+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Reload Thread: Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5721 Post(s)

Re: Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseinBass View Post
    Was going to put a pair of 5” prv neos in pillars but that’s just too big and in the way of view out windshield so I have a pair of faitalpro 3” neo that I could do in pillars pretty easy so my have to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why not put the mids/tweeters up high in the door panel?
    You have some 10" midbass?

ChaseinBass is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    we have our volume on the head unit at maxed, chose 1 volt, all the speaker/sub levels are at -3.5 to -7 db levels. Volume controlled by phone's volume knob. Gains are at 20-40% tops.
    Gains ? Gains on amps ? Set with o scope or just turned a little less than half way ?

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papermaker85 View Post
    Why not put the mids/tweeters up high in the door panel?
    You have some 10" midbass?
    Not really anyplace big enough left and I have a pair of Anarchy’s 7 s midbass in each door already.

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7919 Post(s)

Gains ? Gains on amps ? Set with o scope or just turned a little less than half way ?

Just before the speakers are stressed.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Ok thanks going out to play with it now

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

Nah, I am really liking the three way and tweeters are not bridged yet either, that amp has a bad channel so I gotta get another one soon and either make some rca cables or buy some nice ones cuz I got a freakin mess of Y cables and rca cables back there now I gotta get cleaned up . I got a lot of learning to do to get this tuned but I will get it I think. Also I just kinda guessed on gain settings so I prob need to get them all matched I don’t have them turned up to high right now. But I am thinking I need to do that first before I try to start heavy tuning ?

Any idea how/why the 1 ch doesn't work on your amp? I discovered on my 4 ch amp, one channel quit working also. Thought it was my speaker but turns out the channel doesn't work anymore (it used to)....I'm baffled. But, the rest of them work fine.

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    Any idea how/why the 1 ch doesn't work on your amp? I discovered on my 4 ch amp, one channel quit working also. Thought it was my speaker but turns out the channel doesn't work anymore (it used to)....I'm baffled. But, the rest of them work fine.
    No idea at all ? It made some terrible noises and quit while I was driving one day. I expected to have a bad speaker or wire something along those line but it was the amp. I took it apart and checked to see if it was maybe a rca connection broke loose so re soldered and still nothing ? I am going to replace it soon. Sell you it cheap and you can use it for a good 3 channels to add to yours ?

The Camry is offline Hey, I Try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1347 Post(s)

Not really anyplace big enough left and I have a pair of Anarchy’s 7 s midbass in each door already.

I mean. I see quite a few places. Would take glass work tho. Could modify the dash and possibly hvac system or build center console with mids. Seen it in the 150+ builds.

Remember. You dont need barely any airspace in 200-300hz and up range. Think about how small enclosures can be for 4in mids. Its SLIGHTLY bigger for 6.5s.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7919 Post(s)

Yeah, you dont need any airspace at all in the A pillar. Shrink that sh*t, but if you cant, then you can do the 3-4 incher Hopefully thats big enough to hit your ear's G spot

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

No I am back on the 5”s I was making mounts for the 3” and said screw it I will make pillars for the 5 s (only an inch bigger on each side right )and I can put 3” in first so I can see how they sound ( just for curiosity) and then cut them out for the 5”s and to know I could use them if the pillars for the 5” bother me being so big.I started on them last night.

Got to go get fiberglass resin and chop mat today or tomorrow and get them done hopefully this weekend .

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Camry View Post
    I mean. I see quite a few places. Would take glass work tho. Could modify the dash and possibly hvac system or build center console with mids. Seen it in the 150+ builds.

Remember. You dont need barely any airspace in 200-300hz and up range. Think about how small enclosures can be for 4in mids. Its SLIGHTLY bigger for 6.5s.

Ya I meant in the doors and I don’t want to hack up the top half of the door panels just yet. I like some of the things you did with yours like the kick panels and dash top pods and almost went with dash pods but will try this first. I would love to have kicks like yours but it is my work truck and I think they would get trashed pretty quickly down there, I got big feet lol ! And the E brake thing But who knows maybe I will look at it to put bigger mids in later. I really wanted to try to build sealed doors project like you did but couldn’t put them into the doors anyway the Anarchy’s are almost touching the glass now. The windows rolled down all the way go to the bottom of the doors. I bet they sound great ? Mine are sealed into the treated doors ( not just mounted to the panels) and do pretty good but would love to hear them sealed.

The Camry is offline Hey, I Try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1347 Post(s)

Ya I meant in the doors and I don’t want to hack up the top half of the door panels just yet. I like some of the things you did with yours like the kick panels and dash top pods and almost went with dash pods but will try this first. I would love to have kicks like yours but it is my work truck and I think they would get trashed pretty quickly down there, I got big feet lol ! And the E brake thing But who knows maybe I will look at it to put bigger mids in later. I really wanted to try to build sealed doors project like you did but couldn’t put them into the doors anyway the Anarchy’s are almost touching the glass now. The windows rolled down all the way go to the bottom of the doors. I bet they sound great ? Mine are sealed into the treated doors ( not just mounted to the panels) and do pretty good but would love to hear them sealed.
    Anarchys are IB anyway. You dont wanna seal them.

Couple of off the wall ideas.

Get midbass that can do well up to 1000hz. Then do HLCD horns. They have sensitivity of 106 or some insane number but are a whole nother level. You must have a dsp and tuning to get them to work right.

Underseat midbass seem to work up to 300hz or so because of wavelengths. bmws have them built into the frame. You could possibly run 10s under the seats and mids where your Anarchy’s are now.

wew lad is offline wew lad inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2892 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKuthe View Post
    I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudz View Post
    Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wew lad View Post
    Ya I saw those ? Think they would sound good down there ? And also wondered about them not being sealed up ? I actually liked them for what they are.

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

No idea at all ? It made some terrible noises and quit while I was driving one day. I expected to have a bad speaker or wire something along those line but it was the amp. I took it apart and checked to see if it was maybe a rca connection broke loose so re soldered and still nothing ? I am going to replace it soon. Sell you it cheap and you can use it for a good 3 channels to add to yours ?
    Appreciate the offer man.....but someday I'd like to buy some new amps. That's gonna be hard w/o my wife bitching about it!!

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast