+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: 2013 civic si system in progress

blowthemup is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2013 civic si system in progress

Bought the car brand new and decided to put a nice system in it. Started out on a memphis mc16-1000d with 2 sundown audio sa-10s. Upgraded the amp to a sundown saz-2500d, pulled out the 4 gauge and ran o gauge and did the big 3. Got a xs power d5100r and decided I needed an alternator and lots more wire. Installed a 300 amp Singer alternator, just have to run some more 0 gauge to finish up the electrical for now. Will be getting a d3400 as soon as i can for the rear and will call the electrical done after that most likey. Then its on to the door speakers and sound deadening the entire vehicle. Have any questions just ask and ill try to get more better pics especially in progress pictures.

pickup1 is online now Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: 2013 civic si system in progress

Dam,all that already?....are you going g to change out the factory speakers?

Chromatic is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Clean install!

You did a great job building that box, design is nice, and I can tell you are a fairly talented craftsman with wood. (no pun intended lol)

Zero gauge is always overkill to me,.. but I like overkill to be honest. The 4 Gauge I ran throughout my car for 70x4 + 270 x 1 .. for one amp is a little overkill.. I have no doubt 8gauge would have powered it just fine...

Similarly I ran all new speaker wire replacing all the factory wiring,.. and ran 14 gauge KnuKonceptz wire when pretty much everyone told me I was being a moron and the factory wiring would "handle" my 900 watt amp just fine,.. And I don't doubt that, but I feel better that it's there.

Similarly you already have the "Big three" High output Alternator, Zero gauge wire, and a seriously expensive battery. You've prepped this car to literally handle most anything you throw at it now.

Like the previous poster I am curious at your factory mids and highs? Did you replace those? Or have you just put subs in it and are running factory mids/highs ?

If so, what are your plans for the Front stage?

Also, keeping that headunit? Or going to move to a Double Din headunit that is like a Mini-computer nowadays with DVD, CD, USB, Bluetooth, Touch screen, yadda yadda..

I know some people don't care anything about the way a headunit looks really, and like some of the Single dins for the Audio quality (not knocking the Head unit you have,.. just curious is all.)

All in all,.. everything you've done thus far looks like you certainly know what you are doing and are doing it right, which is what I like to see in these builds.

Oh,.. throw some tire shine on those tires, lol. That pretty new car and those dirty tires,

Vehicle: 2008 350Z
    Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470 - Front Stage: JBL 6.5" MS62C Components - Rear: (1998 German) MB Quart 6.5" QM-160-KX - Sub: SRQ Custom Enclosure with JL Audio 10" W0v3-4 @ 300w RMS - Amp: 5-Channel PPI 900.5 - Wiring: KnuKonceptz 4g Power/Ground + 3 Sets Twisted Pair RCA's - 14g Speaker wire - NVX + Rattletrap Extreme Sound Dampner (30Sq ft.) Throughout - Extras: Rear/Reverse Camera - KCA-iP-202 w/ Garmin Navigation Integrated with Touchscreen.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah my plan was to tackle the electrical first and make a solid foundation to start from. I'm disgusted with how dirty the car is, just been too cold to get the hose out. Running factory mids and highs at the moment but upgrading when funds allow. The factory speakers are amplified so they get loud and clear just no mid bass. I would like to switch to a double din unit but this pioneer is doing the job just fine for now. I actually plan on selling the 10s once I finish the rest of the system and I'm gonna go to two 12s or 15s. I refuse to pay someone for this type of work and I'm ocd about clean installs and looking good so I tend to do everything my self.

pickup1 is online now Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Nice work.

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

You don't have any snow on the ground and it's bright as hell out. I don't wanna hear you say it is to cold. Lol

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

2Dcore is offline F*It

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Very nice job on that enclosure! Looking good waiting on a demo vid.

HU- alpine CDA 117
    Front - RF 6 .5 T1 comps & RF pro audio super tweets (Amp-Memphis 16-MCA5004)
    Rear - 15" DC lvl 4 with lvl 5 soft parts
    (Amp Kicker kx2500.1
    Kinetic HC 2400's- Big 3 And a big mess of wire

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dcore View Post
    Very nice job on that enclosure! Looking good waiting on a demo vid.
    See if I can work on that for yall.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcons View Post
    You don't have any snow on the ground and it's bright as hell out. I don't wanna hear you say it is to cold. Lol
    That first picture is actually from summer time, and its been below freezing every night for the past month here. Crappy DOT has been wasting our tax money salting our roads and it doesn't even snow here and haven't had rain in two weeks. I try not to use auto carwashes either cause they will eventually leave micro swirls and holograms over time, especially on a black car which I have to fix later with the buffer. But I would have to agree I shouldnt complain being its sunny and not snowing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    That first picture is actually from summer time, and its been below freezing every night for the past month here. Crappy DOT has been wasting our tax money salting our roads and it doesn't even snow here and haven't had rain in two weeks. I try not to use auto carwashes either cause they will eventually leave micro swirls and holograms over time, especially on a black car which I have to fix later with the buffer. But I would have to agree I shouldnt complain being its sunny and not snowing.
    I'm just jelly lol. I plan on moving to Virginia, either Carolina's, Georgia, or Florida in the near future so I'm kind of excited

set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    aquire a 2k amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blowthemup View Post
    I'm just jelly lol. I plan on moving to Virginia, either Carolina's, Georgia, or Florida in the near future so I'm kind of excited

set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    aquire a 2k amp

jackreacher is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow man car looks awesome and system is clean and look great...waiting for demo video

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion

+ Reply to Thread