Reload Thread: window tint: how dark and where to get done

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: window tint: how dark and where to get done

there is no tint law in GA anymore

i have some custom design tint that an artist is drawing up for me. IT will be a cue ball with an HB in the middle and flames will come off it. The design is gonna be green with an dark black background. It is gonna be a double tint.

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

avs20 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own a window tinting business and can shed some light on the subject.
    Window tint should be applied to a window in ONE piece(very few exceptions to this rule). Always make sure you are getting a metalized film, or ceramic(double the price). In general, I charge $199 for cars, $299 for suvs, and $79 for 2 windows. That is all done in a High performance llumar film, with a lifetime warranty. There is another option, which is ceramic, which knocks out MUCH more heat than any metalized film Ive ever seen. Downside is, it starts at $399 a car.
    To those people who think a tint job at 199+ is a ripoff, I guarantee you..in 90% of shops, you get what you pay for.
    Also, to the people who think it's 'easy', or think they can just pick it up and do it themselves...I would pay money to see how bad your tintjob looks
    As for tint laws..here ya go. There are a few things on here that arent really 'applied' or are just flat out wrong...but it's 90% accurate. I mean, it IS from the IWFA right? lol
    IWFA Tint Laws

Primo is offline ibtl

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got my tint from AutoZone and put 2 layers of it on my back window. It was a ***** to get it on but it came out pretty good. I can barely see out of it, and been driving with it on for a about 2 months and the cops dont seem to care.

4 life

HeavyChevy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phrozen5100
    Well around here, I believe it's a max of 30% for windshield, 20% for rear window/passenger/driver windows and 10% for the wing windows of vans. I have no tint on my drivers/passengers sides or windshield. My other windows are tinted 35% except one, which is tinted .875% . I've seen some cops stop and look at my one insanely dark window, but they just keep going.
    This thread was started in the end of September...keeping the hope alive I see.
    Limo (5%) all around except windshield (I was talked out of that). Export film (Film should be black but has a dark blue color to it). 127.00 for the oye's to just slap the tint on and not microfilm it to the top of the window and say they cannot stick the film to the strip I have on top of the back window, when other shops know the tricks of the trade. Prob. will get it all redone when I have money to waste on tints.

For those South Floridians...Senor Stereo...their prices for car audio, they think they are the manufacturers of this stuff...bad tint jobs...bad advice...but if they stroke you the right way, to each their own.

Zxcvtypo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avs20
    I own a window tinting business and can shed some light on the subject.
    Window tint should be applied to a window in ONE piece(very few exceptions to this rule). Always make sure you are getting a metalized film, or ceramic(double the price). In general, I charge $199 for cars, $299 for suvs, and $79 for 2 windows. That is all done in a High performance llumar film, with a lifetime warranty. There is another option, which is ceramic, which knocks out MUCH more heat than any metalized film Ive ever seen. Downside is, it starts at $399 a car.
    To those people who think a tint job at 199+ is a ripoff, I guarantee you..in 90% of shops, you get what you pay for.
    Also, to the people who think it's 'easy', or think they can just pick it up and do it themselves...I would pay money to see how bad your tintjob looks
    As for tint laws..here ya go. There are a few things on here that arent really 'applied' or are just flat out wrong...but it's 90% accurate. I mean, it IS from the IWFA right? lol
    IWFA Tint Laws
    on that website, whats it mean by MPV? is MPV an suv? because it compares cars, and mpvs's so thats what im guessing

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey guys i hae a question about window tint. i decided to ressurect an old thread about it to waste less space. anyways, i was looking at the tint laws for here in oklahoma and i just wanna make sure i'm right about this. on this site http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...?citeid=443087 it says:

It is unlawful for any person to place, install, affix, or apply any transparent material upon the windshield or side or rear windows of any motor vehicle if such material alters the color or reduces the light transmittance of such windshield or side or rear windows except as provided in this section.

D. This section shall not apply to:

1. Side or back windows that have a substance or material in conjunction with glazing material that has a light transmission of at least twenty-five percent (25%) and a luminous reflectance of at most twenty-five percent (25%);

10. Side windows to the rear of the driver or back windows that have a substance or material in conjunction with glazing material that has a light transmission of at least ten percent (10%) and a luminous reflectance of at most twenty-five percent (25%) on all vehicles manufactured prior to 1996 year models, if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors on both left and right hand sides of the vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least two hundred (200) feet to the rear of the motor vehicle;

11. Transparent material which is installed, affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if:

a. it does not extend downward beyond the AS-1 line or more than five (5) inches from the top of the windshield, whichever is closer to the top of the windshield, and

b. the material is not red or amber in color;

so does this mean i can go 10% on the 3 back windows and 25% on the 2 side windows and anything on the windshield 5" or less from the top? i'm confused about this. also at the top it says it was superseded effective 9/1/2005. does that mean anything? thanks

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone?

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

call and ask the police and ask you local tint shop.

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chinny is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have 5 over 20 all around and a 35 in the front windshield

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3