+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

iiJonathan is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Just finished all 9 pages, looks absolutely amazing! I've been into car audio heavily for about 8 months now, and I've gotta figure out how those radiators work. Good luck on the build, I bet that box is heavy as ****.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iiJonathan View Post
    Just finished all 9 pages, looks absolutely amazing! I've been into car audio heavily for about 8 months now, and I've gotta figure out how those radiators work. Good luck on the build, I bet that box is heavy as ****.
    Thanks bro! I posted a couple links way back in the build log I think about PR's, let me know if you don't find them, I can dig them up. But they're pretty simple, instead of tuning a port by making it longer (which changes the mass of the air inside the port, make a port longer to tune lower, more mass), you tune a PR by adding weight. More mass equals a lower tune. And the box isn't too bad, about 70lbs. unloaded. Birch is a wonderful wood But I still got a guy coming tomorrow to help me get it downstairs, I don't want to nick dat finish!

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

Was outside literally the whole day. Got my wire ran, soldered a few remaining terminals, got the amp rack in, amps wired up temporarily. This is what under my hood looks like now:

Lololololololololololol, here's the inside of my amp rack:

That's only temporary. @PapaGeno21 is making me buss bars right now, should have them by next weekend, and everything will get cleaned up then.

But here's a quick, blurry pic of how it looks:

Didn't get speakers or anything wired in yet, that will be tomorrow. Got a dude coming over to help me get the sub box downstairs too.

The voltage meter/ammeter lights up too. I didn't fry it KHA
    Will just have to see if it's actually reading amperage once I get some music going. The voltage is accurate, measured with my DMM.

14.8V cold idle, fell to 14.6V warm idle. I'm good with that

She lives today. She breathes tomorrow.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)

wow. I love that amp rack

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

So, ran into some issues. Leviathan took a dump
    Good news is that @Vertex Audio is amazing, and gonna work with Zed and get the amp fixed with no costs to me. They are awesome, if you haven't checked them out, do it now.

Anyway, I found an old MTX 50Wx4 @ 4ohm amp, so my mids are very underpowered, but I have a front stage.

Here's a pic of the amp rack with the Zed still hooked up. I love it!

And the 5.0k wiring. It's so smexy!

Here's the temp amp in the battery box:

And a wider view of the clusterfuck of wiring. Can anyone see why I have engine whine????? Lmao!

And suddenly, I haz da bass!

Now, I don't know if it's just because I haven't had music in here for like a month, or if I just haven't been in loud vehicles, or it's just because it's mine, or what it is, but this is the loudest vehicle I've been in. Here are some vids:

First Walkaround - YouTube

System - Day 1 - YouTube

Vids don't really show much, I did a decent job deadening I guess. It's much more impressive inside the vehicle.

Voltage is rock steady with only one additional G31. The ammeter does work! But I think for some reason the scale is way off, seems as though a reading of 010 means one hundred. Not sure, I'll watch it more, but I don't think I seen a reading of over like 025, so that makes sense based on where my gains are and the size of the amp.

Right now, the PR's have no additional weight. Haven't found the tuning right now, haven't done any testing like that yet. Gain was also set by hand, so it's not tuned at all. This was day 1, it's only getting better from here

I'm not worrying about my front stage right now until the Zed gets back.

6. Likes jockhater2, basshead7890 liked this post
    treylittlefield is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

that looks awesome man, what were you external dimensions on your box? how far are ya off the hatch?

***** about your leviathan. i had problems twice outta mine, once my fault the other not. and Mr. Mantz took care of me very well. he is a very intelligent man for sure.

I-Trader-http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=1860

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by treylittlefield View Post
    that looks awesome man, what were you external dimensions on your box? how far are ya off the hatch?

***** about your leviathan. i had problems twice outta mine, once my fault the other not. and Mr. Mantz took care of me very well. he is a very intelligent man for sure.
    Box is 19" high and 37.5" wide. Fits so perfectly between the wheel wells. Ya know, I didn't measure how far off I am, but it should be 5-6".

What were the problems on yours? Vertex is taking care of me, they're going to talk to him tomorrow and then get me in touch with him.

iiJonathan is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Watched the video! I looked up the PR's and how they work and it makes sense, having no port walls to take up mass, do the 18's add to the surface area of your setup or since they are unpowered they don't really add? They are still pushing air obviously seeing your setup. But it definitely looks SIICKKK. Love the green fleks.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iiJonathan View Post
    Watched the video! I looked up the PR's and how they work and it makes sense, having no port walls to take up mass, do the 18's add to the surface area of your setup or since they are unpowered they don't really add? They are still pushing air obviously seeing your setup. But it definitely looks SIICKKK. Love the green fleks.
    The PR's function the same as a port, so they add as much as a port would. It's not the same as adding more powered woofers to a ported enclosure, if that's what you're talking about when you say adding surface area. But thanks!

armykyle1 is offline armykyle1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Really nice build man. Clean work.

Side note, my Leviathan took a dump on me too. No idea why either. Wasn't playing hard, no bumps in the road, just fizzled out... I gotta get a shipping box for it and get it fixed.

Build
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/581952-2dr-zr-2-blazer-build-gfy-3.html
    Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Box is 19" high and 37.5" wide. Fits so perfectly between the wheel wells. Ya know, I didn't measure how far off I am, but it should be 5-6".

What were the problems on yours? Vertex is taking care of me, they're going to talk to him tomorrow and then get me in touch with him.
    I had a version 1 I believe. First time it got wet due to a leaking bed cover. Second time it was either very high noise floor or alt whine. He fixed it and I got him to upgrade the power. Did 180x6@8 ohms lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armykyle1 View Post
    Really nice build man. Clean work.

Side note, my Leviathan took a dump on me too. No idea why either. Wasn't playing hard, no bumps in the road, just fizzled out... I gotta get a shipping box for it and get it fixed.
    Thanks.

You hear a lot of problems with these amps. It's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by treylittlefield View Post
    I had a version 1 I believe. First time it got wet due to a leaking bed cover. Second time it was either very high noise floor or alt whine. He fixed it and I got him to upgrade the power. Did 180x6@8 ohms lol
    Yeah the v1's had some problems. And that's a crazy amount of power o.0
    I want that! How much did that cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

I think mine was a v.2 and it would only run 4 ohm stereo and 8 ohm bridged at the lowest impedance. That's the only thing that ****** about it. Worked great or pro audio stuff though

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

So, tuned at 35Hz as of now. That's with no additional weight on the PR's. Want to listen to it a bit, get a baseline established in my head, that way when I change things and add weight I have something to compare to. Here's a quick video on finding tuning without math:

How to Find Passive Radiator Tuning - YouTube

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1828 Post(s)

So, drove around for about an hour and a half. These are starting to break in. Truck sealed, passenger door open, sitting in drivers seat today was the first time that it messed with my nose and breathing through my nose. My rear glass now squeaks when driving around with no music just from road bumps lol. I'm gonna have no car left in like a month
    Can't wait until my Levi gets back so I can start playing with and tuning the front stage, and see what I can do for SQ. Love the PAC LC-1, I'll be able to get these subs to blend pretty decent.

Got a couple listening notes pertaining to my substage (which is crossed at 63Hz):
    - Tuning is higher than I like it. I can hear I'm missing some notes below about 30 or so.
    - Output falls fast. Tuning is 35, output falls but is audible until about 30, and depending on volume, is basically gone by about 28.

My plan is to tune down in 2Hz steps, down to about 22Hz. I'll play each tuning frequency for atleast five hours of listening time in order to make a decent determination of what my impressions are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast