+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

ffkk is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    So, drove around for about an hour and a half. These are starting to break in. Truck sealed, passenger door open, sitting in drivers seat today was the first time that it messed with my nose and breathing through my nose. My rear glass now squeaks when driving around with no music just from road bumps lol. I'm gonna have no car left in like a month
    Can't wait until my Levi gets back so I can start playing with and tuning the front stage, and see what I can do for SQ. Love the PAC LC-1, I'll be able to get these subs to blend pretty decent.

Got a couple listening notes pertaining to my substage (which is crossed at 63Hz):
    - Tuning is higher than I like it. I can hear I'm missing some notes below about 30 or so.
    - Output falls fast. Tuning is 35, output falls but is audible until about 30, and depending on volume, is basically gone by about 28.

My plan is to tune down in 2Hz steps, down to about 22Hz.
    I'll play each tuning frequency for atleast five hours of listening time in order to make a decent determination of what my impressions are.
    you doing this by ear with single frequency tracks or using an RTA?

BMW e46: Alpine CDA-9833R, Fugged 6.5" Focal Polyglass Splits to be replaced with DD6.5CS, 2x12" SSD, SSD 7800, JBL GT75.4

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ffkk View Post
    you doing this by ear with single frequency tracks or using an RTA?
    I am finding tuning with single frequency tones. I'm noticing output fall mostly by ear, but confirming with tones as well. I am using a 1/3 octave RTA as well, which is mostly an afterthought at this point. I'll be using the RTA much more once I get my Levi back and start dialing in the front stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

ffkk is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am finding tuning with single frequency tones. I'm noticing output fall mostly by ear, but confirming with tones as well. I am using a 1/3 octave RTA as well, which is mostly an afterthought at this point. I'll be using the RTA much more once I get my Levi back and start dialing in the front stage.
    I wish I could get my hands on one of those RTA's

Great build log.

BMW e46: Alpine CDA-9833R, Fugged 6.5" Focal Polyglass Splits to be replaced with DD6.5CS, 2x12" SSD, SSD 7800, JBL GT75.4

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ffkk View Post
    I wish I could get my hands on one of those RTA's

Great build log.
    I got mine for $40. If you've got a smartphone you can too. AudioTools app and Dayton iMM-6 mic
    Pretty sure I posted it up a little bit back.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    I'm thinking of buying 2 set of these mids hope you can help me out. What's the outer diameter of the Mid baffle? Trying to see if glassing my doors a bit different would allow me to fit them.
    Any info on this?

Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    Any info on this?
    Oh shoot man, sorry about that! You're talking about the very outside edge, the edge outside of the mounting screws right? I just measured 7-1/4".

Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Oh shoot man, sorry about that! You're talking about the very outside edge, the edge outside of the mounting screws right? I just measured 7-1/4".
    Cool thats what i need it thank you.

Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Got a box in the mail from @papageno21 today. Here's what was inside the box:

Didn't even have the decency to spell it out -_-

And inside that were these:

Gonna do these this weekend. Also gonna visit Lowe's and snag some washers for my PR's. Gonna tune it down, and actually set my gains.

Also sent out the Levi today.

jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

LOL did he really write that on the outside of the package?

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    LOL did he really write that on the outside of the package?
    Lol no, it was inside a flat-rate box.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So, first thing I did after work was tune this box down. Added 20 washers to each PR. Don't know the weight of each washer, but I know the count, so it's not super important right now.

Did the cone resonance test again, and found my tuning to now be at 27Hz.

Next thing I did was set the gain on my 5.0k. Used a 50Hz -5dB tone. First I found what I was at, then I adjusted gain until I was at my target voltage of 65V, which is about 4200W RMS. Here's my findings:

Before adjusting gain:
    A/C Voltage: 36V
    Wattage: ~1300W

After adjusting gain:
    A/C Voltage: 65V
    Wattage: ~4200W

Yep, all those videos above (and what you heard @FamousMassacre and @myjaja ) are with these two subs on 1300W, so roughly 650W to each sub. Tuning was at 35Hz.

This tuning is much better. I'm not missing notes down below, and I can hear the peak that was around 36-45 flatten out a little. Playing 27Hz at 4200W, my PR's are crying. Just screaming for mercy. These things are moving a LOT. Thinkin about tuning down just so I can have a little leeway in their movement. On the other hand, part of me just says fuck it, if they shred I'll have PSI build them better next time.

More to come, haven't played it barely at all. Need to find somewhere to go where I won't piss everyone off lol. But things are moving around on my vehicle much more now.

Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the amp inside the box...

is it okay to have speaker wires passing in/around near the power wires?

nice build I wish I had the space for all of that

HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trey803 View Post
    the amp inside the box...

is it okay to have speaker wires passing in/around near the power wires?

nice build I wish I had the space for all of that
    Lol, I know. It's only temporary.

Why wouldn't it be? I have a little engine whine, but very slight, and can't hear it once I turn the HU up to talking volume or higher.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Got my buss bars installed this morning.

Kudos to @PapaGeno21 , he made these, and they were perfect, dropped right on to the terminals without me having to move the batteries at all. Wiring still isn't real clean, but better. Can't really do TOO much with that temp amp in there. I'll be doing cable management once the Levi gets back and I can get that MTX out of there.

Really the only thing left to do is figure out how I'm gonna cover the mids.

By the way this tuning is so much better for my tastes.

Finally vacuumed and cleaned the truck too. Gonna head down to the weekly car meet tonight, we'll see what happens.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Went to the local weekly car show tonight, gave a couple demos. I'm starting to get the feeling I don't have enough PR area for my power. At tuning (which is 27Hz right now), at full tilt (which is 4200W right now), the PR's are making mechanical noises. Traveling a buttload, has to be at or damn near their 3.5" p-p rating. Not sure my subs really like 4200W either though, the motors are getting warm. Then again it's fucking 92 degrees at 10 o'clock. Fuck Texas.

Also noticed that it's not really that loud outside the car, but once you close the hatch, inside the car is decently loud. Loading is an amazing thing.

I can't wait until I get my Levi back. Because then I can start worrying about tuning the front stage and blending everything, and that means lower sub levels. Right now all I really care about are the subs.

I already want to be louder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast