+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: My install's coming along nicely

LosIsATool is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7256 Post(s)

Re: My install's coming along nicely

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKuthe View Post
    One CAN have only a single stereo input from a HU to a DSP, but why then did Alpine design and build a HU with six outputs and a DSP with six inputs? Funny how no one here can answer for me that question.

And in fact, you COULD only have ONE input to a DSP and let the DSP do all the signal splitting, etc. for it's multiple outputs.

John Kuthe...
    Do you think they design HUs with the idea of hooking up a DSP? The outputs(preamp) on the HU is F/R/Sub. With a DSP, EVERY DSP they only need a single full range.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

JohnKuthe is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1099 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LosIsATool View Post
    Do you think they design HUs with the idea of hooking up a DSP? The outputs(preamp) on the HU is F/R/Sub. With a DSP, EVERY DSP they only need a single full range.
    I'd be fascinated to know exactly how my Alpine HU does it's internal signal splitting up between it's SIX RCA outputs. I'm pretty sure the two subwoofer outputs are simple low pass filters. And I know the INPUT to the HU is simple recorded stereo signal separation. But what and how does it generate front and back signals so separate and distinct they require separate RCA outputs? This I do not know, but I'm gonna run with it because I trust the engineers who designed this HU kinda knew what they were doing.

And I KNOW that once you get a signal into a DSP it can do anything with that signal it is designed to do with it. I'm an Electrical Engineer, remember? I learned how to design many simple digital and analog circuits and I know what signal processing is, and it's vastly complex.

John Kuthe...

2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II"
    Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp
    Alpine PDR-V75 secondary amp
    4 Alpine SPR-69 6x9" midrange
    2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!
    JL Audio 12TW3-D4 400W TW3 Thin-Line Series 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer set to 2 Ohms
    Damplifier Pro, BQuiet and Luxury Liner Pro sound deadening, lots!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7256 Post(s)

I'd be fascinated to know exactly how my Alpine HU does it's internal signal splitting up between it's SIX RCA outputs. I'm pretty sure the two subwoofer outputs are simple low pass filters. And I know the INPUT to the HU is simple recorded stereo signal separation. But what and how does it generate front and back signals so separate and distinct they require separate RCA outputs? This I do not know, but I'm gonna run with it because I trust the engineers who designed this HU kinda knew what they were doing.

And I KNOW that once you get a signal into a DSP it can do anything with that signal it is designed to do with it. I'm an Electrical Engineer, remember? I learned how to design many simple digital and analog circuits and I know what signal processing is, and it's vastly complex.

John Kuthe...
    You are the absolute dumbest Electrical Engineer I've ever seen.

It's sending the same info to the rear it sends to the front. It just gives you a fader

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1099 Post(s)

You are the absolute dumbest Electrical Engineer I've ever seen.

It's sending the same info to the rear it sends to the front. It just gives you a fader
    And you know this how? Yes, seems very simple but how do you KNOW this? Separate dedicated isolated from each other F and R preamp signals, or just a simple signal splitter off each of the two simple stereo source L and R preamp circuits??

You are probably correct. But I doubt you KNOW this 100% as a fact from the EVIDENCE of how the internal preamp HU circuits are designed and built. I think you are just accepting this as fact with little to no corroborating objective EVIDENCE, which is what I call "belief": accepting as fact with little to no evidence.

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp
    2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!
    JL Audio 12TW3-D4 400W TW3 Thin-Line Series 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer set to 2 Ohms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7256 Post(s)

And you know this how? Yes, seems very simple but how do you KNOW this? Separate dedicated isolated from each other F and R preamp signals, or just a simple signal splitter off each of the two simple stereo source L and R preamp circuits??

You are probably correct. But I doubt you KNOW this 100% as a fact from the EVIDENCE of how the internal preamp HU circuits are designed and built. I think you are just accepting this as fact with little to no corroborating objective EVIDENCE, which is what I call "belief": accepting as fact with little to no evidence.

John Kuthe...
    It's called 25 years of doing it over and over. Also the FACT music is only recorded in 2.1. Again, doubt us all. If that all you are going to do please for the love of god, go away.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

NSTALN is offline Dismember

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

One CAN have only a single stereo input from a HU to a DSP, but why then did Alpine design and build a HU with six outputs and a DSP with six inputs? Funny how no one here can answer for me that question.

And in fact, you COULD only have ONE input to a DSP and let the DSP do all the signal splitting, etc. for it's multiple outputs.

John Kuthe...
    That is correct....which is why I stated that the inputs can be configured to match your output configuration. I also own the PXA-h800 and the RUX.

When the input config is set to 5.1 you can use all of the outputs from your multi-channel RCA output headunit. In that config all channels will be considered 'AUX 1'.

Also correct a single optical input can be used withe the PXA-h800.

**I will add a quick note that the PXA may have (6) physical RCA inputs and your standard HU may have (6) physical outputs, these do not actually correspond intentionally as 'channels'...by this I mean when in 5.1 input config the PXA accepts inputs for front left(1), front right(2), rear left(3), rear right(4), center(5), sub(6). The output RCA's allow for (8) channels; FL high, FL low, FR high, FR low, RL, RR, Center, Sub. **

'some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth.'

...Well said.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1099 Post(s)

It's called 25 years of doing it over and over. Also the FACT music is only recorded in 2.1. Again, doubt us all. If that all you are going to do please for the love of god, go away.
    Remember quadraphonic sound? I do, back in the late 1970's. It was a failed attempt at expanding the "stereo standard" to four discrete and distinct sound channels. And while I was merely a teenager I had the idea of an EIGHT channel audio system which could reproduce a moving audio signal in a room so spatially accurately it would sound on playback like the object emitting the sound was moving around in the room, and would that not have been really cool. Born to be an EE I suppose.

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

Souldrop is online now *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

Born to be an EE I suppose.

John Kuthe...
    But yet you're not a EE...You're a RN because apparently you couldn't hack being an EE or a programmer.

2016 Scion iM *In Progres*
    H/U - Stock
    DSP - Fosgate 3sixty.3
    Sub - Sundown Mini Neo 12"
    Amp - Fosgate T1000-BDCP

JessyBoy86 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

I can't see what you're trying to do with this setup....but why the hell do you have RCAs going to the dsp and others straight to the amp ?
    You just need a pair of full range RCAs from the HU to the DSP and then you dispatch everything from the DSP to all amps....im new to all this and i know what to do cuz it's kind of basic knowledge and i listen to what people here tell me. I wont ever hire a drunk "instaler guy" to do stupid things like this and rely on him.

You really need to cut the EE bullshit and listen to what real experienced dudes here has to say ! You only need to use all those RCA inputs in case you need all of those to build a full range signal for "x" reasons, like you might have to do with high level inputs for your speakers.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3582 Post(s)

Remember quadraphonic sound?

Ever heard of 7.1 surround? It works ONLY when recorded with 7 channels and mixed for that sort of playback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Ever heard of 7.1 surround? It works ONLY when recorded with 7 channels and mixed for that sort of playback.
    Not completely correct. Mine does 7.1 with logic 7. It's upmixed. Sometimes it sounds right and sometimes it don't.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3582 Post(s)

Not completely correct. Mine does 7.1 with logic 7. It's upmixed. Sometimes it sounds right and sometimes it don't.
    So basically it doesn't really work if the source material isn't recorded for that many channels. I've used "mixed" "surround" and IMO it sounds garbage when compared to a proper stereo setup.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1099 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JessyBoy86 View Post
    I can't see what you're trying to do with this setup....but why the hell do you have RCAs going to the dsp and others straight to the amp ?
    No, I'll have all six of the RCA outputs from my Alpine CDE-153BT HU going straight into the six RCA inputs of my Alpine PXA0H800 DSP. None of the outputs from my HU will be going to the speakers as they are right now.

You just need a pair of full range RCAs from the HU to the DSP and then you dispatch everything from the DSP to all amps....im new to all this and i know what to do cuz it's kind of basic knowledge and i listen to what people here tell me. I wont ever hire a drunk "instaler guy" to do stupid things like this and rely on him.
    Yes but again I ask YOU, why does my Alpine CDE-153BT HU have SIX RCA outputs and my Alpine PXA-H800 DSP has SIX RCA inputs? Aha! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7256 Post(s)

So basically it doesn't really work if the source material isn't recorded for that many channels. I've used "mixed" "surround" and IMO it sounds garbage when compared to a proper stereo setup.
    It depends. I unhooked the rears because it was normally nothing. Some tracks would have a bit more depth. One day I'm going to do every channel.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1099 Post(s)

True audiophiles eschew ANY and ALL signal processing, digital or otherwise. Analog only, as hi fi as they can get!

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast