Reload Thread: First SPL Competition

thehardknoxlife is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: First SPL Competition

Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    I strongly disagree with that unless it was totally sealed off...I think either sub up port up, or sub back port back

And as far as the carpet thing....thats news to me?

how do you figure?
    I''m no SPList but I know sound waves bounce off flat surfaces. If there is carpet on the surface that absorbs some of the waves then I would think it will hinder a few tenths on the meter.

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife View Post
    I''m no SPList but I know sound waves bounce off flat surfaces. If there is carpet on the surface that adsorbs some of the waves then I would think it will hinder a few tenths on the meter.
    thats what I figured is maybe it will "absorb" some of the sound waves, but 10ths as you said would be the most that I think would affect it

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

thehardknoxlife is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    thats what I figured is maybe it will "absorb" some of the sound waves, but 10ths as you said would be the most that I think would affect it
    Who knows, test and find out, but I know carpet won't help your score at all. Every little bit helps.

hunterw is offline whooodie whoooo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes t only tenths but can make a huge difference down the line, with a few more tricks tenths are a full dbs

hunterw is offline whooodie whoooo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but like i said you just have to test, and make sure you can hold good voltage. tose are the key ingredients, and a great box design

jco1385 is offline expert jcologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ON TOPIC QUESTION

just not related to the rest of the thread...

i'm gonna be in my first comp on sunday. question is, in a trunk car is it louder with sub forward, port forward with rear fold down seats, or should i leave it facing the rear?

obviously i want it as loud as possible. box will be at 30hz. alpine type x 12"

1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

BuckyBoy is offline Box Designer/Builder

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
    ON TOPIC QUESTION

just not related to the rest of the thread...

i'm gonna be in my first comp on sunday. question is, in a trunk car is it louder with sub forward, port forward with rear fold down seats, or should i leave it facing the rear?

obviously i want it as loud as possible. box will be at 30hz. alpine type x 12"
    I would say, sub and port forward with rear seats down. Don't have any experience with it though.

www.smith-customs.com
    Find Smith Customs on Facebook!

References: Vexter 0944, Lingerfelt, riddla, Exploder 97, dillinja666, king ranch, chopsu3i, bonesninja, sxkicker89, djessenz, hl26, btdickey99, JLMaster, jbirrd15, bones22, belbo, 99grandprixGT, woody89, viebotls, garrettpf, SPL140.2, alex5857, Pickler, simpsonbuck, Rickikaye69, Bettr n' Revrse, swollen_cu

jco1385 is offline expert jcologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBoy View Post
    I would say, sub and port forward with rear seats down. Don't have any experience with it though.
    i'm assuming the same. with my seat up (closed) and sup/port rear it's loud. but when i fold the seat down there is a quite noticeable difference. i'll give it a go and see what happens

1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

teedot231999 is offline Mr. Beat's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am glad I read this there is a lot of good info. Please forgive me I am not trying to thread jack but I need help and this thread is addressing the same issues I have and some. In july there is a car show and sound competition called Sound Clash and I would like to compete in this competition.. I drive a 94 chevy caprice and I will be running three DD3515 with the C motors.This will be my first competition unless I do one or two before this one which I should just to get a feel of what to do because I have never Burped a sub before or real competed in a sanction event like this. Anway This competition is broken down into three parts from what I was told,1.SPL 2. SQ 3.Street bass. My first question is should I add another DD sub? What type of enclosure should I use? Are fiberglass enclosures suitable for competion? My Subs watts rms is 1200 my amp pushes about 1400 watts per sub should I go higher than that? I plan to use an air ride setup in my car will the tank and compressor interfear with my bass output? How much does sound deadener play apart in my sound? If I were to spay second skins or cascade liquid deadener first in the car first then put dynamat extreme over the dried liquid deadener would that be to much deadener? Will lose or gain db's by doing it that way?
    My most important quesstion is how do you burp subs?
    Thanks

Team Sundown
    Alt: Iraggi 300amp
    Hu: Kenwood Excelon Kdc-x993
    Processors: Clarion eqs 746, epic center,
    Mids & Highs:still need
    Xover: AudioControl's Matrix
    Amp: Still need
    Subs: 2 Custom Nightshade 18's
    Amp: 2 Saz 3500d's:
    4th order bandpass with rear deck vent

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teedot231999 View Post
    I am glad I read this there is a lot of good info. Please forgive me I am not trying to thread jack but I need help and this thread is addressing the same issues I have and some. In july there is a car show and sound competition called Sound Clash and I would like to compete in this competition.. I drive a 94 chevy caprice and I will be running three DD3515 with the C motors.This will be my first competition unless I do one or two before this one which I should just to get a feel of what to do because I have never Burped a sub before or real competed in a sanction event like this. Anway This competition is broken down into three parts from what I was told,1.SPL 2. SQ 3.Street bass. My first question is should I add another DD sub? What type of enclosure should I use? Are fiberglass enclosures suitable for competion? My Subs watts rms is 1200 my amp pushes about 1400 watts per sub should I go higher than that? I plan to use an air ride setup in my car will the tank and compressor interfear with my bass output? How much does sound deadener play apart in my sound? If I were to spay second skins or cascade liquid deadener first in the car first then put dynamat extreme over the dried liquid deadener would that be to much deadener? Will lose or gain db's by doing it that way?
    My most important quesstion is how do you burp subs?
    Thanks

Lol dude, you either need to read up on alot of SPL build threads for basic design info, or find someone in your area that is a professional competitor to help you in your pursuit. Otherwise if you go to shops for help they'll rob you blind, and if you go to a comp without knowing what you're doing you might as well throw away your money and time somewhere else.

teedot231999 is offline Mr. Beat's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    Lol dude, you either need to read up on alot of SPL build threads for basic design info, or find someone in your area that is a professional competitor to help you in your pursuit. Otherwise if you go to shops for help they'll rob you blind, and if you go to a comp without knowing what you're doing you might as well throw away your money and time somewhere else.
    I don't want to compete professionaly I just want to do the Sound Clash competitom for fun. I really want to do just the street bass part. There are a few guys in my area that have cars like mine and they talk mad s*** about how there system is the loudest since we all will be at Sound Clash we could settle it there in the street bass competition.

Team Sundown
    Alt: Iraggi 300amp
    Hu: Kenwood Excelon Kdc-x993
    Processors: Clarion eqs 746, epic center,
    Mids & Highs:still need
    Xover: AudioControl's Matrix
    Amp: Still need
    Subs: 2 Custom Nightshade 18's
    Amp: 2 Saz 3500d's:
    4th order bandpass with rear deck vent

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3