Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Switching from halogen to xenon.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Switching from halogen to xenon.

Well i got my truck today and I hate the headlights. Breaklights have already been ordered and they will be here next week. here are the tail's if you were curious: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT. The truck is a solid black dakota v8 so i think the tail lights will look nice. Anyway, I need some thoughts or way of getting rid of halogen and getting something better. suggestions with links or pricing would be great.

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

AVSTANG02 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Switching from halogen to xenon.

pics of the bumpin blazer!!!!!!! asap!!!!

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you cant do a true xenon light with unless changing the entire headlight unit itself. i dont know exactly how they work, im sure someone here does though, but i do know they use xenon gas.

93 saturn sl2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

try silverstars???

02 Mustang GT
    06 Mazdaspeed6
    95 Saturn SL2 turbo sh1t getter

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i was either thinking xenon or HID. most HID is about 200-300 bucks though and i'd rather get exhaust at that point. On the blazer, she's dead and gone sadly. blew the head gasket 10 days ago.

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

MetalMaxima is offline AURAL DESTROYER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Xenon kit will consist of a ballast and the proper suited bulbs (i.e. 9004, 9003, H3, H4, etc.) The higher the Kelvin rating, the ifferent he light output will look, although there is a tradeoff between light output and color at around 6000K. Just pop the bulbs in and mount the Ballast...nothing to it and the light output is AWESOME!!!

IMHO, you are completley wasting your money if you get an exhuast system. You will recieve NO gains from an exhuast system unless you upgrade the primary components of the exhuast first, that is, you will only see gains from replacing the headers and he y-pipe. Only then will a different exhaust be needed, and the gains will only be within the realm of 3 to 6hP.

With all due respects, if you are an 'ALL SHOW NO GO' kind of driver (and there is nothing wrong with that ) then I would say either will sui you well. If you are looking to make your ride faster, get the Xenons and start saving for headers in the meantime.

HU - Alpine 9833
    FRONTSTAGE - Dynaudio MW170, MD 100, Morel Domes (all passive )
    REAR-FILL - Rainbow SL 165
    SUB - 2 x 12" Alumapro Alchemy RX
    AMPS - Arc Audio XXK-4150/2500
    WIRING - Stinger Expert
    SQ CABIN 160sqft. Damplifier, 120sqft. Spectrum, 100sqft. Hazmat, 80sqft. Spectrum Sludge...[/SIZE]

LooKin4Boom is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i heard that headers that arent retorqued every acouple hundred miles leak something you might want to think of before droppin 3-4 hundred.

Back after 2 years...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMaxima
    The Xenon kit will consist of a ballast and the proper suited bulbs (i.e. 9004, 9003, H3, H4, etc.) The higher the Kelvin rating, the ifferent he light output will look, although there is a tradeoff between light output and color at around 6000K. Just pop the bulbs in and mount the Ballast...nothing to it and the light output is AWESOME!!!

IMHO, you are completley wasting your money if you get an exhuast system. You will recieve NO gains from an exhuast system unless you upgrade the primary components of the exhuast first, that is, you will only see gains from replacing the headers and he y-pipe. Only then will a different exhaust be needed, and the gains will only be within the realm of 3 to 6hP.

With all due respects, if you are an 'ALL SHOW NO GO' kind of driver (and there is nothing wrong with that ) then I would say either will sui you well. If you are looking to make your ride faster, get the Xenons and start saving for headers in the meantime.
    yeah i'm all show no go. not really though lol. i've ordered headers, y-pipe and exhaust now. oh along with a supercharger that fits the 5.2l v8 that's in my truck. I'm having it all installed sometime in september but i'll update you guys when i do. i've tried 3 different type of the "blue" lights all with no difference in brightness or blue tone. then again it might be that the headlight (actual plastic and such) are old and kinda fogged over. Any suggestions for what to replace those with??

ighettoboyi is offline Shot Caller

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMaxima

remember though, he doesnt drive a VQ...V8's SOUND fast and buff with the simple bolt ons

DTM HATER

Patrick Simmons is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would get some projector headlights and install the conversion kit like said before consist of the ballast, wiring harness and bulbs, real easy to install.

Silverstars are nice, I have them myself, but nothing compared to HID's. They make the biggest difference in the world if you drive at night at all.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a full hid conversion is about 350 bucks though and that's a bit much to me. i'm happy with the xenon's i got i just need suggestions for new headlight housing. mainly something as close to clear as possible without having to do clear turn signals.

skierxx5556 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you want to go the hid route i would check out the forums on hidplanet.com there is a lot of helpful info on there about hid's and kits etc...

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just make sure not to exceed 65 watts output. Anything more will make quick work of you light harness...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

60_cent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

silver stars are good but IMO save the money and get a true HID kit, you can find them on ebay for around 250-300 for a true kit. If you go that route make sure you go with a good name brand. I went with the Mcculloch kit and love it...check out the sig

1992 cocaine white Acura Legend ***TOTALED 9/2009****
    Pioneer AVH-P4000dvd, Focal polyglass 165v1 front stage, (1) Fi SSD 12" sub ported
    RF T3002, T5001bd, monster cable wiring, optima yellow top, batcap, fatmat sound deadening

**NEW VEHICLE**
    2007 Chevy Impala SS LS4 5.3L V8
    Pioneer AVH 3200BT
    Kicker IX5001, IX5004, Kicker wiring
    Kicker QS 6.5 comps, KS 6x9's, Xtant x12b 2.0 cubic box tuned to 33 hertz

60_cent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

really you should consider getting the real deal, it is well worth the money. Here are a few pics...

here is a pic of it just turned on and heating up....

and here she is after a 1-2 minutes after heating up, I have the 5000k kit for that true white look...

enjoy....

1992 cocaine white Acura Legend ***TOTALED 9/2009****
    Pioneer AVH-P4000dvd, Focal polyglass 165v1 front stage, (1) Fi SSD 12" sub ported
    RF T3002, T5001bd, monster cable wiring, optima yellow top, batcap, fatmat sound deadening

**NEW VEHICLE**
    2007 Chevy Impala SS LS4 5.3L V8
    Pioneer AVH 3200BT
    Kicker IX5001, IX5004, Kicker wiring
    Kicker QS 6.5 comps, KS 6x9's, Xtant x12b 2.0 cubic box tuned to 33 hertz

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast