+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1077

Reload Thread: Alex's Silverado

  1. #31
    Louisiana_CRX's Avatar
    Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Piney Hills of Louisiana
    Posts
    36,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1484 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Should be good ....




    Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

    Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465




  2. #32
    wew lad's Avatar
    wew lad is offline wew lad inc



    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2268 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    I think Alex just wants this thread to be his safe space, can't we let him be happy in his very own safe space?





  3. Likes hispls liked this post
  4. #33
    Massive spl's Avatar
    Massive spl is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell0715 View Post
    I think Alex just wants this thread to be his safe space, can't we let him be happy in his very own safe space?

    Well on Caco u can have uninterrupted build log and no one can reply




  5. #34
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3582 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    I've also got a couple sheets of 4' x 8' birch. I salvaged the rear wall and floor, so that saved a lot of wood, time, and effort. I should have enough 2x4's to make both sides and the top. Then double-layered birch baffle with an extra layer of 2x4's on the inside. Should be sturdy as hell

    I was hoping it wouldn't be
    So the 2X4s are only enough to cover sides and top or sides top and baffle? I've NEVER seen a legit loud wall with less than 5 layers of 3/4". Do yourself a favor and drop another 100$ into wood to do the baffle right. 3 layers to mount on + 2 layers to flush mount into. You're off to a good start, absolutely no sense half arsing the baffle.




  6. #35
    UsAmpsFreak's Avatar
    UsAmpsFreak is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Not everyone is on here to talk trash to you Alex, do the wall the way you want to, take some good constructive criticism and maybe a few decent ideas on the build from positive people. The rest of these trolls are just moronic.



    Head Unit Kenwood DNX892
    Kick Panels DD Audiophile 5.25's with seperate tweeters
    Front Doors DD Audiophile 6.5's
    Rear Doors DD Audiophile 6.5's (Bandpassed)
    Sub Amp DD M3c @ 1 ohm
    Mid Amp DD C5d
    Processor DD DS-1
    Subs DD TS3510 (2)
    Electrical Mechman Elite 370 Amp alt, 2 XS Power D3400's (under the hood) XS Power 1/0 Flex power wire throughout the build.

  7. Thanks adulbrich thanked for this post
  8. #36
    adulbrich's Avatar
    adulbrich is offline Lock up your daughters!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Age
    19
    Posts
    13,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell0715 View Post
    it means chill the fuck out
    Why should I chill out?

    Quote Originally Posted by los33 View Post
    Hey alex if you arent doing 150 then your life will be over!

    Massivespl lives to do 50s

    Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
    Like somebody on CACO said, hopefully I'm doing more than 150 with three 21's and 8k before rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    Should be good ....
    Thanks. I guess the shitposting begins now

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive spl View Post
    Well on Caco u can have uninterrupted build log and no one can reply
    I saw that option, but just put my build in the normal section there. CACO actually has intelligent members that don't live to spam your build log. I don't mind their comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    So the 2X4s are only enough to cover sides and top or sides top and baffle? I've NEVER seen a legit loud wall with less than 5 layers of 3/4". Do yourself a favor and drop another 100$ into wood to do the baffle right. 3 layers to mount on + 2 layers to flush mount into. You're off to a good start, absolutely no sense half arsing the baffle.
    I thought two layers of birch and another of 2x4 would be plenty, but I see your point

    Quote Originally Posted by UsAmpsFreak View Post
    Not everyone is on here to talk trash to you Alex, do the wall the way you want to, take some good constructive criticism and maybe a few decent ideas on the build from positive people. The rest of these trolls are just moronic.
    Thanks man



    My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongThrow View Post
    If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

  9. #37
    Massive spl's Avatar
    Massive spl is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    So the 2X4s are only enough to cover sides and top or sides top and baffle? I've NEVER seen a legit loud wall with less than 5 layers of 3/4". Do yourself a favor and drop another 100$ into wood to do the baffle right. 3 layers to mount on + 2 layers to flush mount into. You're off to a good start, absolutely no sense half arsing the baffle.
    I'm not legit to you? Darn




  10. #38
    Massive spl's Avatar
    Massive spl is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by los33 View Post
    Hey alex if you arent doing 150 then your life will be over!

    Massivespl lives to do 50s

    Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 160db.. I haven't even started livin yet. Some day I will. I'm trying to 160 from cpillar before I move to bpillar.




  11. #39
    adulbrich's Avatar
    adulbrich is offline Lock up your daughters!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Age
    19
    Posts
    13,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive spl View Post
    Life begins at 160db.. I haven't even started livin yet. Some day I will. I'm trying to 160 from cpillar before I move to bpillar.
    What'll you do if I meter higher than you since I've got a B-pillar?? lol



    My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongThrow View Post
    If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

  12. #40
    Massive spl's Avatar
    Massive spl is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    What'll you do if I meter higher than you since I've got a B-pillar?? lol
    I bet u will meter 155db with one tfe on 3 21s sealed on dash. I don't think u will beat my 157db. Meter don't lie. Lol it hurts feelings.




  13. #41
    adulbrich's Avatar
    adulbrich is offline Lock up your daughters!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Age
    19
    Posts
    13,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive spl View Post
    I bet u will meter 155db with one tfe on 3 21s sealed on dash. I don't think u will beat my 157db. Meter don't lie. Lol it hurts feelings.
    I'm just messing with you, lol. I don't think I'll be over 157 first try



    My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongThrow View Post
    If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

  14. #42
    jordon's Avatar
    jordon is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    You ever plan on getting more than 8K in power?




  15. #43
    adulbrich's Avatar
    adulbrich is offline Lock up your daughters!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Age
    19
    Posts
    13,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by jordon View Post
    You ever plan on getting more than 8K in power?
    Yes, much more when I have money



    My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongThrow View Post
    If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

  16. #44
    jordon's Avatar
    jordon is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    Yes, much more when I have money
    Should be loud for now but once you get alot more power should be nasty. Tuned in.




  17. #45
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3582 Post(s)

    Re: Alex's Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    I thought two layers of birch and another of 2x4 would be plenty, but I see your point

    That on the shell should be really solid but with a router and flush bit, rabbet bit, and roundover bit you can stack 3/4 to make a baffle much easier and cleaner than trying to carve through 3.5 of pine to make your mounting holes and get a nice flush mount. Buy a second flush bit because you'll always break one when you're in the middle of something. The router should also simplify copying pieces elsewhere when you're trying to double layer.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 94 Silverado, installing rear speakers
    By Nate8880 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2002, 11:09 PM
  2. ANyone with Sierra/Silverado...
    By SierraonDubs in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2002, 05:22 PM
  3. 2002 Chevy Silverado Help!!
    By cmcnally in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2002, 07:16 PM
  4. 81 Silverado
    By Garfield in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2002, 06:33 PM
  5. 81 Silverado
    By Garfield in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2002, 02:41 PM

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum