Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

JL 6w3v3 underseat midbass madness

2010 Nissan Rogue, dual JL Audio 6w3v3 4ohm.

Pics:

'some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth.'

...Well said.

2. Likes Slo_Ride liked this post

NSTALN is offline Dismember

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Re: JL 6w3v3 underseat midbass madness

'some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth.'

...Well said.

4. Likes ChaseinBass liked this post
    Slo_Ride is offline Take It Easy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2784 Post(s)

I love Cool Whip.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    I love Cool Whip.
    Me too…ever since I was a kid.

Fantastic containers for little glass projects too.

...Well said.

7. Likes Slo_Ride liked this post
    Jeffdachef is offline Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5966 Post(s)

ever thought about tactile transducers?

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    ever thought about tactile transducers?
    I gave them a little thought…but I already had the 6w3's…I've never heard/felt TT's in action.

Half of the reason I did this project was just to see if I could actually pull it off.

These are kind of an omen of things to come with this install…I was able to squeeze these under the seats…

…next project will be to somehow pack (2) JL 900/5's, (2) small Kinetik batteries, (2) ginormous AudioFrog crossovers, 4way power and ground distro, 15 inch TC1000 w/glassed sealed box…all under a false floor…while KEEPING the spare tire and jack etc.

…that is going to be a real fuckin challenge.

...Well said.

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3558 Post(s)

Pretty neat install on those lil itty bitty subs there NSTALN.....not very often you see midbasses under the seats.

Have you tested them out yet?

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 coming soon...
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    Pretty neat install on those lil itty bitty subs there NSTALN.....not very often you see midbasses under the seats.

Have you tested them out yet?
    Thanks…they were a bisch to get in…the drivers side hit a small snag as I didn't account for the electric seat motor it has that the passenger side does not

As a result the DS box isn't in the car at the moment…but with just the single 6w3 playing its really a different experience.

They are subwoofers but they're quite small and the boxes are quite small (.2 cubes)…as you can imagine the low-end roll-off is naturally quite high (somewhere in the 40's maybe 50's) so they're not ground-pounders…but they really fill out the lower portion of the mid bass…and give it some 'oomph' that door mounted drivers can't always deliver as well as really bringing the bass much more up-front…kick-drum impacts are instant and tactile…and are really omni-directional.

I know that proper TA of the sub and standard midbass can make bass appear up-front…but this just feels/sounds different…and so far even with limited testing I'm really pleased with the extra presence it provides.

...Well said.

ChaseinBass is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    664 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NSTALN View Post
    Thanks…they were a bisch to get in…the drivers side hit a small snag as I didn't account for the electric seat motor it has that the passenger side does not

As a result the DS box isn't in the car at the moment…but with just the single 6w3 playing its really a different experience.

They are subwoofers but they're quite small and the boxes are quite small (.2 cubes)…as you can imagine the low-end roll-off is naturally quite high (somewhere in the 40's maybe 50's) so they're not ground-pounders…but they really fill out the lower portion of the mid bass…and give it some 'oomph' that door mounted drivers can't always deliver as well as really bringing the bass much more up-front…kick-drum impacts are instant and tactile…and are really omni-directional.

I know that proper TA of the sub and standard midbass can make bass appear up-front…but this just feels/sounds different…and so far even with limited testing I'm really pleased with the extra presence it provides.
    Thats cool as hell and an awesome idea. How thick do you have too make the fiberglass ? Sure beats trying to make them work in doors I bet. Keep us posted when you get them both in. Nice work!

Pioneer Prs80, Amps, PPI.900.4 and Taramps 15000 HD, CDT HD-2/BLs and 2 pr Anarchy mids, two 18 team FI s 4 group31 Black Cherry Batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple alts

13. Likes Slo_Ride liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseinBass View Post
    Thats cool as hell and an awesome idea. How thick do you have too make the fiberglass ? Sure beats trying to make them work in doors I bet. Keep us posted when you get them both in. Nice work!
    Thanks…not sure how many layers…4-5ish…the glassed area is about 1/4 thick.

...Well said.

15. Thanks ChaseinBass thanked for this post
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    976 Post(s)

Bloody well done.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Austin175 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

Very nice what you plan to do after these are done?

2003 Lancer ES
    H/U- Pioneer 880prs
    Mids/Highs- ????
    Sub Stage- DC Xlm2 12s(soon to be FI BTL Neo's)
    Mids/Highs Amp- Crescendo 1000C4
    Sub Amp- 2 Ampere 3800.1s
    Wiring- Welding 2/0, Welding 4g & Welding 8g
    Alt-????
    Batteries- 4 Xs Xp3ks & 1 Lithium
    Enclosure- 3.33Cf tuned to 34hrtz

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3558 Post(s)

The rest of his install lol

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 coming soon...
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Bloody well done.
    Thank you sir!

I'm really looking forward to having both of the 6w3's and the TC1k running....but time, $$, weather keeps delaying more work.

Why can't the world revolve around me feeding my car audio obsession?

Is that really too much to ask?

...Well said.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Austin175 View Post
    Very nice what you plan to do after these are done?
    Well...the plan (at the moment and always subject to change because I'm crazy) is:

I currently have AudioFrog GB25's in custom pods in my sail panels, I also have AF GB10 tweets in custom spherical pods on me A-pillars (each set of drivers is run through AF GB2510c passive crossovers).

I am running a pair of AF GS693's (midbass only) in the front doors and a single Audiomobile MASS 12 sealed for sub duty...all this powered by a JL 900/5 and processed by an Alpine PXA-H800 and factory Bose head unit.

As good as it sounds at the moment what always bugged me is that people like to tune to the drivers head position....well this sounds great if you're the one driving...it sounds 'off' to everyone else in the car. So it's kinda hard to show-off/demo your 'amazing' multi-thousand $$ stereo...that only sounds good from one spot.

There has been quite a bit of chatter in car audio forums about surround sound and creating a soundstage for both of the front seats utilizing a center channel and surround sound capable processor. So I decided to try that route...

My Rogue Bose stereo has a factory provision for a 3.5 inch center speaker...with a lil modification I was able to fit an AF GS42. I have a set of AF GS62's for rear fill (I have yet to install those in the rear doors). I will be moving the GB25's into the upper door area (see pics here: AudioFrog, Audiomobile, JL Audio, KNU Concepts...false floor and sub enclosure ) and moving the GB10tweets and pods to the sail panel. I will be replacing the GS693's with GS60's(at some point). I will be replacing the 12 inch Audiomobile with a 15 inch TC1000. I'll be adding a second JL 900/5hd for power and I'll need to add a couple small batteries to support it all.

On the processing side of things I will have 8 channels to work with and Alpine divides the surround as follows:RT FT high, RT FT low, LT FT high, LT FT low, center, RT rear, LT rear, sub. So I'm gonna have to get a little creative...

The FT RT and LT high will drive the GB25's/10's, the center will cover the GS42, the FT RT and LT low will drive the GS693's, the rears will drive the GS62 pair and the sub signal will be split to both of the 900/5s' sub channels. One of the sub channels will power the TC1000 15, the other sub channel will power the 6w3's under the seats.

So (2) amps, (8) channels, (12) speakers.

Pics of the recently modified center:

...Well said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List