13 Post(s)

Re: JBL GTO 10 in ¼ Wave T-Line

My bad I was saying 30 batts

supra1987 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to know the dimensions of the 10 inch subwoofer t-line that you have built and also how much larger would it have to be with two 10's? Very nice by the way.

nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

price and dimensions?

Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html

bbeljefe is offline Supporting Vendor bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter
    bbeljefe is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supra1987 View Post
    I would like to know the dimensions of the 10 inch subwoofer t-line that you have built and also how much larger would it have to be with two 10's? Very nice by the way.
    The enclosure is 49" wide, 14" tall and 12" deep. The line is ~9.41' long and the line area is approx 63in², if I remember correctly. For two drivers, the line area would have to double but the length would stay the same.

This line is tuned to 30 Hz but for drivers with a higher Fs, you could build a shorter one. To give you an idea, a 35 Hz line would only have to be 8' long.

And thanks for the kind words.

Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)

bbeljefe is offline Supporting Vendor bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    price and dimensions?
    Dimensions are above. Price as it is now is $350.00.

Here's a picture of the current color scheme on the box... it is sprayed with Herculiner.

Sub not included. ;-)

318-780-6149

Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Have you tried experimenting with a tapered T-line or using a thin layer of acoustic batting along the walls? Both are used to stop resonances and further enhance the smooth flat sound that T-Lines are known for. Also you build beautiful boxes, really nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    Have you tried experimenting with a tapered T-line or using a thin layer of acoustic batting along the walls? Both are used to stop resonances and further enhance the smooth flat sound that T-Lines are known for. Also you build beautiful boxes, really nice work!
    I actually played with lining and stuffing in this box but to be honest, I don't think it's worth it in a car audio install unless it's a full blown SQ build. I can definitely see it helping in a home setup though. As for tapers, no I haven't... technically.

On my latest build in my truck I was having hell designing a below the window t-line for two 15s and I wound up doing two things that could have hurt. First, I choked the line by about 8% less than Sd and second, I mounted the subs along the line rather than side by side at the very end. Also, in order to make the thing fit like I needed it to, I tuned it to ~29 on drivers that are supposed to have an Fs of 34.5, iirc. As it turns out, I ran the DATS on them after about two months of play and both of them reported ~30-31 Hz Fs so it worked out for the best. That box is stupid loud for two subs and I when I play rock or sq stuff I get a smooth as hell blend between the mids and the subs.

And thanks for the kind words. :-)

318-780-6149

Dimwit is offline DEAF AS **** (DAF)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Mayne View Post
    Do you know about any differences in sound when it comes to designing around a 1/2 or whole wave? Obviously it would be improbable in a vehicle, but for a theatre setup now...if there would be any point. Envisioning such a thing makes me think back to those entire room horn designs I used to read about in the '90s.

EDIT: BTW, nice box. Makes me wish I would've kept the SUV since I didn't even really know about T-lines until recently. I can't believe you're planning to build one designed around two X 15's! That's gonna be NASTY!
    To answer your question a bit further you wouldn't want to do a half wavelength T line since that would cause you to have full cancelation at your tuning frequency and consequently its resonant frequencies (at least if my understanding of how T lines work is right). With a Whole wavelength T line you would essentially have full reinforcement at your tuning frequency and its resonant frequencies.

cablguy184 is offline SQ "White Lightning"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why do you have your enclosure just "Laying" on your back seat ??? SOO much pressure lost ...

Randal Johnson ... Comcast Xfinity ... 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab ... 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan
    Linear Power (TIPS) / Blues Car Audio ... Audio Technix ... Hyper Automotive LEDs and HIDs ... Mississippi Street Rod Association

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cablguy184 View Post
    Why do you have your enclosure just "Laying" on your back seat ??? SOO much pressure lost ...
    it still hits decently, thats what makes it impressive, it'll hit a lot harder if it had something to load off of.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.

Subs : SSA Zcon 12 in a 3.25 cube tuned to 33
    Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D
    Mids/Highs: PPI ION 520.4 - bought from trumpet
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front stage: Phd FB 6.1 6.5 mids with jbl ms-62c tweets and crossovers on 130 rms each.
    singler 180 amp alt with kinetik hc1800 under the hood and 2 hc 2400 in the trunk.

cablguy184 is offline SQ "White Lightning"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    it still hits decently, thats what makes it impressive, it'll hit a lot harder if it had something to load off of.
    to each his own I guess ... just thought I'd ask ...

Nice looking enclosures BTW ...

Randal Johnson ... Comcast Xfinity ... 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab ... 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan
    Linear Power (TIPS) / Blues Car Audio ... Audio Technix ... Hyper Automotive LEDs and HIDs ... Mississippi Street Rod Association

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3