Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: 2002 Buick Century Rear Seat Removal ????

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Icon32 2002 Buick Century Rear Seat Removal ????

Can someone please help me out with this . Ive been trying to help my friend remove his back seat in his 02' Buick Century (wish they just folded down) because his bass is extremly muddy and it ***** becuase he has excellent subs back there and it sounds like **** up front . What is the right way to remove these seats ?? Appreciate any help .. Thanks

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: 2002 Buick Century Rear Seat Removal ????

Anyone ???

References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd bet you take out the bottom...(push back then lift up) then there will be bolts holding the back on, take them out, lift up and you're done.

That's how every fixed GM rear seat I've ever seen comes out...

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

More proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_as View Post
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...
    No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Allright Great .. Ill give that a try .. Thanks man

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverPunk View Post
    I'd bet you take out the bottom...(push back then lift up) then there will be bolts holding the back on, take them out, lift up and you're done.

That's how every fixed GM rear seat I've ever seen comes out...
    ya in my grandprix its like that. look for 2 tabs that you can pull on under the seat cushion. that should release it. then a couple bolts and lift up, there could be hooks holding the back to the metal of the trunk.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^ Thanks for the Input guys .. I will try these on Tuesday

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Where's his low pass filter set?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hes running a JL 1000/1 on (2) W6's . Low Pass is set at 65 .

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The rear seat should not be an issue, I have had a few installs with non folding rear seats and still got plenty of output inside the car. Hell, I had a JL 12w6v2 sealed in the trunk of my 93 Buick Lesabre and it put out fine, plenty of bass in the cabin.

I have notice a difference in my Crown Vic when my rear seat was out and the additional output, but I had plenty of volume with it still in place.

If your getting "muddy bass" from a pair of 12w6v2, and a 1000/1 something is seriously wrong with the install. I would check the setting on the HU first and work my way back to the amp before I tried to remove that seat.

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Double post FTL

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dont get me wrong there is plenty bass output . Open the trunk and listen and it sounds mint . Clean and accurate bass . Now, Shut the trunk then listen from inside, the "fullness" that we are trying to achieve is just not there . As for something being wrong , a very reputable local shop did the install for him and I checked over absolutely every amp/deck adjustments, wire connections etc myself too make sure things were up to par . All was good . So it really only leads down to the rear seat . Its so **** insulated lol.

ShiningBuick is offline NotLoudEnuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On my 99' Park Ave you just need to do what they said.

Seat bottom out, two big-*** bolts, then slide the seat back up and it's out.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All right , so I got the rear seat out yesterday after about 5 min of trying what you guys recommended. Then cut the thick (way thicker then I thought it would be) rubber sound deadener which is what sealed off the trunk from the interior, only too leave a perfectly nice 4 sq ft of gaping hole into the trunk lol .. We put on the Bass I love you track and God Dam .. That rear seat was the culprit of the muddy bass . The bass is so much more defined and accurate now .. After we listened to a few songs with no rear seat we decided to see how it would sound with the rear seat put back on (mind you that we got rid of that serious rubber sound deadener) . It still sounded pretty darn well with the seat back up . Just want to say Thanks to those who helped me out with this ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime1028 View Post
    All right , so I got the rear seat out yesterday after about 5 min of trying what you guys recommended. Then cut the thick (way thicker then I thought it would be) rubber sound deadener which is what sealed off the trunk from the interior, only too leave a perfectly nice 4 sq ft of gaping hole into the trunk lol .. We put on the Bass I love you track and God Dam .. That rear seat was the culprit of the muddy bass . The bass is so much more defined and accurate now .. After we listened to a few songs with no rear seat we decided to see how it would sound with the rear seat put back on (mind you that we got rid of that serious rubber sound deadener) . It still sounded pretty darn well with the seat back up . Just want to say Thanks to those who helped me out with this ..

Cool, im glad you got it sounding how you want.

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks man ... and thank you for your input and what not .. Everything helped me out

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast