Closed Thread

Reload Thread: MECA for me?

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MECA for me?

i was thinking about starting to compete in some spl comp, but i really don't know what i should do. i was thinking doing MECA, and then doing CS3 i think. my setup will be 2 15" k series powered by a USX-1000D. should i go with meca, or with iasca, or what? also, since i've never been to a comp before, do you guys use sine waves or do you play an actual song? one last thing, can you place the mic anywhere, or is there some set parameters as to where you can place it? thanks for all your help in advance

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    any help at all would be nice even if it's a "got no clue", at least then i know people are reading my questions

Brock is offline SEXYTIME!! NIIICE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    catch me online sometime..

Loyd L.

SQL Prolly

Geminidj2000 is offline The Bad Luck Kid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what ive herd the mic is placed on the dash 2. k series 15's........ how much does that put out? i thought the rms on the k series is low i think they play song and frequecy tests and give u a score for both usally u can go to your local car audio place and get a decible rating that way u know what youll hit beofre u get in the contest

1996 Ford Explorer
    H.U. Stock
    Front : stock
    Back: Stock
    Subs: 2 Image Dynamics IDMAX v3.
    Amp: Hifonics Hercules at 4 ohms (450 watts)

soon to come
    Kick Panles
    Clear corners
    Altezza Taillights
    200A Alternator
    componets

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Geminidj2000
    From what ive herd the mic is placed on the dash 2. k series 15's........ how much does that put out? i thought the rms on the k series is low i think they play song and frequecy tests and give u a score for both usally u can go to your local car audio place and get a decible rating that way u know what youll hit beofre u get in the contest
    uh, you mean you thought they can't handle that much right(not put out)? anyways, the k-series are rated at 400wrms but in reality can handle upwards of 1kw rms, or at least i've heard. loyd knows everything about them though.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah talk to loyd. he's a meca world champ so you can't go wrong. speaking of loyd if you read this before i get a chance to talk to you on AOL i need to holla at you bro.
    adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Closed Thread