Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Who Competes?

I'm just wondering who here competes? I mean do you build just to have what YOU think is a nice system? Or are you building to compete? From what I'm seeing there are fewer people going to events and competing. The support for car audio is lacking to say the least. How many here actually go and attend events? If you don't compete what is holding you back?

Chuck

System: Headunit, Drivers & Amps
    2011 & 2012 MECA Georgia State Champion Modified Street
    2011 MECA World Finals 2nd Place Modified Street
    2011 & 2012 MECA Team of the Year - Team Diyma

NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2819 Post(s)

Re: Who Competes?

Meca s2

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)

I used to, I held the local record for a long time and just got beat last year when I didn't attend. I switched to sq now though so doubt I'll compete again.

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

i2ain2thunder is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

I don't compete mainly because I'm building to have a great system not just to score high. But in SQ which is my build I guess they are one and the same thing somewhat. If I ever get my midbass drivers installed and my HO alt installed I'd consider going to a comp and competing in the sq category. I could compete SPL but I don't feel like damaging my subs.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5117 Post(s)

db drag street c and bass race 139.9. Competitor Stats: Team Audio Connection - Jim

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

I compete when I can (s5, s1, and sq modified this year) and also judge here in ohio.

What I've found is most are either a) scared to find out their score or b)scared to get beaten in competition. People on the forums talk a good game, but enjoy the ignorance of not having someone against them in a given division. Then there's learning and mastering the rules. I get people that say "I don't understand the fuse rules" and don't even try meca for that reason.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

bassrace 139.9 for me. i hit up as many as i can, time off allowed

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

stereo_luver is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestpenn View Post
    I compete when I can (s5, s1, and sq modified this year) and also judge here in ohio.

What I've found is most are either a) scared to find out their score or b)scared to get beaten in competition. People on the forums talk a good game, but enjoy the ignorance of not having someone against them in a given division. Then there's learning and mastering the rules. I get people that say "I don't understand the fuse rules" and don't even try meca for that reason.
    I was afraid of this. Most people THINK they have a good - great system and don't want to be judged for the fear of being told what is lacking in the system/sound. The judges are there for a reason. They give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. It HELPS you have a better system. You can ride around all day with what you think is a killer system. But have a trained ear have a listen and oops! You may be pulling a little to the left. Your midbass may be lacking around 125kHz. The stage may not be as wide as you thought. Where exactly is your center? Is your sub pulling you back to the trunk? Most of all are you afraid to be told what is wrong with what you are hearing?

Chuck

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stereo_luver View Post
    I was afraid of this. Most people THINK they have a good - great system and don't want to be judged for the fear of being told what is lacking in the system/sound. The judges are there for a reason. They give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. It HELPS you have a better system. You can ride around all day with what you think is a killer system. But have a trained ear have a listen and oops! You may be pulling a little to the left. Your midbass may be lacking around 125kHz. The stage may not be as wide as you thought. Where exactly is your center? Is your sub pulling you back to the trunk? Most of all are you afraid to be told what is wrong with what you are hearing?

Chuck
    Oh yeah, and the people that consider themselves sound quality are the hardest to bring out. Their automatic excuse is "well its subjective it sounds good in my opinion" but the judging standards are clear enough for fair, consistent judging.

But keep hope aive my man! I believe the competition scene can gro and be like the old days again if we judges and event directors put the time and effort into promoting and getting sponsors

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

i2ain2thunder is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

I just am not familiar with it and a little nervous about that. Never even been to one, do they tell you what category you should compete in and stuff, what music is acceptable do they play their own stuff like that I guess I just don't know a thing about them. That and I'm in MN not many comps here from what I understand. I don't know where to find info on when and where comps are stuff like that.

I just want to enter my ride, show up let them play whatever they want test it and give me the results, then check out other people's systems and demo my own maybe get lit/drunk and party a lil bit. It sounds like the prep work and music choice and stuff is a lot of work though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

i dont compete because there are no comps near me and i dont wanna spend 5000 on a stereo to put in a 2000 dollar car just for the sake of blasting out a 32 hz tone for 10 seconds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestpenn View Post
    Oh yeah, and the people that consider themselves sound quality are the hardest to bring out. Their automatic excuse is "well its subjective it sounds good in my opinion" but the judging standards are clear enough for fair, consistent judging.

But keep hope aive my man! I believe the competition scene can gro and be like the old days again if we judges and event directors put the time and effort into promoting and getting sponsors
    seems to me you guys are talking more SQ/SQL than you are SPL burps. most guys i know dont want to go to a comp with there daily drivers when they get put up against a guy who has perfected his burp system. makes it much less fun for first time guys.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.

stereo_luver is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I compete with my daily driver / work truck. I go up against $$$$$$$$$$ and I have a fraction of the cost in my ride and I do my own build and tuning. Yep I'm SQ/SQL but that shouldn't be any different from SPL since there are classes with rules.

Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

I compete with my daily driver / work truck. I go up against $$$$$$$$$$ and I have a fraction of the cost in my ride and I do my own build and tuning. Yep I'm SQ/SQL but that shouldn't be any different from SPL since there are classes with rules.

Chuck
    true, i meant as far as how the "sound of the system" was ya know. i compete in my dailr driver also, do my own build, do my own box, and spent my own money for everything in my car. so i know what ya mean

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Do I count in this conversation?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Tag List