View Poll Results: Should the Classifieds be divided into Sub-categories?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

205 89.91%
  • No

23 10.09%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

CarAudio.com Admin is online now aka "goob"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Re: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I do see an issue though. Many people have numerous items for sale and all in one add. It would take a good deal more bandwidth and time with them all broken down into their own threads.
    Thats the biggest problem I see, is listings with many different items. They will have to go in a special forum. Multiple say subs for sale can go in the sub/speaker forum of course. If someone doesn't do it this way, it will just be their lost sale, since it won't get noticed.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

CL1CKCLACK is offline CarAudio.com Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

goob, sending you a PM about another matter

1996 Mitsu Clipse GSX 450whp
    1997 Eagle Talon TSI

refs:
    wes007parks, ridinswangaz, madmat, treylittlefield, mendezm9
    MHD2000, RetroAudioInc, power-fanatic07, Carnivorous18, Spltuscon
    Ridinhi, Wingsfreak9, Pro-Rabbit, 2000LaDe, nom nom
    DBBOOM, hrtbrk1, dgaf_, dirtbikkerrob, Nik592, SkylineTT

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

How about a section for package deals??? That would be a nice way to clear things up

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

MORALESPITS is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good idea

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i like how all these 11ers just over from caco think this is a good idea right away, lolz

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Each way has it's pros and cons. The way it is now, you can search and find things in all categories. The proposed way you have such narrow results to search from, like for subs especially, if theres a sub category for each size.

I still want it split up just because it saves time and hassle, but I do see your point about multi item ads.

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS | UNDER CONSTRUCTION |

Sold to: jrouter76, MCarme, hunterw, jaysmooth, serpent710, stereohead69, Ridinhi, RuinedAng3l, EriCCirE, big nick, Slayerx, soloXgt, its10v1
    Bought from: lilmaniac2, cd6551, jalverson

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    19 (95%)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

I'm on another forum that deals with it in a similar way.

They have the FS/WTB section separated into various sections like you are talking about. However, you have an option to look into a general FS/WTB area were all posts show up. The only disadvantage that I didn't like was I was told they could not separate the FS/WTB in the general area.

indytrucks is offline Konichiwa *******!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know my vote goob. You're a good man, I don't care what the rest of these heathens say

Team DOA

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The way I see it, if you were the buyer, the easier it is to find what you're looking for the better. It's just a matter of keeping it regulated.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indytrucks View Post
    You know my vote goob. You're a good man, I don't care what the rest of these heathens say
    Ha, you don't know me too good now.

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    Ha, you don't know me too good now.
    Do you have the ability to keep the general section, as well as add the other sections? And if you do add sections, can you add a "package deal" section?

Maybe for the general section, you can make it so nobody can post a new thread in that section?

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

LaserRed38 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it's worth trying out...

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Audison LRx5.1k - Hertz MLK 2 TM - Hertz ML1600 - Hertz HX300
    Audison Wiring - Optima Red Top - Dynamat Extreme
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez
    [Traded with] James Bang, MovnZ28

Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plugitin View Post
    Why? Who cares? It would be nice if OP had the option to delete posts in his own thread.

I like the fact that if someone wants to ask a bazillion dollars for something that is worth ten, i can step in and say so.

I know that OP being able to delete posts in his thread would probably get out of hand, maybe if it could be limited to certain people with good feedback and sell alot, it would be nice. Again, im not sure its do-able though.
    I know I'm nobody here, but it's not your place... It's still post dumping

It's a buyers market, if you don't know what you are buying or haven't done your research, maybe you shouldn't be buying it... If someone DOES buy it and they are a sucker FOR buying whatever, it's on that person, not you..

Do you spend time sitting in front of the local car dealer or audio shop, telling people there is a better deal down the street??

same difference... jus sayin post dumping is post dumping regardless..

I DO have an idea though... Maybe a "report post to moderator" button... If there is something funky goin on, hit the button, mod takes a look, nobody is the wiser, no post dumping....

EDIT: I see there IS a report post button, but it could be a lot more obvious in the sales section or something...

Stage 5 - 00'/02' Impreza RS/WRX -
    The Artist must educate the Critic

iTrader DIYMA... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=7023
    iTrader NASIOC... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1026

Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I voted yes, it will streamline everything for the buyer, not so much the seller with mutiple items that would usually get dumped in one post.. but the buyer, oh hellz yes.. lol..

Stage 5 - 00'/02' Impreza RS/WRX -
    The Artist must educate the Critic

iTrader DIYMA... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=7023
    iTrader NASIOC... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1026

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron'z 2.5RS View Post
    I voted yes, it will streamline everything for the buyer, not so much the seller with mutiple items that would usually get dumped in one post.. but the buyer, oh hellz yes.. lol..
    That shouldn't be a problem either, with multiple different items in a post, since they will go in a different forum. Labeled "Complete Car Audio Systems/Multiple Items" possibly.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast