+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Get Your SPL Related Questions Answered Here!

What if I took out the rear fill speakers then cut out some ports on the same plane of the rear fill speakers?

-Jp

delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Breakdancin11
    What if I took out the rear fill speakers then cut out some ports on the same plane of the rear fill speakers?

-Jp
    you could remove the rear glove box and cut the sheet metal out underneath it, then attach the lid with velcro if you want to cover it up. still not the same as the sheet metal

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5

Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy
    you could remove the rear glove box and cut the sheet metal out underneath it, then attach the lid with velcro if you want to cover it up. still not the same as the sheet metal

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Now if I were to do this would I be gaining more then just a .5 decible? What about cutting a hole where the armrest is?

If the sub is rear firing will this cause any problems or will I have to switch the way they are firing? Also, will their be a good increase in the bass to the human ears if I were to do some cutting, seeing as thats what I really want.

-Jp

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Now if I were to do this would I be gaining more then just a .5 decible? What about cutting a hole where the armrest is?

If the sub is rear firing will this cause any problems or will I have to switch the way they are firing? Also, will their be a good increase in the bass to the human ears if I were to do some cutting, seeing as thats what I really want.

-Jp
    alot of bass to the human ear if your gonna cut behind the armrest, you might as well remove that whole section...take your seat out and you will see what i am talking about. then you remove that plastic panel behind the armrest and keep it folded down...difference is night and day.

Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy
    alot of bass to the human ear if your gonna cut behind the armrest, you might as well remove that whole section...take your seat out and you will see what i am talking about. then you remove that plastic panel behind the armrest and keep it folded down...difference is night and day.
    Ok so if I were to take out the rear speakers AND cut the piece out of the back of the Caddy it will be louder then maybe just taking out the rear speakers. You have me almost talked into taking out that panel. You said that I may as well take out the rest of the panel if I were going to cut for the armrest. So there would be a difference from a small hole cut and the armrest down and a big hole cut with the armrest down. Also how big is the piece you would have to cut for this big cut......the picture you should me was HUGE.

I appreciate all the help your swinging my way

-Jp

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so if I were to take out the rear speakers AND cut the piece out of the back of the Caddy it will be louder then maybe just taking out the rear speakers. You have me almost talked into taking out that panel. You said that I may as well take out the rest of the panel if I were going to cut for the armrest. So there would be a difference from a small hole cut and the armrest down and a big hole cut with the armrest down. Also how big is the piece you would have to cut for this big cut......the picture you should me was HUGE.

I appreciate all the help your swinging my way

-Jp
    i took alot of material out, you don't have to remove that much. if you remove the seat, you'll see an indentation, you can't miss it. probably about 15"x30"

Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

Heatware = delvryboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is ugly, but it's the loudest way to set it up for the meter. you do have some slight low end loss, but you also lose all trunk rattleing. with the seat and panals back in place, you can't see the messy stuff.....you would also have to remove the trunk lid springs, it's not for everyone

here's rear firing

Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

Heatware = delvryboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am to do some cutting and see if I am satisfied with just cutting out the spot where the armrest goes as well as removing the rear speakers. Maybe this will cure my need for more bass for the time being heh. Any problems I may run into while cutting the spot for the armrest?

-Jp

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am to do some cutting and see if I am satisfied with just cutting out the spot where the armrest goes as well as removing the rear speakers. Maybe this will cure my need for more bass for the time being heh. Any problems I may run into while cutting the spot for the armrest?

-Jp
    nah. when you remove the seat, the armrest will come with it. just take the plastic insert out. then drill a hole in the sheet metal and cut out your desired area with a jig saw or sawzall.

Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

Heatware = delvryboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was looking at your Caddy on Sounddomain and seen that you glassed the sub box to the back of the cut through which would seal the sub into the cabin.

What all is involved with the glassing process?
    I have never glassed anything would I be better off getting a shop to glass that part?
    Also if I were to do the cut through without glassing for alittle would I still be able to hear a noticable difference in how loud it will get?

-Jp

193dBman is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howdy, this is off topic i think? But is it a necessity to port a box for spl. I'm nervous about it cause my spl setup is gunna be in my daily driver and i dont want sick nasty port noise or loss of low end. Thnx.

Ricktc is offline Livin' Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes porting is a necessity. Port it, but tune it low, will still sound awesome, get low, put up better numbers and sound louder than sealed.

-Rick

Proud Member of Team Gates

1998 Saturn SL1

Pioneer DEH-P4600MP - Crossfire VR2000D - Kicker L5s

150.8 New AudioControl - 152.3 Classic TermLab - 147.3 New Termlab

2004 Western Canadian dBDrag Street B Champion

profoundwill is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know any tricks to gain higher SPL in a 2002 gmc Sierra extended cab? Also, anyone have a SPL meter close to Birmingham, AL?

amermuscle15 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anybody have any experience with smaller cars? I have a 95 grand am (2door) and was thinking of facing the box forward for competitions. Now would I be better off pushing the box right up against the rear seat area or pushing it towards the rear but the sub still facing the front? The rear speakers were removed by the way...

Abel is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amermuscle15
    Does anybody have any experience with smaller cars? I have a 95 grand am (2door) and was thinking of facing the box forward for competitions. Now would I be better off pushing the box right up against the rear seat area or pushing it towards the rear but the sub still facing the front? The rear speakers were removed by the way...

I am running 2 15's in a Kia Rio and have found that it is louder for my car to still face them towards the trunk,my answer for you would be to just play around with them and see what works best for you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast