+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 57 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: My install's coming along nicely

Jeffdachef is online now 160 db farts n sharts

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5182 Post(s)

Re: My install's coming along nicely

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKuthe View Post
    What's your talent? Vocals, or do you pay an instrument?

Oh, you just play with equipment! Yep! EXPENSIVE EFECTS!!

I played a big sheet of Masonite for the Intro to one Cheep Effects song, and hit the second harmonic as the pace picked up and we all went into the meat of the song!

John Kuthe...
    actually I was in a metal band in high school rhythm guitar, 5 years old was put to playing the piano as well. Also mixed some EDM music DJing for parties with a tractor pro as well in college. However car audio is the only hobby that surpassed all that. Now that your tangent is out of the way, the more important issue at hand is. You are a prick and your system su(ks and will always su(k with your autotune noob sh*t. end of story.

09 Sienna Subs : 4 hdc3 18s c pillar below windowline Sub amp: ampere tfe 8.0 at half ohm.
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Mids/Highs amp: PPI 900.4
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX tweets, alpine type R 6x9 midrange in doors + Crescendo PWX 10s in the kick
    320 amp Singer alt. 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

JohnKuthe is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    actually I was in a metal band in high school rhythm guitar, 5 years old was put to playing the piano as well. Also mixed some EDM music DJing for parties with a tractor pro as well in college. However car audio is the only hobby that surpassed all that.
    Yeah, my son was in a Metal Band too. Plays bass guitar and a little piano. Metal! What an excuse for an insecure male ego! I used to have one of those! I'm a Rock and Roll baby, but I discovered Jazz a few years ago and never went back, although I still enjoy my old music. Punk Rock a lot, the REAL Punk Rock! Damned, *** Pistols, Iggy, New York Dolls, etc. I;m not into much of that "popular" radio music to much. Never have been since I discovered much better music!

John Kuthe...

Souldrop is online now *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    539 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKuthe View Post
    Never worked specifically as an EE, so I just know EE theory, no professional experience, I did computer work for IBM for 7 years. I have a CS degree too. My school called CS and EE "computer engineering" and I got both Bachelor's degrees.

Now I'm an RN though. Much harder to outsource direct patient care!

John Kuthe...
    Yeah about that...

If you have issues finding a job with a EE && CS degree something must be terribly wrong with you.

7 yrs experience + a EE and or a CS degree you should be knocking back decent money with plenty of job security not scurrying to get a RN degree due to "outsourcing"

2016 Scion iM *In Progres*
    H/U - Stock
    DSP - Fosgate 3sixty.3
    Sub - 10" TC9 in 1ft^3 tuned to ~25 Hz (passive radiator)

4. Likes jRi0T68 liked this post
    LosIsATool is online now DD subs are the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Souldrop View Post
    Yeah about that...

If you have issues finding a job with a EE && CS degree something must be terribly wrong with you.

7 yrs experience + a EE and or a CS degree you should be knocking back decent money with plenty of job security not scurrying to get a RN degree due to "outsourcing"
    Sounds like either BS or he's a ****** EE. Which is pretty obvious here

Fuck you papermaker

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    DD SW2508sc
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    Batcap

Jeffdachef is online now 160 db farts n sharts

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5182 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LosIsATool View Post
    Sounds like either BS or he's a ****** EE. Which is pretty obvious here
    bet you he's a homeless guy living inside his van visiting this site from a library computer

09 Sienna Subs : 4 hdc3 18s c pillar below windowline Sub amp: ampere tfe 8.0 at half ohm.
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Mids/Highs amp: PPI 900.4
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX tweets, alpine type R 6x9 midrange in doors + Crescendo PWX 10s in the kick
    320 amp Singer alt. 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

staan is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

****, he said his son has an insecure male ego,

well if I had known you plugged in some rca's on some old pro audio equipment and banged on a piece of building material I would have had more respect for you. you are truly talented.

8. Likes jRi0T68 liked this post
    jRi0T68 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Holy hell, this manchild is absurd and full of himself.

Here's a thought, John...
    A lot of us here have and/or have had some very nice, very expensive builds. Those builds require a lot of time and money. Money comes from well-paying jobs. Jobs with a decent salary require education, usually. Yes, many of us here are probably very well educated, with a ton of real-life professional experience.

I don't need to cite my degree or which university I attended. Nobody here gives a **** about that. Those here who have legitimate, relevant knowledge display it without saying it just by helping others and carrying themselves with some slight hint of maturity.

Stop trying to tout alleged and quite possibly fake credentials. Also, having an RN is a far cry from being a mental health professional. Try some humility. Try taking real advice without argument. You just might end up happier with the exact same, or less, time and money into the project.

Or, take Jeff's idea and kill yourself. Either way.

10. Likes Metalbob, SocMunky, Jeffdachef, Chrisrizzy liked this post
    Dislikes LosIsATool disliked this post
    Chrisrizzy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

I still love how he claims to know so much about car audio and thinks it's a good idea to place amps in some enclosed space. You guys think he runs some overpriced wiring claiming it's the best?

John Kuthe, you are the definition of an askhole. You seek advice and do the opposite or argue.

Shame about your son...

Most importantly, the fact that you sign every post with "John Kuthe..." p*sses me the f*ck off.

John Kuthe...
    John Kuthe...
    John Kuthe...
    John Kuthe...
    John Kuthe...
    John Kuthe...

JessyBoy86 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    your [email protected] is stinking up the place everywhere again with every fking idiotic posts you get about how your butt plug is on too tight at night or how your [email protected] beads get lost in your @sshole.
    ahahah !! i'M dying ! man you made my day !! funniest sh*it i've ever read on that forum !

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrizzy View Post
    I still love how he claims to know so much about car audio and thinks it's a good idea to place amps in some enclosed space. You guys think he runs some overpriced wiring claiming it's the best? ...
    No, the custom RCA connectors I ordered may not be the best, they were just a recomendation of my installer guy's so I went with it to save myself from having to solder a bunch of new RCA plugs onto the KnuKonceptz's RCA cables my installer guy ordered for my install. I was investigating how hard it would be to solder on new RCA plugs after cutting the KnuKonceptz's RCA wires down to correct length when my installer guy told me of a firm he knows that makes up custom RCA cables, so I went with them so we could go onto other installation tasks.

And I know **** well in the Stow-n-Go storage bins is not the best place for amplifiers due to the lack of free air flow for amp cooling. But it IS a good place to mount them to save usable cargo/camping/sleeping room in the back it Baby II! So I'm gonna make it work!

John Kuthe...

Flipper245 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Btw auto tune is a waste of time. There is too much going on in a vehicle for it to work properly. Reflections, path length differences subwoofer distance is never right, subwoofer phase shift. Then the tune is trying to tune to a setting that might not be right for you. Every time you try to tune with the mic in a different spot, like a couple inches different, the tune changes. Then there's the mic. Is it calibrated? Do you know how much a real tuning mic costs that is properly calibrated? Then there's slew rate of your equipment. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff. You're the engineer though so you should know all this.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper245 View Post
    Btw auto tune is a waste of time. There is too much going on in a vehicle for it to work properly. Reflections, path length differences subwoofer distance is never right, subwoofer phase shift. Then the tune is trying to tune to a setting that might not be right for you. Every time you try to tune with the mic in a different spot, like a couple inches different, the tune changes. Then there's the mic. Is it calibrated? Do you know how much a real tuning mic costs that is properly calibrated? Then there's slew rate of your equipment. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff. You're the engineer though so you should know all this.
    There are a zillion variables, I know this. Automobiles are perhaps the worst environment in which to set up a very high fidelity electronic sound reproduction system. I know this! Yet we all do the best we can with what we've got!

John Kuthe...

Chris McNeeley is offline Red Light Ear Rapist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

You mean you pay other people to do the best they can with what you have. Why dont you respond to the thread created for you?

2013 Subaru Legacy B-Pillar
    Hertz+Crescendo+CDT Tweet's
    2 Crescendo un-6.5's + 4 pwx 6.5's
    4 Soundqubed HDC4 18's Gen 1's @ .5
    2 Crossfire 800.4 Controlled by Ampere JM1
    5 XS Power D3400's + 6 battcap 2000's + Singer 270

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McNeeley View Post
    You mean you pay other people to do the best they can with what you have. Why dont you respond to the thread created for you?
    I'm done with that thread created for me.

Today is a milestone of my install! Amps nailed down and DSP raised another 3/4 inches and nailed down also!

Funniest thing too with the new 0AWG dedicated ground! Big amp does not get hot at all! Small amp still gets acceptably warm (just) So I did not measure the amperes going to the big amp. Evidently that ground we had found under 19mm bolt up under the back wall of the Stop-n-Go seating storage pit WAS a ground by continuity, but maybe not a good power handling ground and somehow was causing the big amp heat up unacceptably!! Once again stressing the importance of a GOOD ground! And only two better grounds than the battery neg post: alternator case and car chassis!

Installer guy got one of the dash speaker wires run but we ran out of good speaker wire so ordered some more and have that to do next week. And the cool custom purple RCA cables made by DroppinHZ, which will be shipped to me soon!

My crummy little audio system is almost functionally installed! Yay! :-)

John Kuthe...
    Last edited by JohnKuthe; 10-20-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Custom made RCA cables from DroppinZ's just arrived!

May have to order more Y-splitters. I really need 4 pairs to fully enable my smaller amp, the Alpine PDR-V75 amp. Plus I don't know if the physical range between my two amps can be easily and neatly reached with the Y-splitters shown. Yeah I could go out and see, and think I will! Test fit!

John Kuthe...

2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II"
    Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp
    Alpine PDR-V75 secondary amp
    4 Alpine SPR-69 midrange
    2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!
    Alpine SWR-t12 4 Ohm sub
    Damplifier Pro, BQuiet and Luxury Liner Pro sound deadening, lots!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 57 ... LastLast