+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Complete build log (toyota sequoia)

4bannger is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Complete build log (toyota sequoia)

Okay and also since I haven't posted really any progress picture beside the stuff I've ordered I figured I would post some pics of a few boxes ib build for my buddies scion iq. (I know how much you Guys love picture)

This first one we built for 2 rockford 10's please ignore the crappy sony explode amp in the amp hidden amp rack we made that's all he had at the time

Just a cardboard template made to scale. First time I've personally used one and I will use them again

Curved the back walls just slightly to fit the sape of the back of his car better. First time doing this and it went so so

Fitting the top on. Man this thing had a ton of compound angles. Good thing our boss lets up use the shop after hours

This is the last picture I have. Flared the port with quarter round molding came
    Out pretty good. Wish I could find the finished picture
    Of this thing. I was impressed with it especially being my first box that wasn't just a square

This is the most recent one we made for 2 l7 15's and yes I know there are and over killed amount of kregg screws in this thing. And we also added glue blocks on every side

Yes. Way above the window line and still to scared to wall. 9 cuft total after displacement. This thing is huge and weighs a ton. I'm still trying to get him to wall the thing. Maybe after he gets the 4 sa12's

lnsomnia is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice neon green garden hose you chose for your sequoia! Looking good so far, I'll be keeping an eye on this. That box for the scion looks great as well. Very well done! Like my grandmas steak!

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-3600ui
    Mids and Highs: (2) SoundQubed QP-MR6.5's (4) SoundQubed QP-TH25 "Super Tweeters"
    4-channel Amp: Infinity Reference 475a
    Subwoofers: Three SoundQubed HDS200 15's walled off at 10^ft @ 32hz
    Monoblock Amp: Sundown Audio SAZ-2500d
    Wires: All 1/0 gauge KnuKonceptz
    Car: 2004 Honda Civic SI

150's+ on music with $90 subs ftw!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lnsomnia View Post
    Nice neon green garden hose you chose for your sequoia! Looking good so far, I'll be keeping an eye on this. That box for the scion looks great as well. Very well done! Like my grandmas steak!
    Thanks man.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay so I got some good progress done today well night I should say. My and my
    Buddy did my big three upgrade. This was a first for the both I think it went pretty good. I do have a question though.

When I did the alternator to battery I ran two runs of 1/0 taking the stock connection off. I noticed that there was a small wire that ran from the back off the alternator to the Battery. At first we did not
    Hook this to the battery and the vehicle didn't start. After connecting it again it started right up.

I have a voltage meter running to my amp. And was settling at 13.9 volts. But after driving for about 1/4 mike and stopping at a light it started to drop to like
    11.9 with no music playing at all. I figured it might be because I had my
    Battery out for so long and the fact that it was sitting on the cold concrete (apparently a bad thing to do)

So after driving around for about 15 mins I was running a 14volts which I am testing from the amp. And with music on full tilt I was running at about 13 to 12.5 with the biggest drop to about 12 (seemed to depend on the bass notes) but I was still disappointingly getting some
    Slight light dimming when stop for a few seconds (about 30 seconds).

Could not running the factory main wire from the alternator to the battery effect this in some way. I tried to be as specific as possible so you guys have a better idea of what I'm Asking and what I did.

Here's some picture of what we did

We drilled a hole at the top of the terminal ring and heated it up with a propane torch and melted sauter into the hole.

We then heat covered the wire in tech flex. which is surprisingly grease resistant. And then heat shrinked the ends with heavy duty tubing
    With adhesive

Out with the old in with the new. Roughly 4 aug stock compared to
    The new knukonceptz wire

Ran a new chassis ground. Sanded down the ground point and secured the ring terminal tightly. No the are three grounds in total. Factory ground to frame. Added frame ground, and beefed up factory fender ground.

A little sloppy for My liking untill I get some toolmaker battery terminals.

And just one more comparison picture

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay so I had to take a long trip today around 400 miles. I'm no longer have the voltage drop. I really believe it was just my battery needing a real good long change to it. Once again I will state my volt meter is running to my amp. I was getting a solid 14 volts while driving *at the amp, and around 13.7 at the amp while sitting still. And with music
    At full tilt it doesn't go below 12.6 volts. Big improvement to my 13.5 constant volts and drops as low as 11.5 when music on full tilt. Still need to run the 1/0 wire to my
    Amp and my second battery so hoping for a much bigger change after that.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I got some good progress done this weekend. It's all a learning experience for me so far.

Mounted the isolator. Really the only place under the hood I could find for it. I didn't wanna
    Have it in the car because I'm trying to limit the the clutter inside. It's an nvx 500 amp isolator.

Taking out the old 4 gauge and gonna clean up this mess up wires. I'm gonna order 100ft spool on tech flex soon and make it all much nicer looking.

I really didn't want to do this but I had to run the wire on the outside of the car. Went to Home Depot and bought the wire cover and some clips to screw it the the bottom on the truck. I could have ran it into the car. But I didn't wanna have a lump under it.

Getting all the wire cut to length and put the end on for the rear battery. I dont
    Know how I don't have a picture of it but ill make sure to post it
    Later

brian84corvette is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i enjoy your thought process on putting your power wire inside that thick rubber type sleeve to go under the car - may i suguest to you tho - to add drain vent holes every 2 foot on that outer sleeve. nothing big - just maby a 1/8" drill bit to allow moisture that gets inside that sleeve to be able to drain out as i suspect over time it will fill up with water / moisture and could potentialy ruin your nice run of 0 guage

brians ghetto burb of amazing and cheap and loud build log
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/604559-get-loud-cheap-ghetto-blaster-burb.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brian84corvette View Post
    i enjoy your thought process on putting your power wire inside that thick rubber type sleeve to go under the car - may i suguest to you tho - to add drain vent holes every 2 foot on that outer sleeve. nothing big - just maby a 1/8" drill bit to allow moisture that gets inside that sleeve to be able to drain out as i suspect over time it will fill up with water / moisture and could potentialy ruin your nice run of 0 guage
    I guess I could have taken more pictures to explain I ran the tubing up into the engine bay. And heat shrinked it to cover the opening. The tubing was just big enough to get the wire in it. And the other end I ran into the back of my truck. And heat shrinked the ends *** well. The only open ends are the one under the hood. And the other being inside the back of my truck.

I got the idea of using the tubing from a build log I seen on here. Can't remember which on. But I've gotten a lot of good ideas from the build logs people post.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay so got the 4th order built. Didn't add too much bracing and didn't glass the inside like I wanted to. I just didn't want to put a whole bunch of time into it when it was my first
    Time
    Building a fourth order and I wasn't sure how good it would come out.

But after this I'm am defiantly a fan or the 4th order!

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Nice job,that thang is huge!!

Brotherali is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Id recommend these battery terminals if you dont need more than 3 power or grounds:

Amazon.com: KnuKonceptz Triple 1/0 Gauge Battery Terminal Pair: Car Electronics

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    Nice job,that thang is huge!!
    yeah its a little big. But for the increase in output i got from it ill give up the space any day. I took out the third row with full intent to use that whole space.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherali View Post
    Id recommend these battery terminals if you dont need more than 3 power or grounds:
    Im going to be buying some tool maker battery terminals. once I get a new front battery.

Amazon.com: KnuKonceptz Triple 1/0 Gauge Battery Terminal Pair: Car Electronics

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Well...How does it sound?...what amp pushing them?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    Well...How does it sound?...what amp pushing them?

sounds great. im a 4th order fan forsure now. i have a kenwood kac8105d on the two subs. gonna be ordering the some stuff sometime this week an amp will be one of thoses things. plus looking at some 270 amp alts.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

alright so i know this build is going pretty slow. but im on a budget and buy things as i get more money. here is some pics off the box again. it was flexing like crazy so i decided to take it back out and resin it and added some dowel supports.

really need some practice with carpeting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2