Reload Thread: SPL Meter forsale

Street DreamsCC is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SPL Meter forsale

TerraSonde Audio Toolbox
    comes with portable unit/built in RTA w/mic - no need for any computer, 180DB mic, big display, and stand.
    Whole kit was $1800 new, I found just the meter referb online $999
    I paid $800 for it and had a $300 update done when I got it and used it only a copule times.
    It was 7dbs higher then the Termlab consistantly. These can actually be adjusted and changed to read 7dbs lower. Got this when the first Termlab system started coming out that was like $1200. This didnt require a computer to be lugged around and very portable.
    This has RTA (with MIC), signal generator, speaker polarity, and tons more......

BIG DISPLAY- not pictured is the stand

INFO:
    Now in its second generation, TerraSonde’s Audio Toolbox Version 2 is a collection of DSP-based maintenance tools that any studio will find useful. The original Audio Toolbox Version 2 is compact and lightweight and covers a wide range of useful functions. Other versions include a rackmount model and a handheld “Plus” version.

The Toolbox performs so many functions that it would be difficult to detail them all, so I will describe the primary functions and discuss the unit’s overall performance. As acoustics is my specialty, I have concentrated on those functions.

THE HARDWARE
    The standard box measures 5.5x9.5x2.5 inches, weighs only 2 pounds and is made of molded plastic with a 2.4x1.75-inch backlit LCD screen. A single knob switches between programs and is used to make parameter adjustments and data entries. A calibrated microphone is built into the unit, but you can also connect any measurement mic. The box seems rugged, although I typically wrap the unit in bubble-wrap when shipping. It can be powered by a removable battery pack (six AAs) or a wall wart power supply.

Inputs and outputs are mounted on the sides of the box. Balanced XLR, 1/4-inch and RCA left and right inputs are available. There is one MIDI input and two MIDI outputs, along with a single headphone jack, a small built-in speaker and single RCA, 1/4-inch and XLR outputs.

THE SOFTWARE
    The main menu offers four functions: Acoustic Analysis, Test Functions, Session Helpers and Utilities. Six submenus under the Acoustic Analysis menu include Sound Level Meter, Real-Time Analyzer, Energy Time Graph, Reverb Decay Time, Polarity Tester and Noise Criteria.

The Sound Level Meter function measures loudness in standard dB SPL units. It is a true RMS measurement, using ANSI Type 1 standard display time averages with A, B, C and flat weighting networks. Averaging modes include Slow, Fast, Impulse, Peak and LEQ. LEQ is used for computing equal-weighted SPL averages over a long period (for you OSHA types). The internal or external mic can be selected, with two sensitivity ranges available. Measurement data is presented as both a numeric readout and a bar graph. Full control of the signal generator is available directly from the Sound Level Meter screen. Selectable waveform types include sine and square (frequencies are adjustable) and white or pink noise.

The Real-Time Analyzer looks at the sound spectrum in 1-, 1/3-, 1/6- and 1/12-octave bands, with good resolution although the screen is tiny. Data can be viewed in a full-bandwidth window of 20 to 20k Hz as well as a low-frequency 10-to-332Hz window, a useful view that covers the area of most critical analysis. A variety of averaging times is provided for exponential or equal-weighted time averaging. The display is adjustable in 5dB increments with a 35dB window range from top to bottom, offering a wide picture of spectral activity. The low end of the scale is 25 dB with the maximum being 170 dB. One cool “extra” field gives a variety of useful additional information, such as the band that has the highest momentary level (Hz max), the full-band SPL level (dB SPL), the A-weighted SPL (dBA SPL), or the C-weighted SPL (dBC SPL). To assist in setting surround 5.1 monitoring systems, two more fields measure dBL SPL and dBm SPL. dBL shows the average SPL level of the subwoofer bands (as defined by Dolby Labs), 25 to 125 Hz, while dBm SPL shows the average SPL of the nonsubwoofer bands. I tend to rely more on the spectrum display for subwoofer calibration, but this feature offers a handy correlation. Forty nonvolatile memory locations for storage can be recalled in the Toolbox or transmitted to a PC or Mac for printing. Data parameters for the recalled memories can be adjusted for critical analysis.

The Energy Time graph displays the initial delay time from the sound source and the subsequent decay pattern in the room. This is useful for finding room reflections, identifying resonances and aligning delay systems. The data can be viewed as time or distance, with the measurement units displayed in milliseconds, feet, inches, meters or centimeters. (I did not find a frequency display effective.) The capture window is adjustable for the measurement units. For example, in milliseconds, the window ranges from 15 to 960. This is handy for controlling the amount of detail you need. Moving the cursor across the screen displays the time (or distance) for that point numerically, along with the dB level relative to the maximum value received. This lets you find room reflections in units of distance. While the program is running, you can zoom in on areas of the chart for more detailed analysis (15ms window). You can store 40 graphs in nonvolatile memory with the same functionality as the RTA.
    The Polarity Tester function is worth its weight in gold—a decent tester costs $250 to $300 alone—and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found studio speaker components out of phase! Toolbox lets you test mics, patchbays and anything else in the studio with an innie and outie. Since it’s tethered to a cable, the one-piece unit can be a bit restrictive when “popping” speakers, but this is a minor inconvenience. If you have older gear, remember that Toolbox is a pin-2 positive unit. Three separate setups are programmed into the polarity tester for testing speakers, microphones and line-level equipment. A signal strength meter lets you adjust volume levels to get a good reading (most other testers can give false readings at improper levels).

The Noise Criteria function is used to determine the background noise level in a room, according to ANSI specification S12.2-1995. In operation, the room noise is divided into octave-band divisions, and the acoustic level of each band is computed in dB SPL. Then, the results are compared to standard noise criteria curves and a single value is determined from the highest curve number that any octave band exceeds. Also, the Speech Interference Level (SIL) can be computed. This value is the average dB SPL level of four octave bands centered on 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz and 4 kHz. SIL is also defined in the ANSI standard that specifies Noise Criteria. These functions don’t mean much to the average studio owner but are necessary for comprehensive field measurements.

TEST FUNCTIONS
    The Test Functions submenu offers Signal Generator, Level Meter/Frequency Counter, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Sweeps, Sample Scope and a Distortion Meter.

The Signal Generator offers a control surface for acoustic measurement programs and creates waveforms used in testing, audio analysis or recording. Output levels for sine and square waves, white noise and pink noise can be adjusted in fine and coarse modes, while the unit displays the actual output level present, including loading from the device connected to the outputs. A Polarity Waveform feature lets users test polarity within a circuit; an Impedance Meter function is also provided.

A QUESTION OF ACCURACY
    The real value of test equipment is not how many functions it performs but whether it performs those functions easily and accurately. I tested the internal mic calibration with a B&K 4231—it was spot on. I then put the Toolbox next to a B&K 2260 Investigator and a Meyer SIM System II. While the majority of readings looked pretty good, I did find a couple of discrepancies with readings between the Toolbox and both the B&K and SIM. I talked to TerraSonde about this, and they said these issues had been addressed in the upcoming software version—these guys are dedicated to the box and respond well to feedback from the more than 1,000 Toolbox users in the field. However, one problem not yet addressed involves using the RTA with the internal mic. I saw a bump at 13 kHz that I attribute to the mic proximity to the body of the Toolbox (the bump did not show up when an external mic was used). I recommend using a good measurement mic for critical HF evaluations.

Although the box comes factory-calibrated, the Setup and Calibration modes allow you manipulate a vast number of system features. Beware: Unless you’re a pro with great equipment, you don’t want to mess around with this, but it’s useful for calibrating external microphones.

There is not space here to describe all of the Toolbox functions, such as Session Helpers (Instrument Tuner/Tempo Computer/MIDI Helper/MIDI Transmitter/Time Code Tools/Hum Cancellation) and Utility Functions (Monitor Amp/Cable Tester/Phantom & Battery Power Tester). A detailed description of these can be found at www.terrasonde.com.

$500.00 which is cheap really

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

2006 DB DRAG World Finals
    2007 DB DRAG World Finals

SplEnduro.com SPL competition

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160
    apsrdncln on other forums

Blaze383 is his friend "buying/selling same stuff"

PioneerSPL1990 is offline IM FER REAL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: SPL Meter forsale

Bump for a ****** meter i've used one of there units before for testing.

REFERENCES: Bland, TeamXSSChris, TBH1 SOLD TO: Therum, JKD, Talon09, Thorshammer1, Delan, psychoacoustics, rosshimself13, splaffair, hoboham, dvldogyut, undeadxsunshine, big_way32, perfectcircle, aeroportspwn, kraudio12, biggen_bd, Aldundra, SoCalBean420, ludeman, carlos_g313, JOHNJOHN485,beatnbronco,mecabassboy, HelloImBobBOUGHT FROM: t3audios_160sdbjeep, DefJ, twistedchild420, bassAddictJ, Infamous_e46, benzmansl65amg, sub2weeker, RetroAudioinc x2, SPLBlazer, TeamPSI, SPLAUDIO, orangecounty1, akmarcos20gauge TRADED: banginbigdodge, One Bad MOFO, Ge_off_me.
    I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what do you do with it though? where are the sensors? does it have ones you can stick the the window etc or you have to hold it there?

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

SWFL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want to know how close is this to the TL?

REFS-
    Bought from-Basscort2009, Exige, Mobeious, cutdawg84, Galaticmonkey, mrwigglezdj, jack0409, DC_Power_Rob, dappa5, blkbeater
    Traded with-Dbboom
    Sold to-Busabob, acubsfan, integra88, bigbear, armed, jb513, mindjob360, pickup1, bushj311, callitdone, lysfys, Treads4heads, larnerj, grassroots, alex5857

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWFL View Post
    I want to know how close is this to the TL?
    info was above all you need to do is read it
    It was 7dbs higher then the Termlab consistantly

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleBechtold View Post
    what do you do with it though? where are the sensors? does it have ones you can stick the the window etc or you have to hold it there?
    Not a sensor, it is a MIC

you can use suction cup to attach to windshield or mic stand......

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You want 500 for it. Are you sure. Thats it. Really???????????

stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

picture of the diafram?

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioatg View Post
    You want 500 for it. Are you sure. Thats it. Really???????????
    why do you want to pay more?

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    picture of the diafram?
    It is at a DB Drag judges house and he will not take it apart sorry.

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160

Corey J. is offline Not loud enough....

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have one of these at the shop . Used it for local shows to make people feel better about their scores , LOL ! Its very consistant and there are settings to make it closer to the TL but for all it does its not a bad price at all .

2008 and 2009 National Champion SS5+
    Certified score - 165.0 dash + 165.5 in kick
    Team Kinetik
    Memphis Car Audio

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corey J. View Post
    I have one of these at the shop . Used it for local shows to make people feel better about their scores , LOL ! Its very consistant and there are settings to make it closer to the TL but for all it does its not a bad price at all .
    Hey Corey how you been......
    Considering I paid $800 and had another $300 upgraded software done no $500 isnt bad at all. Less then half what I got in it. Used it when I was running my Caravan and it was consistently 7db higher then the TL

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160

stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Street DreamsCC View Post
    It is at a DB Drag judges house and he will not take it apart sorry.
    good luck on the sell then

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Street DreamsCC View Post
    why do you want to pay more?
    O no. Im just saying that is a SMOKEN deal

I have used this mic before. Great tool. Can be used for hosting your own shows. And or taking it to a show and use it before runs to tune. So easy to use. So easy to set up. Buy this ppl.

So bump for you. If I didnt have a TL, Id buy this in a heart beat.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

back up I just went and picked it up today from his house. So it is sitting right here.

Street Dreams Car Club
    96 BERETTA Z-26
    93 GRAND CARAVAN SE

TEAM NEW YORK

Apsabr = SCAMMER $160

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast