Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Disqualified For Using An Ipod???

bball09124 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disqualified For Using An Ipod???

So, the three loudest cars in my class go before me, with the highest score being 143.0. I go up, and put up a 144.6, everybody was shocked. I was pretty happy seeing as how all of my competitors were sponsored by T&E and had been to tons of shows (judging by their trophies). Park the car, and the owner comes and tells me my score doesnt count because I used an Ipod instead of the HU. Try to argue my case, doesnt bother listening to me. I should have figured they were going to find a way to disqualify me just because I wasnt sponsored by their shop. Needless to say I'm never shopping there again. Your thoughts?

BTW, the scores nothing special, but pretty good for using only 1 12".

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551
    traded with: lorilee8284, Boominator
    sold to:ravens9322, Blinkdogo2, dbubble, Fusion_FREAK, oneill584, jrgreene1968

profundus-sanus is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Disqualified For Using An Ipod???

well, in db drag you can't use an ipod for burps.. well at least at multi point events. not sure about singles tho.

they didn't give you a chance to run again?

more details on the setup?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
    well, in db drag you can't use an ipod for burps.. well at least at multi point events. not sure about singles tho.

they didn't give you a chance to run again?

more details on the setup?
    check my thread i made for pics of the setup. it was ugly, but it was loud. 12" Fi SSD, Solid Audio F2500D @ .5. This wasn't sanctioned by any league, i.e. IASCA or DB Drag or w/e, just a local show at the shop (T & E Car Audio). The TL was used. They said i could run again if i hooked the amp up to the HU, but i would need to take apart the dash and all, didnt feel like doin that. I knew and the guys i beat knew i was the real winner, DQ or not, thats all that really matters.

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551

SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    check my thread i made for pics of the setup. it was ugly, but it was loud. 12" Fi SSD, Solid Audio F2500D @ .5. This wasn't sanctioned by any league, i.e. IASCA or DB Drag or w/e, just a local show at the shop (T & E Car Audio). The TL was used. They said i could run again if i hooked the amp up to the HU, but i would need to take apart the dash and all, didnt feel like doin that. I knew and the guys i beat knew i was the real winner, DQ or not, thats all that really matters.
    So how is your set-up connected? How is your amp not connected to your HU?

Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not sanctioned = they do whatever they want.

Simple as that.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    Not sanctioned = they do whatever they want.

Simple as that.
    yup. i knew it was no use arguing. i shouldve put some T&E stickers on my car if i wanted to win.

my amp was hooked straight to the Ipod with a dual RCA to headphone jack adapter.

BringDaBoom is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's phvcked up son. You got hosed, tommy. You got hosed.

They should've let you run again using a CD. Take it as a compliment. You beat their shyt and they had to take matters in their own hands to phvuck you over.

It doesn't take away your mark. You hit 144 and they can't take that away from you. phvck 'em

Headunit: Alpine IVA-W205
    Comps: JL C5 6.5's Comp Amp: JL 300/4v2
    Sub: 13W6v2 Sub Amp: JL 500/1v2
    Electrical: Kinetik HC1400
    http://audioadvisors.com/mobile.html<--Where I get my systems done
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2974395<-- Drop me a line
    http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...galleryid=3651<--Rate my system
    Refs-Louisiana_CRX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont surprise me, the locals around here are ****ing ***** when it comes to some guy coming in there with an underground speaker and spanking there ***...

I went into one just looking for a box for my 9515, there answer was, "Well we carry these treo subs and the dd designer came and started designing these and they are way better" after I had asked about a box? I told them I didnt give a rats *** about the treo and ask them about the box again and I wanted my amp flush with carpet, they said they couldnt do it for me. I then pulled out about a stack and asked them if that was what they had to see to actually talk to me respectfully and told them they could shove it up there ***..

That is why I like the smaller audio stores, they have more respect for you. Once they get so big they dont give a **** bc they know the next idiot will come in and buy there stuff

2- 3515's
    2- RD 1750v2's
    Critical Mass 5x7's
    2- C&D batts
    Box

Check thread for pricing

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, the dude was all nice to me at first because he thought he was taking my money. Then he copped an attitude with me ("How many shows have you been to? OKay then, thats what i thought".) when I was saying how rediculous the rule of not using an ipod is. like you guys said, theyre just mad cuz they got beat

JLa Obsessed is offline Just Florida Chillin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they probably also didnt like the fact that you beat them with a setup that you installed in a day

Setup: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Head Unit: Alpine IVE-W530
    Sub Amp: Gone but looking...
    Substage: 12W6V2
    Front: Stock
    Back: Stock
    Comp Amp: JLa 300/4
    All wired with 1/0awg Kicker
    Refs: haunther, mhuynh, wj94, quakerroatmeal, ozz, James Bang, LBC99, theblizzard2025, Amokie, j225, tsenfw, oxsign

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what i found hysterical was that no one noticed the battery in the front seat, i wouldve graciously accepted a DQ from that. i also accidentally rev-ed my engine to about 3,000 rpms because i couldnt hear the engine over the music, when the highest allowed was 1500 rpms. the two rules i broke didnt even DQ me.

ShiningBuick is offline NotLoudEnuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should've bought a LOC quick and just wired it into the closest speaker man.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, is there any unfair advantage to using an ipod opposed to a HU? the owner of the shop kept telling me an ipod put out a stronger signal then any HU, which i thought was BS. i asked if equalizers were allowed, he said yes, and i countered with most equalizer's functioning as line drivers and boosting the signal as well. later, i was thinking about those eclipse HU's with 8V preouts that would probably produce FAR greater a signal then that from an ipod.

DBDRAGGUY is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel your pain, few years back at car stereo wharehouse in Lexington, drove 70 miles to a 1x db drag. Tried to enter my SS 5-8 Astro, and as soon as they looked at my setup I was told I could not compete. The owner some fat phuck didnt want me showing up his customers and shops vehicles. This was the biggest load of **** I had ever experienced. I appealed to the Kenwood guys that were officiating the event and they told me there was nothing they could do. All in all the whole comps events were never reported and I guess everyone that paid never recieved there points.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

honestly I agree with the people in the tourney, car audio system includes a HU non a ipod that is hooked up to the rcas. You would be at an advantage because the HU would not be using any power. And yes ipod is putting out actual power I cant see how that is even safe for the amp.

Hyundai Tiburon
    Front: CDT EF-61CFi/25
    Rear: none
    Subwoofer: 10" Sundown Nightshade
    Box: Custom Box 1.6 cubes 36hz
    Speaker amp: Sundown 100.2
    Sub amp: Sundown 1500D
    Battery: Kinetik hc800
    TL: ??? will get it metered when its all finished
    Team: Sundown

Refs:
    JBLCAMRY, Bjfish11, Sundownz, Slammed, Grinder1989, lilmaniac2, exige, blackbonnie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast