Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: ticket for illegal tint

RipDaJacka is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ticket for illegal tint

i got 11% (TINT METER READING) an my ticket was $146.. will be cut in half if i peel it or dismissed altogether

jnralp00 is offline well then...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guy I work with has I think 15% and got a ticket for $75

DDSC is offline Wang-aholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlaine View Post
    That doesn't mean it's you driving the vehicle.

The very reason for no tint up front is so that the officer has complete view of you when they approach the vehicle... It's for their safety... as well as yours.
    how can they see you when they approach if your back windows can be jet black, by they time they see you then its too late if your gonna shot at them, unless they approach from the middle of the road where they can see you sooner

Refrences: Tonyguy (Bought from), duece212 (Bought From) blackbonnie (Sold To) Woofer Cooker (Trade) Zeuslicious (Trade)

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon X995
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60Cs
    Sub : DD 9515h series
    Sub Amp : Alpine MPR2000
    Wire: 0/1 Kicker Hyperflex

dan7532 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^ agreed

dreeze is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd go with 20%....that's the legal limit here in ky.

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have double 5%. 1 ticket in 5 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

toobs124 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon10 Re: ticket for illegal tint

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    This is retarded, everyone wants to complain about cops, but yet people think like this..
    You know its illegal, but your still going to do it and are already getting prepared for what happens when you get cought, and then you ***** becuase they never let you alone and stuff...
    Come on... Cops are always looking for things like this though just to pull you over and hope they have another thing they can get you for that might lead to them searcing your car and finding even more goodies...
    Use your head...
    Agreed. Cops love when you give them cause to pull you over. And they rarely are interested in equipment violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    does anyone know how much it costs around when you get a ticket for illegal tint? prefereably from cali, but if not from any state.

i m in cali, n it's illegal to tint fronts, but i wanna do it. n i wanna see how much moeny would it be for a tix. thanks
    In california, tinting your windows (26708(a) CVC) is a mere equipment violation. You are not charged with a penalty for the violation such as amplified music heard over 50ft from a highway (27007 CVC) which would cost you about 120-200$.

Therefore, you would have to remove the tint, take your vehicle to any PD/CHP/S.O. station and get it signed off by a peace officer. You then send the citation in the mail (or take it in person) to the jurisdiction's court with a 10-20$ court processing fee.

Having your front windows tinted are illegal up to an 88% VLT. HOWEVER; if you are an out of state visitor from a state where tinting windows is legal, i.e. Arizona, then you cannot be cited for the violation unless you have established residency in California (this still gives the officer Probable Cause to pull you over though). One of the biggest excuses for tinted windows is "I bought the car from the dealer like this." Cops dont care. You are responsible for your complying with the vehicle code as soon as your car hits the highway.

Tinted windows are not solely an officer safety tissue. Tinted windows are illegal because they legimately obstruct your view, especially at night. If an officer is concerned about not being able to see people in the vehicle, they will simply ask you to roll down your windows or meet them behind the vehicle.

Another thing to remember is that the window tinting company that tinted your front windows is responsible for letting you know (verbally or in writing) it is illegal to have them on a vehicle on the highway. If they failed to notify you of such, they should be held liable and should remove the window tint for free (or be held civily liable).

My opinon: Tinted windows is one of the weakest things to pull you over for, besides a tail lamp light (24601 CVC). 99% of the time if you get pulled over for tint, cops are looking for DUI, Narcotics, Felons etc.

However, I have driven cars with tinted front windows and i must admit, at night time it DOES IN FACT obstruct your view. I almost hit some dude on a bicycle because my peripherals were obstructed at a stop sign.

Unless someone has a crappy attitude, the general consensus is: if you can see the driver, its not worth a citation.
    Last edited by toobs124; 06-28-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spray paint it black and say officer my windows aren't tinted. Thats what most people do around here that have ALOT of equipment in there car and compete. But I believe in Florida your back and side windows can be however dark but your front door windows and the windshield have to be a certain percent or something like that

x2o
    x2o is offline Fuzzy Blue Lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrosoundz View Post
    Spray paint it black and say officer my windows aren't tinted. Thats what most people do around here that have ALOT of equipment in there car and compete. But I believe in Florida your back and side windows can be however dark but your front door windows and the windshield have to be a certain percent or something like that
    Nope, it's :
    Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
    Front Side Windows Must allow more than 28% of light in.
    Back Side Windows Must allow more than 15% of light in.
    Rear Window Must allow more than 15% of light in.

EDIT : and up to 25% of light can be reflected on them.

The System :
    Electrical: Big 3, Powermaster D1200 and D3100.
    Sub Stage : 18" Custom Sundown Nightshade D2 Tuned to 30 Hz
    Sub Amp : Sundown SAZ-3000D
    Headunit : Alpine 9887 (ACTIVE )
    Front Stage : (2) Eminence Delta 10" mids, 2 Power Acoustik NX-5s
    Rear Pro Audio: (4) 8" Selenium 8W4P, (2) Selenium ST350
    Pro Audio Amps: Hifonics ZXi6010, Hifonics ZXi1010, Kicker ZX350.4
    Wiring : Kicker Hyperflex/Knu 0ga/RCA's
    Refs : Apocalypse Boy, Brian Owens, JBLCamry, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, BushJ311, tEh koRnDog(x2), blackbonnie, ProjectPat06, ampjunkielikeme, DownSouth954, Tapout, PaulThompson229, Mrogowski, Team H&K (Kent), andrewmoore13, slam, 100% eBay

xtremez is offline That one guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i got 5% all around including on my suv.. and 28% on the full windshield. Its a bish to see at night in rural areas but in the city no issues. No ticket issues yet. Was pulled over last weekend and the cop didnt say a thing. Here in NE its a secondary offence... which means they have to pull u over for something else...not just because you have dark tint.

Vehicle - 2002 blazer xtreme
    HU - avn726e
    Sub - 18" BTL x2
    Box - under construction
    Amp - Rf 4000.1bd
    Alt - Mechman 250amp
    Electrical - big 3, yellow top under hood, pm d3100, kinetik 2400 out back

Refs: Ominub, 2002XLT, Cityboy21, Queball, Path2spl, Vitveet, Skip01, sirsaechao, NewAgeKing, psych0ticnemes1, tv559, SharkOnLand

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do i find out if its a secondary offense in florida? becuase the only tint ticket i had, i got pulled over JUST for tint..no music, no speeding, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

brmcm15 is offline Oh lawdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my friend all ready got pulled over about 4 times now in 3 different counties and was just warned all the times....but they just had him follow them to the police station and take it off....then he had it put back on......but guessing the ticket would be in near a hundo if the cop had a bad day and 50 at the least in michigan

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brmcm15 View Post
    my friend all ready got pulled over about 4 times now in 3 different counties and was just warned all the times....but they just had him follow them to the police station and take it off....then he had it put back on......but guessing the ticket would be in near a hundo if the cop had a bad day and 50 at the least in michigan
    what % he have im in michigan and want to go darker. wondering what he has and is getting by with.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

HellsRise is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can do any % on back windows in MI. You cannot have ANY tint on front windows, and no more than 4" from the top of the windshield..again any % here.

Quote Originally Posted by robinson,jerry View Post
    it didnt hit like boom boom or knock knock. it was like humming mmmmmm hmmm hhhmmm

Bought from: bonesninja, sundownz
    Sold to: NMBR1SPT

.:|1999 Chevy Blazer ZR2|:.
    Sub - SSA Icon 15"
    Sub Amp - Sundown SAE-1000D
    Comps - Polk MOMO 6.5"
    Comp Amp - Sundown SAX-100.2
    H.U. - Alpine CDA-9811
    Wire - Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening - RAAMmat BTX & Ensolite

brmcm15 is offline Oh lawdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRise View Post
    You can do any % on back windows in MI. You cannot have ANY tint on front windows, and no more than 4" from the top of the windshield..again any % here.
    yeah that's true... i just got my windows tinted 35% all around and the guy that owns the place said that cops want the front windows like above 30% to be able to c what u r doing in the car.........

but if you have a four door you can have them like the back window at the most, and a 2 door you can have those little peeker windows the most

michigan has some dum laws

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    what % he have im in michigan and want to go darker. wondering what he has and is getting by with.

i think he went with 10% but i could be wrong but it was really dark.....

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast