+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: My install's coming along nicely

LosIsATool is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7450 Post(s)

Re: My install's coming along nicely

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKuthe View Post
    No, I'll have all six of the RCA outputs from my Alpine CDE-153BT HU going straight into the six RCA inputs of my Alpine PXA0H800 DSP. None of the outputs from my HU will be going to the speakers as they are right now.

Yes but again I ask YOU, why does my Alpine CDE-153BT HU have SIX RCA outputs and my Alpine PXA-H800 DSP has SIX RCA inputs? Aha! ;-)

John Kuthe...
    Every DSP has 6 inputs. Not every HU has 6 preamp outputs. Again. Read the manual.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

2. Likes Souldrop liked this post

JohnKuthe is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LosIsATool View Post
    Every DSP has 6 inputs. Not every HU has 6 preamp outputs. Again. Read the manual.
    What of so much importance will I find in the manual?

John Kuthe...

2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II"
    Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp
    Alpine PDR-V75 secondary amp
    4 Alpine SPR-69 6x9" midrange
    2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!
    JL Audio 12TW3-D4 400W TW3 Thin-Line Series 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer set to 2 Ohms
    Damplifier Pro, BQuiet and Luxury Liner Pro sound deadening, lots!

jRi0T68 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)

No, I'll have all six of the RCA outputs from my Alpine CDE-153BT HU going straight into the six RCA inputs of my Alpine PXA0H800 DSP. None of the outputs from my HU will be going to the speakers as they are right now.

Yes but again I ask YOU, why does my Alpine CDE-153BT HU have SIX RCA outputs and my Alpine PXA-H800 DSP has SIX RCA inputs? Aha! ;-)

John Kuthe...
    The reason why your HU has 6 outputs is because most people aren't going to run a DSP. The 6 outputs are so one can get a signal from the HU to an amp for subs, and front and rear channels to a 4 channel amp.

When a DSP is involved, this becomes redundant, as the DSP can process those separately. FFS, this would be obvious if you had one quarter of the education that you claim.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jRi0T68 View Post
    The reason why your HU has 6 outputs is because most people aren't going to run a DSP. The 6 outputs are so one can get a signal from the HU to an amp for subs, and front and rear channels to a 4 channel amp.
    Makes sense. Yep, and I have 4x1 Alpine amps, so they are a perfect if redundant match!

When a DSP is involved, this becomes redundant, as the DSP can process those separately. FFS, this would be obvious if you had one quarter of the education that you claim.
    I assume you mean't "can't" rather than "can". YUGE difference! ;-)

And then I ask YOU as I have asked several here, then WHY does my Alpine PXA-H800 DSP have SIX RCA inputs?

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp
    2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!
    JL Audio 12TW3-D4 400W TW3 Thin-Line Series 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer set to 2 Ohms

jRi0T68 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)

No. The DSP most definitely CAN process the full range signal into separate sub, front and rear. When you can comprehend that, maybe we'll explain why a DSP has multiple inputs.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7450 Post(s)

Makes sense. Yep, and I have 4x1 Alpine amps, so they are a perfect if redundant match!

I assume you mean't "can't" rather than "can". YUGE difference! ;-)

And then I ask YOU as I have asked several here, then WHY does my Alpine PXA-H800 DSP have SIX RCA inputs?

John Kuthe...
    You will find out once you get into the software. And the **** manual will tell you

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

staan is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

cause it does dolby 5.1 and dts, so it can take analog signal for all those channels, fr c fl rr rl sub. It really depends on how you want to control the fading and balance, in the owners manual it does show connecting all rca's from the hu to the processor like I thought. but it also shows various other ways to use the inputs if your running video players and other crap.

9. Thanks hispls thanked for this post
    Likes blazian87 liked this post
    NSTALN is online now Dismember

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)

John Kuthe...
    I answered this in an earlier post...the 6 outputs DO NOT 'match' the 6 physical inputs in the PXA...the sub output of your Alpine HU is mono...it happens to ride a pair of RCA's...if you run the PXA in 5.1 input mode (which you need to do if you want all RCA's as you propose) one of the inputs is designed for center info. You may be able to assign that input to go to 'sub2' then run both outputs to the same amp inputs, but it doesn't really gain you anything. Anyways...your 6 put on your Alpine HU are NOT the same as the 6 inputs on the PXA. Previous note:

**I will add a quick note that the PXA may have (6) physical RCA inputs and your standard HU may have (6) physical outputs, these do not actually correspond intentionally as 'channels'...by this I mean when in 5.1 input config the PXA accepts inputs for front left(1), front right(2), rear left(3), rear right(4), center(5), sub(6). The output RCA's allow for (8) channels; FL high, FL low, FR high, FR low, RL, RR, Center, Sub. **

Build Logz, check em out:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634311-nstalns-build-logz.html#post8918473

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's

NSTALN is online now Dismember

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)

The main advantage of running multiple input RCAs into the PXA is if you're not using the RUX...with the RUX you can control fader, balance, and sub control...if not using the RUX you can configure multiple input mode (5.1) and have all that control from your HU and still have all the processing power of the PXA.

Build Logz, check em out:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634311-nstalns-build-logz.html#post8918473

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's

Souldrop is offline *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

John Kuthe...
    I want to say this has been answered already, but one reason your DSP (as well as most DSPs) has 6 inputs is occasionally a signal is split up into highs, mids, and low and it requires more than 2 channels to construct a full signal. This is generally an issue for stock systems in which a crossover slope is applied near/at the front end. One could also argue so you retain fader and balance controls, but really if you're in the DSP crowd you likely won't ever touch those since it will throw off your tune.

...As an aside someone may run into the extremely esoteric scenario where 1 DSP isn't cutting it and he or she thinks they need 2 DSPs where the multiple inputs can come in handy...SQ people can be crazy sometimes.

In short a DSP generally has 6 channels to remain flexible. One would think someone with your illustrious background wouldn't need so much holding of the hand. ;-)

2016 Scion iM *In Progress*
    H/U - Stock
    Sub - TC Sounds TC9 @ ~28 Hz
    Amp - Helix B2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7450 Post(s)

The H800 like the MS-8 will process surround sound with a single full range signal. With 5.1 there is no fader. The rears are covering the out of phase L/R information. And the Mono information goes to the center channel. I would advice from my experience, if you are not running a center stick to no rears.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LosIsATool View Post
    You will find out once you get into the software. And the **** manual will tell you
    And you WON'T tell me, which is why you're a... ;-)

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU
    Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
    Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7450 Post(s)

Being told many times and your lack of comprehension is the same thing.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6980 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Souldrop View Post
    I want to say this has been answered already, but one reason your DSP (as well as most DSPs) has 6 inputs is occasionally a signal is split up into highs, mids, and low and it requires more than 2 channels to construct a full signal. This is generally an issue for stock systems in which a crossover slope is applied near/at the front end. One could also argue so you retain fader and balance controls, but really if you're in the DSP crowd you likely won't ever touch those since it will throw off your tune.

...As an aside someone may run into the extremely esoteric scenario where 1 DSP isn't cutting it and he or she thinks they need 2 DSPs where the multiple inputs can come in handy...SQ people can be crazy sometimes.

In short a DSP generally has 6 channels to remain flexible. One would think someone with your illustrious background wouldn't need so much holding of the hand. ;-)
    no he needs his d*ck held. Probably cant pee in the restroom without making a mess.

You'll need very small precision forceps to do so though.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

17. Likes Metalbob liked this post
    Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6980 Post(s)

In short, little noob comes in here, doesnt know sh*t, puts off more than he knows because of his small ego driven pen*s, doesnt know how to take advice for sh*t and still fks up with his setup because he has absolutely no fking clue about anything car audio related, hires a backyard craigslist wack job to do his sh*t, doesn't get any results finished with the amount of time spent, keeps coming back for advice but sh*ts where he eats. Also claims to be everything in the world but admits to be a mental health disaster patient. Why is the world wasting its oxygen on such a useless turd of sh*t

I advice souldrop and losisatool to just stop responding to this fkface entirely and so will I.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast