+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Reload Thread: jaeguerra909's 1997 civic 4 zv4 18s walled

oxsign is offline No Affiliation oxsign is a Supporting Member of the forum!

oxsign is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: jaeguerra909's 1997 civic 4 zv4 18s walled

It still amazes me that "most" the people with all the experience can't give constructive criticism. Rather than give advice such as @UsAmpsFreak did. Once you give you "constructive criticism" what the OP want to do from there is on him. Don't take it the wrong way just cause they didn't do it exactly like you did. If they have the money, time, etc to do it the way they want to, just sit back and see what the outcome is. If they fail then the "I told you so's" are in order. Otherwise there's no reason to come off as a Dick and keep pushing the issue just cause it's not how YOU would do it. Let them fail & learn. Tons of experience mean nothing when you look & sound like a total Ass.

2. Thanks Silver-N-Black, UsAmpsFreak thanked for this post
    Likes Silver-N-Black, UsAmpsFreak liked this post

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oxsign View Post
    It still amazes me that "most" the people with all the experience can't give constructive criticism. Rather than give advice such as @UsAmpsFreak did. Once you give you "constructive criticism" what the OP want to do from there is on him. Don't take it the wrong way just cause they didn't do it exactly like you did. If they have the money, time, etc to do it the way they want to, just sit back and see what the outcome is. If they fail then the "I told you so's" are in order. Otherwise there's no reason to come off as a Dick and keep pushing the issue just cause it's not how YOU would do it. Let them fail & learn. Tons of experience mean nothing when you look & sound like a total Ass.

x2 and most of your experience was learned through failing and doing dumb sh+t. Everyone messes up and then you learn from mistakes. I have blown thousands on stupid ideas that didn't work out. That is the fun of this hobby is trying new things. Not just the true tried stuff that's guaranteed to work. Give your experience let someone take in what they want and that's it. See how it works and let them in the end decide what worked and what didn't in the build. That is how we learn through builds and by listening to the failures and successes that others have tried. So open your mind people no one knows all.

UsAmpsFreak is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    x2 and most of your experience was learned through failing and doing dumb sh+t. Everyone messes up and then you learn from mistakes. I have blown thousands on stupid ideas that didn't work out. That is the fun of this hobby is trying new things. Not just the true tried stuff that's guaranteed to work. Give your experience let someone take in what they want and that's it. See how it works and let them in the end decide what worked and what didn't in the build. That is how we learn through builds and by listening to the failures and successes that others have tried. So open your mind people no one knows all.
    Yep same here man, hell, thinking back to my first system (if it was even capable of being called one) i just shake my head now thinking about what a piece of crap that was lol. As i was installing at a shop a few years later i remember seeing the most ghetto installs coming through and thinking to myself while everyone else was laughing and making fun of them "boy, if they had only seen my pile of dog turd install" lol

jaeguerra909 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    Okay, so we're on Zv4 15s now?
    Man Jacob just told me the **** 18s are finished :/ lol first it takes for ever for them to get built and then when I make the right decision on switching them it all falls apart..I guess now will have the "wow" factor that there will be 4 18s in a civic..I am going to try and get a hold of him today and stress how much im going to need the 15s now

Hu:pioneer deh-prs80
    Eq:audiocontrol three.2
    Substage:4 sundown zv4 18s
    Front stage:6 pwx 6.5's 2 pwx 8's and 4 obaidian st1 tweeters
    Sub amp:sundown saz 5000d
    Front stage amp:sundown sax 125.4

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Guys I think ur stilllll missing out that I am not making this box..I have some with a huge reputation build my boxs that I do NOT Wanna mess up simply because I believe in doing things right the first time. How ever let's not take this path because I see the build log going the wrong way once again. If it does make thosw certain guys happy looking forward to saying "I told u so" then so be it and lets leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguerra909 View Post
    Guys I think ur stilllll missing out that I am not making this box..I have some with a huge reputation build my boxs that I do NOT Wanna mess up simply because I believe in doing things right the first time. How ever let's not take this path because I see the build log going the wrong way once again. If it does make thosw certain guys happy looking forward to saying "I told u so" then so be it and lets leave it at that.
    Well i won't be telling anyone "i told you so", even if the 18's are only in 4 cubes per they're going to be loud. What's the internal volume of the box? I was just suggesting to go with 15's if you could cause it would probably sound better but either way it's going to be loud as hell

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UsAmpsFreak View Post
    Well i won't be telling anyone "i told you so", even if the 18's are only in 4 cubes per they're going to be loud. What's the internal volume of the box? I was just suggesting to go with 15's if you could cause it would probably sound better but either way it's going to be loud as hell
    Yes reason I want 15s is for the simple fact it will play lower and be louder in a bigger box..theres no doubt about it even with 18s it will be loud as well. My buddy said hes guessing its gonna be around 20 cubes.

garychoffmann is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I love dumb stuff..... why every car I paint is metal flaked. I like it! Back up camera ftw! Have fun with it, why not? Lifes short. Get a trailer with 10 18's firing into the hatch if you want. I'm not going to sit here and say its a bad idea. Hell, I have all sorts of bad ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes reason I want 15s is for the simple fact it will play lower and be louder in a bigger box..theres no doubt about it even with 18s it will be loud as well. My buddy said hes guessing its gonna be around 20 cubes.
    That's cool man, as long as it's over 4 cuft per 18 it's gonna be loud. The 15's like you said would drop quite a bit lower but both will be loud as hell. You don't need me to say i told you so when it's done, i see you'll have plenty of other guys that will be all over that lol.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UsAmpsFreak View Post
    That's cool man, as long as it's over 4 cuft per 18 it's gonna be loud. The 15's like you said would drop quite a bit lower but both will be loud as hell. You don't need me to say i told you so when it's done, i see you'll have plenty of other guys that will be all over that lol.
    Haha yea thanks man..agh idk im over stressing about it I guess what ever size woofers show up at my door step ill just run ive been waiting since the first of this month for my 18s to be built so if I got 15s ill have the wait again..cars been in the shop for 2 weeks now we just need to continue the face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha yea thanks man..agh idk im over stressing about it I guess what ever size woofers show up at my door step ill just run ive been waiting since the first of this month for my 18s to be built so if I got 15s ill have the wait again..cars been in the shop for 2 weeks now we just need to continue the face.
    Yep i wouldn't worry about it, everyone has an opinion on here it seems that if you don't do what they would do than you're just an idiot. I've been installing long enough to know how car audio works, it's not rocket science.

13. Likes jaeguerra909 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Small update I got a hold of brian at sundown and he said he will speak to Jacob I guess they are at lunch so the 15s may be looking good now.

Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

X2 I agree with Jeaguerra box builder knows what his doing. Have seen his work in the pass, I would fully trust him and his advice.

Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    X2 I agree with Jeaguerra box builder knows what his doing. Have seen his work in the pass, I would fully trust him and his advice.
    Exactly the reason why im not worried

Silverado SS is offline Shake Pound and Rattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Waiting 15 days for Jacob to build your Subs is forever? Good thing you don't like FI or customs

[FONT="Georgia"][CENTER]Silverado SS on 24's
    2 Fi SP4s Fully Loaded
    8 cubic foot after disp. 30Hz
    PowerBass 5000XTA and PPI 900.4
    Clarion CZ 702 for now
    4 Exodus Anarchys, looking for tweets
    Singer 275A Alternator, Big 3
    140 A/H and Shuriken BT-45

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast