Closed Thread

Reload Thread: D-tec 16 valve

MemphisLove. is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

D-tec 16 valve

What kinda of turbo or supercharger should i put on this i know ill have to change the rods and pistons too but am lookin on suggestions for both. this will be in a 05 Suzuki forenza

Qoob is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: D-tec 16 valve

xspower t4

Lunchbocks is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

really depends on your goals with the car, what are you looking to get out of it?

i've never known anyone to do major performance with a suzuki unless it has 2 wheels so i dunno what that motor can handle with stock equipment

'06 Chrysler 300 - work in progress
    Orion H2
    eD NINe.1
    KnuKonceptz Kolossus

dubbinjet is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbocks
    really depends on your goals with the car, what are you looking to get out of it?

i've never known anyone to do major performance with a suzuki unless it has 2 wheels so i dunno what that motor can handle with stock equipment

i agree...no idea how much the stock stuff can handle. you could always run a small turbo and rock ~12psi. otherwise you would maybe have to change out some internals, i dont know suzuki's well, but ill assume they arent built for FI.

RandyJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HOLY VAGUE QUESTION!

You need a lot more than "what turbo should I run?" We need some flow numbers, desired boost, desired HP and other info to know what type of turbo you should run.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok this is mainly a kid that needs more power and acceleration and i asked all my friends about what to dao and the said turbo it, exahust, or put a new computer chip in it. I know the engine is made by Daewood which im pretty sure is a sub branch of GM. i know that i would have to change out the pistons and rods i would do that even if i didnt have to. anything that wiull add around 30 HP and just look kool. lol i know stuoid newbie but im really just tryin to make this a little ****** car cause all of my friends say it is GAY but screw them i love that car... minus the performance of the engine lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If all you want is 30 more HP, then go NA, FI for 30HP is a waste honestly.

Lunchbocks is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisLove.
    ok this is mainly a kid that needs more power and acceleration and i asked all my friends about what to dao and the said turbo it, exahust, or put a new computer chip in it. I know the engine is made by Daewood which im pretty sure is a sub branch of GM. i know that i would have to change out the pistons and rods i would do that even if i didnt have to. anything that wiull add around 30 HP and just look kool. lol i know stuoid newbie but im really just tryin to make this a little ****** car cause all of my friends say it is GAY but screw them i love that car... minus the performance of the engine lol
    if you have to ask what to do and its between those 3, you shouldnt be modifying... and aftermarket forced induction is not a a method you choose for a 30hp gain, which by the way is hardly noticeable

and you talk about changing rods and pistons like its changing out, its not as easy as you seem to think and if you're planning to tear into the internals how bout you learn more about it first.

heres a question for your new piston/rod choice: what material are they? dish or dome? any valve reliefs? what kinda rings you gonna use? what type of wrist pin? unless you can answer those off the top of your head you shouldnt be touching the engine

'06 Chrysler 300 - work in progress
    Orion H2
    eD NINe.1
    KnuKonceptz Kolossus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were not tryingto be rude, it's just we can't really tell you what you need to do if you know not what you speak of. If someone says go with 6061 3.8" rods, are you going to know what that is? And are you going to know why? It's fine and dandy if you don't know what the **** it means, but I just don't think it's the smartest thing to do [dive into a forced induction modification] if you don't know what's going on. If you do, then I'm sorry, you just did not seem to.

If you want just a small gain, try a I/H/E job and see how you like that. If that aint cool, then maybe read up a lil bit, make friends witha machine shop, and then up the CR a little bit. For 30HP, a number of things can be done.

thehardknoxlife is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbocks
    if you have to ask what to do and its between those 3, you shouldnt be modifying... and aftermarket forced induction is not a a method you choose for a 30hp gain, which by the way is hardly noticeable

and you talk about changing rods and pistons like its changing out, its not as easy as you seem to think and if you're planning to tear into the internals how bout you learn more about it first.

heres a question for your new piston/rod choice: what material are they? dish or dome? any valve reliefs? what kinda rings you gonna use? what type of wrist pin? unless you can answer those off the top of your head you shouldnt be touching the engine
    30 hp is very noticeable in a light weight car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A 30HP motor increase will result in probably 20HP at the wheels increase, but it won't be very noticeable most likely. No reason to arguye anyways, the point still temains that FI for 30HP only is absolutely rediculous and a waste.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok so what should i do besides dive into the internals.... to give me some NOTICEABLE power? exahust air intake computer chip upgrade... and the thing is my dad would also help me and he use to build deisel engines and when i was like 12 we rebuilt a 350 bored out to a 355. i know the rods/pistons would have to be forged steel. how hard are turbos to attach to the exahust and would that need a upgrade in internals... im pretty good at knowing the little things but like the rings and relief valves and stuff thats just tooo far above my knowlege... but if any of yall would like to fill me on AIM= Toxcicity975

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For simple mods like I/H/E nd chip, you w ould not need forged internals. Even for a turbo, you may not need it, but you just need to know what is going on, what will be going on, and all sorts of stuff so you can decide. But, like we said earlier, a turbo forf 30HP is absolutely retarded! You're talking about at least a thousand dollarsand countless hours and easily ruining your daily drive. Ask your dad if he dealt with turbo deisels, he probably did.

Closed Thread