Need help installing LED strips
I'm putting some LED strips in my car and I'm new to this so I need some help. Here's my set up: I will have 3 different circuits; under my dash and under my seats (4 strips), all 4 doors (4 strips), and my trunk (2 strips). I want the ones under my dash and seats wired into my gauge lights. I want the ones under the doors wired so that they come on when i open the doors. I want the ones in my trunk wired into my trunk light. They are RGB with a remote so i will have to included an IR sensor in each circuit. I also want to include an override switch for each circuit that will allow me to turn them on, off, or allow the electrical system to control them. Each circuit will be fused, what size should i use? What all do i need for this and how exactly do i do it? What kind of override switch do i need? Do i need capacitors? Do I need resistors? Thanks.
I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE with a 2.2L Ecotec and a 12V electrical system if that helps.
Re: Need help installing LED strips
Following tips are very helpful for installing LED strips. They are:
1. Open up the cover that way in the back behind the gas and break pedals.
2. Use the wire clothes hanger take it apart and wrap the LED strip electric wires around it so it can push the wire up thought the hole and reach it near the battery. Make sure to leave enough slack on the other end in order to have enough room to work with.
3. Connect the fuse holder to the positive side of the battery by unscrewing the nut on the battery.
4. Put one of the wires from the fuse holder into a wire connector and put the connector around the bolt like this.
5. Plugged in the fuse holder, use a wire to wire connector and connect the wire that brought up through the firewall hole and connect it to the other end of the fuse holder.
6. Mount the LED strips underneath the dash on both the drivers side and passengers side to the desired positions using the back 3M tapes.
7. Run two separate pieces of wire from the drivers side to the passengers side. These will be connected to the positive and negative wires of the LED strip on the passenger side. Again don't forget which wire is the positive, which is the negative.
8. Run the wires through from the passenger side to the drivers side connect the negative and positive wires from the LED strip on the passenger side to the wires you just ran through.
9. Install switch and test it and then enjoy the lights.
Motorcycle LED Lights