming like he'll go with the cheaper one.

dkmesa is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

More expensive ones in some case show a couple more HP gains but nothing that makes too much of a difference. Honestly, according to the manufacturers of my catback, cold air intake, and grounding kit I should have gained almost 30 HP and 25 lb/ft of torque at the wheels, but if I had to guess, I'd say I gained about 10 HP.

Let him decide on his own, but he shouldn't waste money on the more expensive one IMO

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

plus if he save's $ and enjoys it i'll get me some beer lol. with the more expensive one's i've read they can be more limited as they have that stupid box that can limit air flow.

photocrazy8 is offline Probably doesn't like you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

tell your friend of he does not plan on twin turboing it any time soon to not even get one...he is only gonna get maybe 5 hp...

1956 Bel Air in the works

Feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/172118-photocrazy8-ftw.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

people do things not just for power ya know. he's trying to let his car breathe more than it is right now and this'll help.

squeak12 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got the ebay one for 25 or 30 for mine. Its no different than the others. I didnt really expect a big increase either. It was more cosmetic than anything. I might get a better filter though.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

problem is they don't sell a lot for his/my model and year. he has a 98 durango i've got a 97' dakota and they don't make a lot of them for those cars.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List