Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: dB numbers!

somekook is offline only 15"s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 dB numbers!

isnt it about time there was a dB numbers sticky? you know, a thread for everyone to post numbers from competitions etc. with the subs, amps, setups, and meters used? sure would put a lot of arguments to rest and help a lot of people out in making descisions.

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: dB numbers!

i highly agree. someone start one in general discussion.

yamaha326 is offline livin loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yep if just anyone would post..........................

1994 GMC SIERRA ext cab on 22's
    headunit.........p.o.s.sony
    speakers.......4 kenwood 4x6
    amp............1 hifonics bx2006i
    subs........... 2 12"kicker L7
    box...........ported 2.25 cu ft each tuned to 35hz
    wiring....scoshe
    too lazy..but need big 3 done!!!

15" kicker cvr
    ported 3.5 cu ft sealed----------------------------------------------------------------
    aim--ymracing43
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Moe Lester is offline 1/3 of TEAM PWNAGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So far with the stuff in my sig, 145.98 new TL, mic in the kick

InhumanAcura is offline 1/3ofTEAM PwNAGE..*****es

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

At shows not testing and bs.
    149.2 old AC mic 2 KX1200's & 2 12" Inhumans
    141.00 New TL 1 KX1200 & 2 12" Inhumans
    I suppose now that I think about it, it would be cool to see how peoples scores change as they tinker w/ different things and change boxes and equipment.

I could complain about the car, but have to do with what I have.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless you made up some kind of form in the first post ... something like this:

Mic:
    Box:
    Electrical System:
    Amplifier(s):
    Subwoofer(s):
    Vehicle:

It could just be a numbers thread ... no comments at all, just everyone filling out that form and just adding to it. If people wanted to ask questions they could always create a thread, search, or send out a PM or two ... No limit as to how many times you could post on there or anything, instead of editing your old post just add on a new one with your new results, or new equipment, or whatever. If people were interested they could always look back at your old post where you hit 145.6db and check your latest post to see what you changed to get 148.3db.

Would it work, probably not. Our prime example is the Classified section or the Product Review section ... I mean people don't real the rules in the Classified section, and they sure as hell don't read the announcement posted by the Administrator in the Product Review section. I mean ... if it's something a few people want, I don't mind going through and splitting out the posts that don't have a form filled out or whatever ...

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ss3079
    Unless you made up some kind of form in the first post ... something like this:

Mic:
    Box:
    Electrical System:
    Amplifier(s):
    Subwoofer(s):
    Vehicle:

It could just be a numbers thread ... no comments at all, just everyone filling out that form and just adding to it. If people wanted to ask questions they could always create a thread, search, or send out a PM or two ... No limit as to how many times you could post on there or anything, instead of editing your old post just add on a new one with your new results, or new equipment, or whatever. If people were interested they could always look back at your old post where you hit 145.6db and check your latest post to see what you changed to get 148.3db.

Would it work, probably not. Our prime example is the Classified section or the Product Review section ... I mean people don't real the rules in the Classified section, and they sure as hell don't read the announcement posted by the Administrator in the Product Review section. I mean ... if it's something a few people want, I don't mind going through and splitting out the posts that don't have a form filled out or whatever ...

- Steve
    Sounds great to me, eliminate the SPAM and have useable feedback.

All in favor!!!!!!!! (hanz-moleman says I)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So gay, nay, or yay ... your call here ... since it's your thread

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

somekook is offline only 15"s

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some Kook (10:25 PM): yea i get what youre saying. i think it would be a good idea, because everyones always looking for numbers.... and making a post format guide is a good idea to so that people dont forget to mention when they hit 120 dB's with four 15"s that it was because they got 1 watt each, etc.
    ss3079 (10:25 PM): True, fair enough
    ss3079 (10:26 PM): I'll make something and throw it up in that section for ya 
    Some Kook (10:26 PM): like you suggested.... then people could more easily take into consideration (most of) the importnt variables
    Some Kook (10:26 PM): ok, thanks a lot man.
    ss3079 (10:26 PM): No problem! 

looks like we'll be getting one any time now... excellent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thanks Steve..!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problem. I added one thing and went in and added it to your posts

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Bumpin' Yota is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

btw - let's try not to delete short to the point helpful posts?

I mean one of the BIGGEST fallacies I see all the time in most of car audio is the bs thinking that raising one's tuning through the roof is going to help spl. Once you go above about 50hz, it rarely if ever does... And where I post about non db number was for the benefit of everyone to increase their number....

Obviously something long and not so helpful should be taken out, but short to the point helpful stuff shouldn't imo. After all people are always complaining about how the top spl competitors wont talk about their system....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Start a new thread, PM him, get him on an instant messenger, whatever ... there's rules in that thread for a reason.

Personally, I'd much rather see you start a thread somewhere else and explain it in full detail, if you're willing. I've run into similar problems in the past.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
    btw - let's try not to delete short to the point helpful posts?

I mean one of the BIGGEST fallacies I see all the time in most of car audio is the bs thinking that raising one's tuning through the roof is going to help spl. Once you go above about 50hz, it rarely if ever does... And where I post about non db number was for the benefit of everyone to increase their number....

Obviously something long and not so helpful should be taken out, but short to the point helpful stuff shouldn't imo. After all people are always complaining about how the top spl competitors wont talk about their system....
    Im sure everyone including myself is grateful to take suggestions and help from a seasoned competitor such as yourself, but what makes your suggstions and points more valid then anyones elses. Not trying to step on your toes or ***** in anyway but if you do it, eveyones going to try to add some hint ect., helpful or not. Not to even say thats a bad thing, but Steve gave us the oppurtunity to help others and ourselves with this thread and it would be really great if it stuck to the criteria and EVERYONE adhered to the boldly posted rules,
    Im sure the kid your trying to help would love your help, just PM him or something, true that high tuning isnt the answer to everyones SPL dilemma, start a thread.
    Once again Steve, thank you. And, Yota thanks for the VALID suggestions, Im sure anyone who took notice of your point took note of it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast