+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Help on choosing the right equipment! Front 6.5 components and????

derrickd is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help on choosing the right equipment! Front 6.5 components and????

Let me just start off by saying what i have and and what its in. 2012 VW Jetta - head unit - Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS - Fronts - Infinity 6030cs - Rear - Polk Audio DXI651 - Subwoofer -1x Infinity Kappa 120.9w - Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate R600X5.

What i am trying to do is relocate the infinity 6030cs to the rear passenger doors and buy new 6.5 components up front. I just bought Infinity Kappa 60.9cs components for the front but when i recieved them i noticed the tweeters are extremely big and i am returning them. ( i cut out holes for the component tweeters up front ( for the Infinity 6030cs tweets)on the door panels just in front of where the door handles/arm rest end, so the tweeters are pretty high up and the hole isnt that big! fyi). What i am looking for is a laid back/neutral sound ( i do not like the harsh tweeters like the infinity or metal tweeter sound) . My budget for the components is 250.00 and the components i have in mind are RE XXX6.5c , Hertz DSK 165 or 165.3, Focal 165A1SG, Morel Maximo 6, Infinity Kappa 60.11cs or Infinity Perfect61. I am looking for decent mid bass for when my girl or mom is in the car i can turn it up a little louder and cut off the sub( So i dont get yelled at! LOL) Also i like laid back or neutral sound and the thought of running the infinity 6030cs in the rear doors off the head unit power and maybe bridging the 4 channels on my amp to 2 to power the front speakers would also sound nice! Any thoughts??

derrickd is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help on choosing the right equipment! Front 6.5 components and????

IS anybody there???

Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so what are you asking? you want us to tell you what splits to buy? go have a listen and buy the ones you like the sound of the best, also the install of the splits makes a huge difference to the sound

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

yep, our opinion on the speakers means little.

midbass is determined by install, not as much speaker choice. a lot of effort goes into a speaker install. the build logs linked in my sig show what I do to speakers.

you should audition the speakers you are considering buying. and buy local if you can. that is where you get support and build relationships.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

+ Reply to Thread