+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 172

Reload Thread: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    What if I took out the rear fill speakers then cut out some ports on the same plane of the rear fill speakers?

    -Jp







  2. #92
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakdancin11
    What if I took out the rear fill speakers then cut out some ports on the same plane of the rear fill speakers?

    -Jp
    you could remove the rear glove box and cut the sheet metal out underneath it, then attach the lid with velcro if you want to cover it up. still not the same as the sheet metal



    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy
    you could remove the rear glove box and cut the sheet metal out underneath it, then attach the lid with velcro if you want to cover it up. still not the same as the sheet metal



    Thats exactly what I was thinking. Now if I were to do this would I be gaining more then just a .5 decible? What about cutting a hole where the armrest is?

    If the sub is rear firing will this cause any problems or will I have to switch the way they are firing? Also, will their be a good increase in the bass to the human ears if I were to do some cutting, seeing as thats what I really want.

    -Jp




  4. #94
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakdancin11


    Thats exactly what I was thinking. Now if I were to do this would I be gaining more then just a .5 decible? What about cutting a hole where the armrest is?

    If the sub is rear firing will this cause any problems or will I have to switch the way they are firing? Also, will their be a good increase in the bass to the human ears if I were to do some cutting, seeing as thats what I really want.

    -Jp
    alot of bass to the human ear if your gonna cut behind the armrest, you might as well remove that whole section...take your seat out and you will see what i am talking about. then you remove that plastic panel behind the armrest and keep it folded down...difference is night and day.



    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy
    alot of bass to the human ear if your gonna cut behind the armrest, you might as well remove that whole section...take your seat out and you will see what i am talking about. then you remove that plastic panel behind the armrest and keep it folded down...difference is night and day.
    Ok so if I were to take out the rear speakers AND cut the piece out of the back of the Caddy it will be louder then maybe just taking out the rear speakers. You have me almost talked into taking out that panel. You said that I may as well take out the rest of the panel if I were going to cut for the armrest. So there would be a difference from a small hole cut and the armrest down and a big hole cut with the armrest down. Also how big is the piece you would have to cut for this big cut......the picture you should me was HUGE.

    I appreciate all the help your swinging my way

    -Jp




  6. #96
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakdancin11
    Ok so if I were to take out the rear speakers AND cut the piece out of the back of the Caddy it will be louder then maybe just taking out the rear speakers. You have me almost talked into taking out that panel. You said that I may as well take out the rest of the panel if I were going to cut for the armrest. So there would be a difference from a small hole cut and the armrest down and a big hole cut with the armrest down. Also how big is the piece you would have to cut for this big cut......the picture you should me was HUGE.

    I appreciate all the help your swinging my way

    -Jp
    i took alot of material out, you don't have to remove that much. if you remove the seat, you'll see an indentation, you can't miss it. probably about 15"x30"



    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  7. #97
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    this is ugly, but it's the loudest way to set it up for the meter. you do have some slight low end loss, but you also lose all trunk rattleing. with the seat and panals back in place, you can't see the messy stuff.....you would also have to remove the trunk lid springs, it's not for everyone











    here's rear firing




    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    I am to do some cutting and see if I am satisfied with just cutting out the spot where the armrest goes as well as removing the rear speakers. Maybe this will cure my need for more bass for the time being heh. Any problems I may run into while cutting the spot for the armrest?

    -Jp




  9. #99
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakdancin11
    I am to do some cutting and see if I am satisfied with just cutting out the spot where the armrest goes as well as removing the rear speakers. Maybe this will cure my need for more bass for the time being heh. Any problems I may run into while cutting the spot for the armrest?

    -Jp
    nah. when you remove the seat, the armrest will come with it. just take the plastic insert out. then drill a hole in the sheet metal and cut out your desired area with a jig saw or sawzall.



    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    I was looking at your Caddy on Sounddomain and seen that you glassed the sub box to the back of the cut through which would seal the sub into the cabin.

    What all is involved with the glassing process?
    I have never glassed anything would I be better off getting a shop to glass that part?
    Also if I were to do the cut through without glassing for alittle would I still be able to hear a noticable difference in how loud it will get?

    -Jp




  11. #101
    193dBman's Avatar
    193dBman is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Howdy, this is off topic i think? But is it a necessity to port a box for spl. I'm nervous about it cause my spl setup is gunna be in my daily driver and i dont want sick nasty port noise or loss of low end. Thnx.




  12. #102
    Ricktc's Avatar
    Ricktc is offline Livin' Loud



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Yes porting is a necessity. Port it, but tune it low, will still sound awesome, get low, put up better numbers and sound louder than sealed.

    -Rick



    Proud Member of Team Gates

    1998 Saturn SL1

    Pioneer DEH-P4600MP - Crossfire VR2000D - Kicker L5s

    150.8 New AudioControl - 152.3 Classic TermLab - 147.3 New Termlab

    2004 Western Canadian dBDrag Street B Champion

  13. #103
    profoundwill's Avatar
    profoundwill is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Does anyone know any tricks to gain higher SPL in a 2002 gmc Sierra extended cab? Also, anyone have a SPL meter close to Birmingham, AL?




  14. #104
    amermuscle15's Avatar
    amermuscle15 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Does anybody have any experience with smaller cars? I have a 95 grand am (2door) and was thinking of facing the box forward for competitions. Now would I be better off pushing the box right up against the rear seat area or pushing it towards the rear but the sub still facing the front? The rear speakers were removed by the way...




  15. #105
    Abel's Avatar
    Abel is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chicago,Il.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by amermuscle15
    Does anybody have any experience with smaller cars? I have a 95 grand am (2door) and was thinking of facing the box forward for competitions. Now would I be better off pushing the box right up against the rear seat area or pushing it towards the rear but the sub still facing the front? The rear speakers were removed by the way...

    I am running 2 15's in a Kia Rio and have found that it is louder for my car to still face them towards the trunk,my answer for you would be to just play around with them and see what works best for you




+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. *amplifiers/power ratings*
    By dbhittin in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:33 PM
  2. a few questions on SPL enclosure
    By AScreenName in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:53 PM
  3. CDT CL-61A related questions
    By wombat007 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
  4. spl questions
    By traksta15 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:05 PM
  5. I need a few questions answered...
    By buchel in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum