+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

So, did some work on this meter panel.

Taped up and covered the area I was working with. I covered the whole thing because I wasn't sure how much I was actually going to use.

Then I laid down one layer of glass, and figured out after an hour I didn't use enough hardener. So I just mixed up another and threw it on top. Don't remember if this was my first or second:

One or two more layers, and I popped it off:

Decided I'm just going to use the top section, not going down the sides. Cut it up:

Then cut the meter baffle, placed it on and marked the fiberglass where I want it:

Then just tacked it on with hot glue:

And that's where I stopped for the day. Tomorrow I'll throw some bondo on so the baffle will be a bit sturdier, then stretch some cloth.

Car show and boozin time!

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

More work on the meter panel.

Threw some bondo on the bottom for strength so I could stretch the cloth without worrying:

Then wrapped the thing with some shammy cloth I had laying around. It was soft cotton not microfiber. Used hot glue to tack it. Not perfect, but good enough to where I can fix with Bondo.

Just resin, coat #1 :

Added another coat of resin, then checked for fitment:

Cut the excess cloth and a quick sand, and here it is:

Made sure the meters still fit:

Cut out an access hole:

Added mat for strength:

That's where I stopped for today. Got some work left yet, but it's going well. I work slow, and that's fine with me.

Also, ordered a board of 3/4" plexi for the window on the box

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

3. Likes Sleeklsc, dgaf liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Bondo coat #1 :

A wee bit o' sandin:

After sanding Bondo coat #2 :

Gettin there. Just got some small stuff to fill in, sides to sand down, and it's almost ready for primer.

5. Likes Sleeklsc liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Taken with a potato, but last coat of Bondo:

Shot it with a clear primer, it's all I had. Need to get some black tomorrow.

The plexi also came in! This stuff is hard as a rock, I have no worries about this flexing.

Also just ordered some UV LEDs

I am debating on where I should put "Tantric Sounds" on the box. Originally I was going to seal the letters in the back of the box before I stain it so it would be much lighter. But now I'm thinking I will simply frost the plexiglass. Thoughts?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Just some primer and sanding. Alternating between grey and white coats so I know how deep I'm sanding:

This is the point where I start getting annoyed with sanding and my mistakes and just start accepting imperfections lol. It's not too bad right now, some stuff will be noticeable though. Gonna plasti-dip for the finishing coats.

Still want opinions on where to put "Tantric Sounds"! Either in the stain on the wood in the back, or on the plexi window.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I'm done with sanding, fed up! I'm fine with the mistakes at this point.

Plastidip coats 1 and 2:

Didn't get much done because I've been getting everything together to sell the current subs. Thread here: Two 15" Custom Subs/Box/18" Passive Radiators

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So it's done after like 5 coats of plastidip:

I'm letting it dry overnight to harden a little before I clean out the holes for the meters.

The UV LEDs also got in. Have 4 of these:

And bought a Harley today. Been a good day.

Still selling the subs! Thread here: Two 15" Custom Subs/Box/18" Passive Radiators

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Looks pretty good

yota.coma is offline who did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just read trough all 16 pages, sitting here at work. This thread Delivers! subing for future updates

02 Honda Civic Si
    Hu:pioneer deh-6000ub
    Sub:1 tc sounds t9
    Box:1.75 sealed
    Sub amp: mtx rfl 600d
    Front stage:LA storm Titanium comps 5.25
    Big 3
    Optima yellow top

12. Likes gckless liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Well it's not wired in yet, but I like the way it looks.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So, this upsets me:

My guess is it was cooler in the house where I sprayed it, and now out in this heat the fiberglass expanded and caused the plastidip to tear. Guess I'll have to take a sharpie to it.

But got them wired in. The ammeters are working correctly, but the voltage is off, I'll explain that later. First, two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_a...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVDa...ature=youtu.be

Notice how little my Levi draws.

The voltage is off. I wired it all together, ran off a single wire from my daisy chain in the back. Didn't start dropping like that until I wired those two in. I know it's off, because if I turn the fans on in the amp rack it drops to 14.4V and stays there, and that ain't right. I'll have to run some more wires and hopefully that will solve it.

Also, Texas is already unbearable:

Or for those of you in the US:

BoomTaco64 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

looks good. maybe try to use SEM rather than plastidip? may help out with the paint not coming off or cracking.

Lowflyin is offline Sit on my face, B*tch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sick lookin. Your HU reads voltage?

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...
    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomTaco64 View Post
    looks good. maybe try to use SEM rather than plastidip? may help out with the paint not coming off or cracking.
    Well it's already done

I'll keep it in mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowflyin View Post
    Sick lookin. Your HU reads voltage?
    Yeah, the 80PRS does.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So here's part of the knock-down kit. Still missing the three biggest panels, haven't cut those yet. Been battling with my saw, keeps curving to the left, so there's some shoddy cuts. Need a new blade, hopefully that will fix it. Then I'll cut those panels, because they're the outer face panels I'm gonna be staining so they need to be good. This is gonna be a fun jigsaw puzzle.

Just an idea, quick dry-fit:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast