+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Updated build - Hyundai Veloster

Beerdrnkr is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Updated build - Hyundai Veloster

So here's an update on what I've been up to recently. Was away from car audio for awhile but came back wanting to finish my setup.

updates to exterior mods:
    Tinted tail lights and markers
    Tinted windows
    18" wheels
    HID headlights and fogs
    K&N short ram intake
    (Final exterior/performance mod will be a new exhaust system for a little more power).

Current updated system:
    JL Audio XD600/6 bridged (200wrms x 3) to the right tweeter, right midrange, and right midbass.

JL Audio XD600/6 bridged (200wrms x 3) to the left tweeter, left midrangem and left midbass.

JL Audio XD200/2 bridged (200wrms x 1) to the center channel.

American Bass PH4000 (2000wrms x 1) to 2 15's in sealed boxes.

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 tapped into the stock Headunit.

Arc Audio Black Series 6 1/2" in the doors (midrange) and Tweeters in the pillars. Pillars are blown (somehow) and I'll either replace them or run something else, haven't decided yet.

Peerless SLS 8's in fiberglassed door pods.

SB Acoustics 4" midrange for the center channel.

(2) Image Dynamics ID15's in sealed boxes (still need to purchase 1).

So that's the new and hopefully final setup for awhile. Pics to come in a few.

References: galacticmonkey, 2lo2flo, mwe-maxxowner, xxxbasshead, cynicz, CHEMMINS, phantom240, blazron22, Imtjnotu, Blove1991, jeeper07, biker911, juniorab, spl_robb, monarae21, vitveet (x3), RidnClean, jdubbau, Nevada, SubNit, tEh koRnDog, infamous_e46, stuckinok, FASTIMES, RAM_Designs, btdickey99, Slammed, SPY, orangelss, dalucifer (x 3), dtbrown, khanhfat, iamamp3pimp, slam, 350zspl, latinplaya22, silvercookie, us3, bikinpunk, kpozr2, Biowaste, Zeuslicious (x 5+), and many many more....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Updated build - Hyundai Veloster

More:

References: galacticmonkey, 2lo2flo, mwe-maxxowner, xxxbasshead, cynicz, CHEMMINS, phantom240, blazron22, Imtjnotu, Blove1991, jeeper07, biker911, juniorab, spl_robb, monarae21, vitveet (x3), RidnClean, jdubbau, Nevada, SubNit, tEh koRnDog, infamous_e46, stuckinok, FASTIMES, RAM_Designs, btdickey99, Slammed, SPY, orangelss, dalucifer (x 3), dtbrown, khanhfat, iamamp3pimp, slam, 350zspl, latinplaya22, silvercookie, us3, bikinpunk, kpozr2, Biowaste, Zeuslicious (x 5+), and many many more....

momofx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nice setup! How do you like that 3sixty3? I was thinking of replacing my DQXS with one but then I heard the software is buggy...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by momofx View Post
    Nice setup! How do you like that 3sixty3? I was thinking of replacing my DQXS with one but then I heard the software is buggy...
    Well it started off rough with the 3sixty. I was one of the lucky ones that got the USB cable that was wired wrong so I wasn't able to get the software to recognize the unit and could only pull it up in demo mode. I just bought another cable for about $8 and that took care of that problem. Then I was having problems with the hi level outputs from the oem amp but I think the place I took it to just wired it wrong to be honest. I ended up telling them just to find a full range signal and tap in a line out converter to that and run it balanced.
    After that I didn't have any problems with software, hiss, etc. So far I'm really happy with it.

5. Thanks momofx thanked for this post
    winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Unless you need the power swapping the 4000md with the xd1000x1would complete and amazing install. Should be about the same footprint as well

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

tat2bass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Icon30 Re: Updated build - Hyundai Veloster

Nice set up. Would love to see you build a shelf in the back and go IB. A set of JBL w12gti mk II would be Amazing. Those black series are gray too

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Didn't get the Veloster turbo?

Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nice install man, twood love to hear this, what are your crossover setting for your front stage?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    Unless you need the power swapping the 4000md with the xd1000x1would complete and amazing install. Should be about the same footprint as well
    Its always nice having extra power. If there were a xd2000/1, that would be a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    Nice set up. Would love to see you build a shelf in the back and go IB. A set of JBL w12gti mk II would be Amazing. Those black series are gray too
    Thanks. Yeah IB would be pretty nice but this way just makes it easier to remove a sub or both easily in case i need the space. Its the reason I'm getting two seperate boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    Didn't get the Veloster turbo?
    Dont remind me! If i wouldve known they were coming out with a turbo i would've just waited. Got this car a few months before they came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Side Show View Post
    nice install man, twood love to hear this, what are your crossover setting for your front stage?
    Thanks. I just got it finished up today so i havent had too much time to tune. Crossover settings right now are set at midbass 63hz-250hz/24db butterworth, midrange 100hz-2500hz/24db linkwitz, tweeters (not in use) 2500hz-20khz/24db linkwitz, center 200hz-highpass/24db linkwitz, and subwoofer 63hz-lowpass/36db butterworth.

Silver-N-Black is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

**** bro build looks amazing, hope to hear it next year at a comp.

Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    **** bro build looks amazing, hope to hear it next year at a comp.
    Thanks man. Yeah I'll take it out to the next one. Won't be loud for being 2 15's but it'll still be pretty **** loud in this small car. Hopefully I'll have all of the tuning done to give everybody a little taste of SQ...lol

You finish your build yet? Still waiting to check that setup out, I think you might be pretty loud...lol

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
    Dont remind me! If i wouldve known they were coming out with a turbo i would've just waited. Got this car a few months before they came out.
    lol, my bad...yeah they're sweet little cars. I test drove the turbo but ended up going in a different direction with my new ride.

redrider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

nice little build.

noaffiliation.net
    subs : 1 SSA 10" gcon D2
    doors: not sure...assuming factory lol
    amp: PPI black ice series 1300.1D
    wires: whatever was there..... 4 awg
    alt: stock
    Big 3: not yet
    box: mdf/fiberglassed box ported tuned @ 34.... in process of being built by me
    Bought from: Catman Speckdzl4shzl
    Sold to: Black3gks 03silverado03

redrider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
    doesnt mean you get add one lol

noaffiliation.net
    subs : 1 SSA 10" gcon D2
    doors: not sure...assuming factory lol
    amp: PPI black ice series 1300.1D
    wires: whatever was there..... 4 awg
    alt: stock
    Big 3: not yet
    box: mdf/fiberglassed box ported tuned @ 34.... in process of being built by me
    Bought from: Catman Speckdzl4shzl
    Sold to: Black3gks 03silverado03

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    nice little build.
    Thanks. I've had a few big and loud setups but it's just too much of a pain to deal with. 2 15's in this little car on 2000wrms will be more than enough. Sounds really good right now. Can't wait to really get into the tuning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast