very nice equipment. i like the wire also, its different

I-Trader-http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=1860

2. Likes gckless liked this post

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

After that polish they look like totally different subs!!! Nice work man! Gunna be a sick build for sure. ESPECIALLY on that tank of an amp!!

Current setup
    OZ audio power 12.1s x2
    DD M3
    Alpine cde 9852
    4.2 cubes @ 36hz:

Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

phemps is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Just got this in today:

Combination ammeter/voltage meter and 500A 75mV shunt. Should allow me to see both voltage and current draw from my amps. Hopefully I can wire it up correctly and not fry it. Got the manufacturer (Chinese) to provide me a translated wiring diagram, so I should be alright. Has anyone used something like this before?
    I was recently entertaining this idea as well, ill be interested to see how you like it. Im thinking about getting a digital temperature controller to turn cooling fans on at a set temp as well. Like what you've done so far man

Refs: Rio, DbzArson, goodstuff, Worstenemy453

Quote Originally Posted by Altec View Post
    Then obviously I am asking the wrong person, because you don't know how to hook up subs if they sounded like "****". Maybe learn your ohms and your diagrams before you call something ****. Learn to make boxes to specs and use the right wires and its called dynomat. Then maybe your car wouldn't of sounded like ****, yeah?

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garretttt4 View Post
    After that polish they look like totally different subs!!! Nice work man! Gunna be a sick build for sure. ESPECIALLY on that tank of an amp!!
    Yeah man, they were bad. Honestly, polishing those was the most work I think I will do in this whole build lol. But worth it! And yeah, I love both of these amps

Quote Originally Posted by phemps View Post
    I was recently entertaining this idea as well, ill be interested to see how you like it. Im thinking about getting a digital temperature controller to turn cooling fans on at a set temp as well. Like what you've done so far man
    To be honest I'm surprised they're not more popular. I like knowing everything going on in my system, and hoping to spread some knowledge and prove a couple people wrong with it. I also thought about a temp controller, but found it unnecessary IMO. I couldn't justify the price vs. a simple switch for fans. Plus here in Texas, those fans would be spinning pretty much all the time anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

6. Likes garretttt4 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Cut the top piece. Here's how it should look:

The amps will be mounted about .5-.75" off the board. Gonna have to use threaded rod and washers/nuts for the 5k because the mounting tabs are so far off the board. Threaded rod and washers/nuts are so ugly though. Anyone have any ideas?

But I am going to be drilling holes for all wires, routing all edges, then staining it. Will be on hinges so the long edge close to the 5k opens upward.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Beau M is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looking good, I dig the green wire.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Made some standoffs from some material I got at Lowe's. Amps are 1.25" from the board.

treylittlefield is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

i had a leviathan back in the day, modded. thing was a BEAST. build is coming along great. cant wait to see the finished results

I-Trader-http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=1860

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by treylittlefield View Post
    i had a leviathan back in the day, modded. thing was a BEAST. build is coming along great. cant wait to see the finished results
    Shit, me too man! Lol. I'm workin on it. Gettin tint done right now. And this Levi is a damn sexy amp, can't wait to hear how she sounds.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Got tint done all around today. Done by a 3M authorized installer so it's guaranteed for life (as long as I don't lose the card). Got 35% on the front two windows, and 20% on all windows behind the driver in addition to the factory tint, so around 10% in the back.

Been workin on the amp rack/batt box a little, but nothin worth posting yet.

black05alti is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

tint looks good man. no front strip on the windshield though?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by black05alti View Post
    tint looks good man. no front strip on the windshield though?
    Nah, I'm not really a fan of that. But I'm real happy with it. Can't see into from the outside, but from the inside it's not too much more than stock. Haven't drove at night though either....lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So, been working on the amp rack. Got both amps figured out, mounting holes drilled and test-mounted, power wire holes drilled and routed, just waiting on fans now to measure and cut holes for before I start to stain the top piece.

Also got it mounted on hinges and latches. Used butterfly latches, pretty much the only latches I know of that I trust not to eventually rattle loose.

Thinkin about getting some hood or trunk gas springs, not sure yet. Probably will just use a strap or something to keep it from going too far over.

I'm positive I'm staining the top a nice dark brown, still undecided on the bottom, will probably just carpet.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Got my $100 worth of fans in from Newegg. 140mm fans, top will be pulling, side will be pushing out from box. Sorry, the pictures are a bit shoddy, it's da iPhone.

I think the top is ready for stain after some light sanding. I was thinking about putting a voltage meter and the switches for the fans up there, but I think I'm going to keep it clean and put them on the sides. I think it would ruin the classic stained look.

Also, I LOVE this Craftsman Bolt-on kit. I've done all of this with the driver, jigsaw, and router attachments (besides the side cuts with a trim saw).

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Just took off my door card, and holy F'n S, am I F'ed in the A.

So not only do I need another 1.5" in depth, I need an additional inch in diameter. I knew it would be some work, but I didn't think it would be THIS much. :shocked: :doh:

I think I have an idea though. But it will require me to finally learn to glass. Thought I might be able to get away without doing it for this build. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast