+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

So here's what I'm gonna do: I made 3/4" birch rings. Still need an inch of depth, so I'm going to prop this up with dowels, stretch some fleece, and fiberglass it to the blue plastic piece. Then I'll add some chop mat to the whole thing for strength, and mount directly to the door metal. Then I will need to cut the grill off the door card, and fiberglass that higher as well. I do want to use it, because I don't trust passengers and I tend to rest my leg against it.

Also figured out the possible amp stand-off problem. I was apprehensive about using the plastic pieces, but I liked the look of them, so I snagged some brass pipe and cut it to fit inside, pounded it in, and voila, no more problems. @keep_hope_alive and @audiobaun led me to this.

Stained the top piece too. I'ts not the most even stain, but I like it

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

black05alti is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

Stain looks good bro. You're making steady progress now

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Just took off my door card, and holy F'n S, am I F'ed in the A.

So not only do I need another 1.5" in depth, I need an additional inch in diameter. I knew it would be some work, but I didn't think it would be THIS much. :shocked: :doh:

I think I have an idea though. But it will require me to finally learn to glass. Thought I might be able to get away without doing it for this build. Oh well.
    yea, those doors ****.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

So, haven't done a whole lot. Just worked on this POS speaker baffle and my amp rack/batt box some.

Mid baffle first. Pretty embarrassed to show this, but whatever. It turned out looking like a 4th grader made it. But, you won't be able to see them once I get the door panels reworked, and they seem pretty strong, so I'm not too concerned with it. I'm sticking to bondo from now on.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Made a few pieces for the bottom of the rack so it will sit level and has support for the batteries:

Should be almost ready for carpet. Also got the top done. One coat of stain, two coats of polyurethane. Got amps mounted and fans installed and wired up.

Should be my final wiring schematic. Will be using terminal strips because of all the connections:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Got the outer panels of my front doors done. Using AT 80mil for the doors, I have 60mil for everything else. I did as much of the panel as I could reach.

Also made covers for the bigger holes on the bottom out of sheet metal. Covered both sides with deadener.

Wanted to do more, but my body is just not having it. Got food poisoning from a couple eggs I cooked here this morning and threw up a couple times and have been on the toilet all day. No es bueno. I'm gonna try to get back out there tomorrow while the weather is decent.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Just got this in as well. Was like $12, figured I'd try it out. Does a decent job, just need to smack it a few times. This terminal isn't fully crimped, I just didn't want to make more unnecessary noise. Neighbors already probably hate me lol.

oxsign is offline No Affiliation oxsign is a Supporting Member of the forum!

oxsign is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I've been looking for a hammer crimp. Where did you find that one?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oxsign View Post
    I've been looking for a hammer crimp. Where did you find that one?
    Amazon. Name of it is "E-Z Red B790C Hammer Indent Crimper Tool". There was this one and another black one that got good reviews.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

More work on the front doors. First screwed on that piece of sheet metal covering the large hole:

Then ran the wire through the stock boot and fished it through a hole that was already there:

Then cleaned and deadened the rest of the door. After that was done, then mounted on the speaker baffle:

Threw the mids in there:

And wired them into the stock HU, just to get some music back in there:

So almost done. Need to make sheet metal covers for the holes that are left, but there are going to be some holes that I can't cover, like around the window assembly. Then I need to work the door panel, cut out around the speaker baffle and try to make that pretty. Done for today, it's time for steak and fireworks.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Got my alternator back from DC Power today. I had this alt on my last car, and I sent it back to them to get recased for this vehicle. They recase for $150 (I got a bit cheaper, they do military discounts ). My, and others, only complaint about DC was the wait times. Well, I got this done really quick. I shipped it to them, and they received it on the 25th. They called me on Monday, the 1st, and told me it was ready. I paid, and they shipped and I got tracking that night. Received it tonight, the 5th. So either this was fast because it was only a recase, and it does actually take the couple months people normally wait to build a whole new one, or they have finally caught up on orders. Either way I'm happy. Now for pics!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Cut some more sheet metal, and got the last two holes covered as much as I could. There's still a couple holes left, but there's not a whole lot I can do about them. These are finished.

Got the grills cut off the panel. Just need to cut the hole on the panel so the speaker baffle will fit through, then make some sort of raised grill to cover the speaker. I'll attach it to the door panel. I'm open to ideas on this.

Worked a little on my tailgate too. I'm sure I'll be revisiting this after the subs are in, but this is fine for now. It's hot as **** outside, I just wanted to get it done.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Threw some deadener on both my rear doors. Might come back later and cover the holes with sheet metal, but it's fine for now:

Tried to take everything off to get the headliner off too. Got all the oh **** handles off, visor, that gay roof-mounted console, and couldn't get the headliner out because I don't have the tools to get the seatbelt bolts off, which hold on side panels, which hold up the headliner. So this is all I got done:

Last edited by gckless; 07-12-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

So, bought a T47 torx bit, and tried to take my seatbelt bolts out. Here is what happened:

This POS just crumbled after a couple turns.

Had an interview and open house with Guide Dogs of Texas tonight too. Going to volunteer with them, work at the kennel and run a couple booths, and board a dog at my place on the weekends. They mentioned a couple things about their network and getting that set up, so might be getting involved in that too. They have a pretty good program down there.

Anyway, stopped at Sears on the way home, here's the replacement:

Worked my seatbelt bolts out, popped off a couple panels, and got the headliner out:

Deadener and foam will hopefully happen tomorrow. Bought Great Stuff to put under those braces so the roof doesn't slap against it. This is gonna be a ***** to put back in by myself.

Also, don't flock anything! Or atleast, use real good materials. Here's what mine now look like:

Apparently the oils on my fingers from putting it in (and I mean the natural oils, my hands weren't dirty) made the flock material and/or glue discolor. Might just spray over them with something.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

Got out of work early today, got some work done on the roof. Got two sheets of deadener on each section, a little more on the front section. Also added foam (Great Stuff) in between the roof braces and the roof, so that they didn't smack against each other. Worked really well, I would highly suggest that for anyone have a problem with their roof.

Put the headliner and all panels back on, was actually much easier than I expected. Was actually easier than taking it out, which makes no sense.

Got some goodies in the mail too:

Went to Sears as well, need some terminals if anyone has any:

These will be used for all my wiring. Love these things:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast