Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: 2001 banged v6 mustang vs. 1999 gmc jimmy v6

rockford666 is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2001 banged v6 mustang vs. 1999 gmc jimmy v6

who would win???

i have 2-12" rf he2's, a 1600 watt american amp and a dual r/t box, STOLEN some **** sucker was dumb enoguth to take my ****** system

Colin_100 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hard to say but im gunan say the v6 Mustang will probibly win, they have a completly digfferent gear ratio, than a Jimmy would, Suv's have more Pulling power than straight line power.

87 Runner
    5" Lift, 35" Muds,
    Smittybilt Bumpers,
    ProComp Lights,
    and a System,
    What more could you ask for?

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2001 banged v6 mustang vs. 1999 gmc jimmy v6

Originally posted by rockford666
    who would win???
    Whats wrong with the Mustang? Are both vehicles stock? If not, what are the modifications on each?

My choice right now would be the Mustang though...

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

rco8786 is offline Studmuffin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    mustang, no doubt. bigger engine, lighter chassis...unless the guy can't drive for ****

Alpine 7894
    Pioneer 3-way 6x8
    MTX Thunder 4122 50W x 2
    1 E12k
    JBL BP600.1
    Custom Built V/T Box

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've stated this before and will state it again. i have a 93 jmc jimmy that used to have a stock motor in it and stock everything. 4.3L high output v6 200hp 210lb or torque i believe. that is 50hp more than a mustang and 1.3L bigger than the v6 mustang so there is a counter to your bigger engine quote. with that said here is the story of why a jimmy would win. a buddy of mine has a 00' v6 mustang manual trans, new exhaust on it that's it. i raced him one day after school from a dead stop won up to 70mph and then he beat me. end of story and discussion.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

badboy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I KNOW A WAY THAT SURELY A JIMMY WILL KICK MUSTANG ***,
    IN A BLIZZARD!!!!!!WHEN THE JIMMY SET THE 4 X 4 AND KEPT GOIN AND THE STUPID MUSTANG STAYS BEHIND SPINNING LIKE A *****, NO WAY YOU CANT MATCH TWO TYPES OF CAR SPORT 1 AND A SUV
    IM A GM FAN I GOT THE V6 CAMARO WHO SURELY BEAT MUSTANG *** IF GOIN FOR V8s TRANS AM RAM AIR OR MY FAVORITE SS CAMARO IF STILL NOT ENOUGH FOR THE STUPID COBRA HOW BOUT THE VETTE Z SERIES.

1)kenwood z727
    2)kappa components 6 1/2
    3)alpine mrpf200 amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it will win. i wouldn't lie about it trust me on that one. it's more power and more torque which means MUCH FASTER OFF THE LINE. yes top end a mustang beat me but off the line no. oh and with my engine now, i can spank v6 camaro, hang with z28's and spanked a gt yesterday again.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

SBLAZER is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this mornin on my way 2 school i raced my friend nustangs and i beat him by a car length. i have a 01 4dr blazer. fast suv 2 me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SBLAZER
    this mornin on my way 2 school i raced my friend nustangs and i beat him by a car length. i have a 01 4dr blazer. fast suv 2 me.
    What engine is your Blazer equiped with? 4.3L Vortec?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    steve your not askin me are you?? cause i thought you knew my engine b/c you've heard me defend this multiple times.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    steve your not askin me are you?? cause i thought you knew my engine b/c you've heard me defend this multiple times.

adam
    Nope, not you Adam...I know your engine ....Pony killer

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

thaharlequin is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

adam
    i'm curious....you said you beat gt's, and stay w/ z28's? so i'm guessing you're putting maybe around 325-50 rwhp...?
    so.......whatcha running?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    typhoon engine putting out closer to 400hp buddy.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

adam
    :Cough: could more than stay with V6 Z28's :cough:

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

thaharlequin is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

adam
    n/a..forced induction...whats the exact setup like..sounds sweet btw

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast