View Poll Results: Should the Classifieds be divided into Sub-categories?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

205 89.91%
  • No

23 10.09%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Reload Thread: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

I wouldn't have included the word "classifieds" at the end of each subforum (The entire section is the classifieds, we would understand if the sub sections just said "Amplifiers, Speakers, etc") but now that's just a little flaw. I also would have probably included a forum specifically for non-working equipment (blown woofers, blown amps, etc). I'm sure everyone is going to have something they would change so I'm not too worked up about it

Thanks Goob

Annnarbor84 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

Thanks Goob!!

CarAudio.com Admin is online now aka "goob"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    I wouldn't have included the word "classifieds" at the end of each subforum (The entire section is the classifieds, we would understand if the sub sections just said "Amplifiers, Speakers, etc") but now that's just a little flaw. I also would have probably included a forum specifically for non-working equipment (blown woofers, blown amps, etc). I'm sure everyone is going to have something they would change so I'm not too worked up about it

Thanks Goob
    At first I wasn't going to include "classifieds". But, with the SEO utility we use and also for flat out SEO purposes, we needed to add it. It will also help eliminate posting in the wrong section. Eg, someone getting the "Subwoofers" forum in the classifieds confused with "Subwoofers" in the general discussion forum...

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    At first I wasn't going to include "classifieds". But, with the SEO utility we use and also for flat out SEO purposes, we needed to add it. It will also help eliminate posting in the wrong section. Eg, someone getting the "Subwoofers" forum in the classifieds confused with "Subwoofers" in the general discussion forum...
    Ah, you make a good point. I could see a lot of new people signing up then heading straight into the classifieds to ask questions...Still think maybe a non-working section would be good. Or even just maybe a subforum within a subforum. Like inside the "Amplifier Classifieds" you have a "Blown Amplifiers" section?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    Ah, you make a good point. I could see a lot of new people signing up then heading straight into the classifieds to ask questions...Still think maybe a non-working section would be good. Or even just maybe a subforum within a subforum. Like inside the "Amplifier Classifieds" you have a "Blown Amplifiers" section?
    That might be the best. I've thought about it though and I think just put the broken items in the respective sections. Broken amp in the amp section. I don't see it as causing a big issue.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That might be the best. I've thought about it though and I think just put the broken items in the respective sections. Broken amp in the amp section. I don't see it as causing a big issue.
    this.

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Maybe post a poll about it?

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Major Improvement! Thanks!

D.D.Q.F.

Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yep, that's what I did. Like I said, not a major complaint just a suggestion, obviously others disagree so no worries

Bob Saget is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    -2 (33%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

goob is doing work

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hey Goob, what do you think about locking for sale threads after the item has been sold? It saves a ton of time when your looking for something because you don't have to go through 5 pages of posts in an ad just to find out on the 5th page it's sold. If the OP is required to report it as sold and the mods just lock it then it can still be looked at later for reference. Just a thought...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

It is possible to allow sellers to close their threads in the classifieds. That could be an option...

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It is possible to allow sellers to close their threads in the classifieds. That could be an option...
    Yeah if you could allow the sellers to close the threads themselves that would be even better, it would take some of the work load off the mods (if you were to implement that rule)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

It can be put in on a per forum basis, so that sounds like it could do well and eliminate alot of wasted time.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

obviously we wouldn't want that for the feedback forum.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast