Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Ethical traders Vs Scamming pondscum traders

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ethical traders Vs Scamming pondscum traders

Quote Originally Posted by mtdewelf
    GREAT plan but execution would be nearly impossible, not to mention that the seller could claim that merchandise was not damaged upon shipping and try to make middle man look like scammer. Also middle man could really cause some chaos if decides to go scammer. I mean King was somebuddy that before he went south might have been taken into consideration for middle man.
    The middle man would consist of at least 2 well established members.

Quote Originally Posted by Expy2K
    *** Miami they no chance in HELL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Expy2K
    Shaq will be outta breath by the 2nd and Howard will lock down Wade just as he has done before

Scamming

There is a lot of scamming that goes on at this site. Use caution when dealing with everyone no matter how many references they have. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Just because they had a few transactions go smoothly before, doesn't mean they aren't out to get a quick buck the next time.

mtdewelf is offline addicted

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedMember
    The middle man would consist of at least 2 well established members.
    even then, ANYONE can be swayed. I personally would do it w/o a doubt, just stating the facts. Over days/weeks etc. someone can basically be a different person with different morals. No question that peoples beliefs change little by little daily, mostly for the better but WHAT IF's are very important in something like this. My main concern would be for the middle men actually being "attacked" by seller or possibly buyer. Either party can lie and try to pin on middle man, this is where we have the problem becuase to eliminate scam by blaming middle man we have to never doubt.

Basically to fix the only real problem(blamage of middle man) we possibly create another

Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

great write up prowler.....I think the biggest thing people need to use is common sense!!

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

even then, ANYONE can be swayed. I personally would do it w/o a doubt, just stating the facts. Over days/weeks etc. someone can basically be a different person with different morals. No question that peoples beliefs change little by little daily, mostly for the better but WHAT IF's are very important in something like this. My main concern would be for the middle men actually being "attacked" by seller or possibly buyer. Either party can lie and try to pin on middle man, this is where we have the problem becuase to eliminate scam by blaming middle man we have to never doubt.

Basically to fix the only real problem(blamage of middle man) we possibly create another
    Those are very valid points but the inbuilt protection there is that the "middleman/men/whatever you care to call them" never actually has their hands on the product. All they are doing is holding the money until the buyer is satisfied with their purchase. Where I think Phat is trying to go with this wouldn't leave too much (if any) wiggle room for the 3rd Party escrow facilitators for abuse. As they would never have their hands on the actual product(s) being traded the onus for proof of reasonable displeasure regarding said products would lay initially on the buyer.

It would go something like this:
    A thorough review of the thread in which the item(s) were originally sold would have to be made to see in what condition the item(s) were presented for sale.

The buyer would then have to provide some form of proof that the condition the items were advertised to have been in isn't the condition in which they arrived on the doorstep of the buyer. Assuming said proof was reasonably provided then it would be up to the seller to somehow prove that the unsatisfactory condition that said purchase arrived in was, in fact, not how that purchase departed the seller's immediate control.

I would not at all feel comfortable with being a Judge, Jury, and Executioner so to speak were there a dispute to arise. I think demanding that both the buyer and seller be a part of that mediation process in the event of some kind of dispute would largely eliminate the possibility of the 3rd Party enacting any sort of abuse or favoritism. Certainly there are bugs to be worked out before the proposal is presented to Goob and/or the moderation team but I do genuinely believe that Phat and I are on the right track with the idea in general.

I greatly appreciate your input as well.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good idea, it's just not going to happen.

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13
    Good idea, it's just not going to happen.

nG
    working on a deal right now that we are going to be using a middle man, i think.

Maybe it won't be a forum "rule" to do it but if more of an option.

Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

working on a deal right now that we are going to be using a middle man, i think.

Maybe it won't be a forum "rule" to do it but if more of an option.

ConcernedMember and I have no desire to make it compulsory to use this 3rd Party service that we are proposing but rather offer it as an option if one or both parties involved in any given trade has any degree of uncertainty about going ahead with the deal.

Requiring it to be used would be nothing short of ludicrous. As I clearly outlined in the opening post to this thread the percentage of ethical transactions going on here vs the ones that would or should cause someone to take pause is considerably higher (thankfully).

It is these exceptions to the rule for which we would offer a 3rd Party escrow-type service.

bamaboy is offline War Eagle!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alot of buying, all you have to do is use common sense, which im sure most people are aware that for some people on here its limited

04 Explorer
    Kenwood DDX812
    RF 3Sixty.2
    T6004
    T4002
    T40001bd
    Hertz MLK-2 running Active
    Hertz HCX165
    4x DC Audio LVL 4 12"s

Summer 09' Build...Operation:Pull Wall out, put new subs in DONE!
    Build
    Photobucket
    now with video

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573
    ConcernedMember and I have no desire to make it compulsory to use this 3rd Party service that we are proposing but rather offer it as an option if one or both parties involved in any given trade has any degree of uncertainty about going ahead with the deal.

Requiring it to be used would be nothing short of ludicrous. As I clearly outlined in the opening post to this thread the percentage of ethical transactions going on here vs the ones that would or should cause someone to take pause is considerably higher (thankfully).

It is these exceptions to the rule for which we would offer a 3rd Party escrow-type service.
    my comment was for ngsm since he said it's a good idea but won't happen. It WILL happen but the problem will be that some newer people won't know the difference from reputable people from the people with high post count. In my deal we are going to use nick from SI and have no worries.

Honestly i wasn't clear on CM and your details but now that i understand i see small problems that are possible but nothing like what's happening now.

o. l. t. is offline The Audio Whisperer

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am very surprised to see no one has mentioned using a local. The interweb is nation wide and I have used a local many times to check merchandise. It may cost you $20 to bribe a local (or just to be nice and give them a few bucks), but I've given $20 before to have a reputable forum local member check out a product, especially if expensive.

If Joe Blow has an amp for $400 and Jim Local is an established member and can check it out, $20 is dang good insurance on a $400 purchase.

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if goob implemented the trader rating settings? Its not a sure thing, but *could* potentially help. Its Ebay style ratings, with the availability to make a description of how the transaction went...Smoothly/some bumpiness/bad/etc.

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
    What if goob implemented the trader rating settings? Its not a sure thing, but *could* potentially help. Its Ebay style ratings, with the availability to make a description of how the transaction went...Smoothly/some bumpiness/bad/etc.
    That wouldn't bother me at all. I cannot see it bothering anyone else, either (excepting those that wish to trade dishonestly and those are the ones we're attempting to weed out so who really cares if they don't like it?!? )

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LoL

Weve been using it on Maxima.org and V6P for quite some time and to be completely honest it has helped. Even if it only saves a few people it did its job.

Refs:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it saves only 1 single person from getting wrongly separated from their hard-earned cash it did its job IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heres some of the hack info if anyone wants to introduce it to him. Although Im sure hes active on VB.org..

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...trader+ratings

Refs:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast