View Poll Results: Should the Classifieds be divided into Sub-categories?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

205 89.91%
  • No

23 10.09%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

yes

CarAudio.com Admin is online now aka "goob"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Re: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
    Do you have the ability to keep the general section, as well as add the other sections? And if you do add sections, can you add a "package deal" section?

Maybe for the general section, you can make it so nobody can post a new thread in that section?
    I'm not for doing a general section. We either need to separate things, or do them all together. Calling it a Package Deal forum might be worth looking at

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it will make it easy to buy what your looking for.

k3n12ock is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Split it up!

CACO:
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2073

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    I'm not for doing a general section. We either need to separate things, or do them all together. Calling it a Package Deal forum might be worth looking at
    Alright, that'll work. The reason I wanted the general section to stay is that it is much easier to find stuff if you're the kind of person, like me, who isn't specific in what they are looking for. I would rather there be sections and no general though than no sections and only general. Hope that makes sense?

Definitely take heed on the Package Deal section. That way we can still post more than one thing at a time, given you (not you specifically) are like me and like to sell a bunch of different items at once rather than a bunch of single items.

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
    Alright, that'll work. The reason I wanted the general section to stay is that it is much easier to find stuff if you're the kind of person, like me, who isn't specific in what they are looking for. I would rather there be sections and no general though than no sections and only general. Hope that makes sense?

Definitely take heed on the Package Deal section. That way we can still post more than one thing at a time, given you (not you specifically) are like me and like to sell a bunch of different items at once rather than a bunch of single items.
    Yes, the way I would do it, in the Sub forum you can sale multiple subs in one thread. But not a sub and a amp in one thread. That would go in package deals or multiple item forum.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    Yes, the way I would do it, in the Sub forum you can sale multiple subs in one thread. But not a sub and a amp in one thread. That would go in package deals or multiple item forum.
    I say we call it the Multi-Item section? Not we, I mean you lol

when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMWDawg92 View Post
    that is true, it'd be nice to also have the option of just choosing the whole list like it is now as well as having seperate sections
    Can't that already be accomplished by using the "New Post" mod and then Classifieds section at the top of the pages in the navbar? http://www.caraudio.com/forums/searc...do=getnew&f=31

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coma_toast View Post
    Good idea but I would worry about all the 17yo trolls ruining your forum first.
    What about the over 40 trolls?

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

CrispedUp is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I voted yes. I am sure making it into sub categories, would possibly boost up activity on here.

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

splitting things up is good in one way, but makes it a major pain if your just looking for good deals or just want to browse through everything.

now that all the caco ppl are here seems like a lot of them want to make ca more like it was. personally i think some of it should be left alone.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    splitting things up is good in one way, but makes it a major pain if your just looking for good deals or just want to browse through everything.

now that all the caco ppl are here seems like a lot of them want to make ca more like it was. personally i think some of it should be left alone.
    See my above post on viewing everything at once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

No doubt that everyone agrees with that statement. But definitely some, not all of it should be left alone. The classifieds change will not hurt anything, if anything it will help. The Dome couldn't get any better honestly, unless there was a section for 18+/nsfw stuff. Now I'm not saying that the Dome is necessarily fun anymore, what I mean by "it couldn't get any better" is that the way it is set up is great. Pictures allowed, no moderation, just like the Dome should be. If the community would stop with all this homo nonsense, it might be more fun.

Since I did bring it up, any chance you could make a NSFW/18+ section in the Dome? Just a thought

indytrucks is offline Konichiwa *******!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This has nothing to do with the CACO/ CA rivalry thing. Whatever that even is. But it DID work well on CACO so why wouldn't it work here just as well. If something works somewhere else should it not be considered just because you don't like that place?

Team DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indytrucks View Post
    This has nothing to do with the CACO/ CA rivalry thing. Whatever that even is. But it DID work well on CACO so why wouldn't it work here just as well. If something works somewhere else should it not be considered just because you don't like that place?
    Comparative Advantage ngas

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast