My customer's car is a 05 legacy with with stock head unit and door speakers. He added aftermarket Alpine PDX 600.1 amp and Alpine Type R 12" sub woofer to the oem system a few years ago. He decided that he wanted more from his audio system by doing a full SQ build with the highest quality products for his budget. Since this is his daily driver he needed the car for work and could not leave it for a extended amount for time. So Im working on the car in stages. So it will take 3-4 trips to the shop to complete the build. Also he lives 1.5 hrs away from the shop. The system will be ran passive with the illusion audio crossovers now. His future plans after this build will include adding Arc audio PS8, 0 gauge wire, dry cell sealed battery and run the system active.
Goals for the build
- Achieve high level sound quality and get loud when needed.
- minimal trunk space lost and retain stock look and spare tire.
- keep all panels stealth in appearance
- JVC KW-AV60 6.1" double din dvd/cd head unit receiver
- Illusion Audio Carbon C6 2way components for the front stage( Backed ordered should be here by 3/15/13
- Arc Audio Black Series 12D4 12" subwoofer
- Arc Audio KS 300.4 4channel amp for the component set in BI-amp mode
- Arc Audio KS 300.2 2 Channel amp bridged to one channel for the sub
Picture of the car
First I installed the JVC 6.1 DOUBLE DIN in the dash
then the viper responder 350 2 way alarm and a backup battery to keep his system secured